Reply/Quote
Center
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Center

This is the way.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Center

Yep... Hopkins has gotten by for years just by being the shiniest turd on the O line. With improvements all around him, we can see that he's not so good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Offensive Line. Center is struggling but RT and LG are free agents. Not to mention 3Ts are both free agents.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Depends who's there, but I like some of the early CB prospects.
Reply/Quote
I rather pony up cash for FA for the line personally..... I'd be good with a corner
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
A true game changing shut down CB.
Reply/Quote
They're sinking a lot of cash into the secondary with Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, and most likely Bates before 2022. I don't see them drafting a corner.

I see them getting another OL or perhaps a DE or DT. OL would play into the theme of Taylor taking offense in round 1 (and 2 for that matter). I'm fine with that strategy as long as they keep complimenting the defense in free agency.

I'm a fan of Hendrickson and Hubbard, but I'd love to see another high-end DE added to the rotation. Ogunjobi is a free agent after 2021, and so is BJ Hill. If they don't want to pay either of them, DT would be a need.
Reply/Quote
Needs should be addressed in FA. Draft should be for BPA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Needs should be addressed in FA. Draft should be for BPA

I agree.  I do like the idea of them building defense through FA and offense through the draft.  The only downside is the unpredictability of OL prospects.  I think they would benefit greatly from paying for established OL in FA.  Reiff was a good signing, so perhaps they'll double down on that strategy.
Reply/Quote
Hope we are picking 32nd so RB to complement Mixon.
Reply/Quote
The needs are CB (at least some depth behind it the starters) and OL
You can never have too many good players at either one of these position groups.
Reply/Quote
Corner would be my first choice. If Reiff isn't retained then I'd switch that to a RT.

Sauce from UC looks pretty saucy to me. No homer.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Hope we are picking 32nd so RB to complement Mixon.

The last thing the Bengals need is a first round RB. The value just isn’t there.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Offensive Line. Center is struggling but RT and LG are free agents. Not to mention 3Ts are both free agents.

Out of Spain, Reiff, Ogunjobi, Hill, I would hope we can re-sign at least a couple of them.

Reply/Quote
OL still. Our depth there is too shallow. We need a good C for sure. Most C are 2nd or 3rd rounders, but I haven't scoped out 2022 draft yet.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
For me it’s RT. Not sure how long Reiff is planning on playing here.

I also wouldn’t mind a dominant DE prospect to add to the mix, they never hurts.

CB is up there as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:17 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... Hopkins has gotten by for years just by being the shiniest turd on the O line. With improvements all around him, we can see that he's not so good.

It’s a long way until the draft, but interior o-line and RT will need addressed. CB will as well.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
So for everyone saying RT where do you see D’Ante Smith playing once he’s ready? I know we played him at OG all preseason, but I think that was more about seeing if he could beat out XSF and Carman. I can’t imagine him not being an OT at some point. If you made a prototypical OT in a lab he would look like Smith. At least in terms of size and arm length. I think he’s our future RT once he gets strong enough.

Reply/Quote