Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No 1 Need in 2022 Draft
(10-03-2021, 01:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The team still needs a long term answers at RT, LG and Center. I'm assuming that Carman works out at RG. If Carman is moved to RT next season, then there we'll still need to address the interior line - again.

The top 3 corners on the team have all come in free agency and if a top corner is there when the Bengals pick, then it would not be bad to use that pick on a corner. It's an expensive position to fill in free agency.

Bates is in the final year of his rookie deal and he'll be in high demand come the off season, so a good cover safety could become an instant need.

Do they?

Whitt was old and signed by the Rams and still playing at a high level. Reiff could be our answer for next 3 or 4 years at RT. He is a lot younger than Whitt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Reiff could be our answer for next 3 or 4 years at RT. He is a lot younger than Whitt.

He’s also a lot worse than whit.

Not that Reiff is bad
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do they?

Whitt was old and signed by the Rams and still playing at a high level. Reiff could be our answer for next 3 or 4 years at RT. He is a lot younger than Whitt.

Whitworth is an Exception not the rule
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:07 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Cornerback.

Thoughts?

J24 already has this thread going in Draft Central section of board forums.  I humbly suggest this be merged with that, since this is clearly a Draft Thread.  

I will add that at 3-1 on the season, can we enjoy 3-1 so far.  The idea is not to lose to have a top draft pick, the idea is to draft so you can have a winning season.  In 2021, the opportunity is here to have a winning season. The best thing possible would be to win in the play-offs and be one of the last teams to draft.  Teams that always draft early are teams that stink every year.  After 30 some years with no play-off wins, we now treat draft day as if it is the Super Bowl, and it is not. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 07:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, but the point of picking much later than recent history is real....That is why I said LB for depth and developmental talent.  If they are picking at the end of Rd 1, it will be the 5th or 6th best CB or OT.  

I actually really like what we have in D'Ante Smith, and one guy that has played a few snaps and graded out VERY well (which is a total surprise to me) is Isiah Prince.  Don't forget they also have Adeniji.  

Sure, if the talent is there I will add to the offensive line and maybe a top flight center is there as well.  I have no idea how they feel about Hill other than they were willing to let Price go before Hopkins even took a snap.  

With respect to Hopkins, he has played pretty well and I think will only get better as he gets back 100% from the injury.  

I am also a fan of D’ante Smith. I think he was a great pick up in the 4th. Really, I’m not even stanning for OL talent in the first round. I just don’t think RB has the value necessary to use a first round pick on one. I am actually high on Evans because of his receiving abilities and I want to see him involved more.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Why RB or LB?

Wilson is playing really well, and Pratt is solid too. Pratt is still under contract through next year and Wilson through 2023.
As for RB, Mixon is 3rd in the league in rushing behind only Henry and Chubb. He's also under contract through 2024.

In fairness, Mixon went on IR last year and is dinged up 4 games into this season.

The reality with big 2nd contracts for RB's is that you need to be looking to get out from under them because they simply will not be healthy enough or performing to a high level towards the end to justify the money.  You can use the $12 mil a year they're paying Mixon to fill needs in FA.

I'm not slamming my fist on the table for a RB in the 1st, but If the value is there, I don't think you can just dismiss it and say we don't need a RB.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whitworth is an Exception not the rule

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/27/14724674/age-wall-for-offensive-tackles-nfl

This actually proves your point. Most start decline around age 32, But all fans need to read this article til the end. It was about should Denver sign Whitt? In the end, they said yes d, but only for a 1 year incentive laced deal.

I guess the Bengals contract offer was a great one for a guy who was aging and projected to be starting his decline sooner rather than later based on the history of the position. I also did biot realize Munoz decline started at age 32.

Obviously Whitt is also a freak of nature. We know now, but no way anyone predicts it when the Rams signed, or else they sign him for a 3 or 4 year deal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure. There are a few positions I would be open to drafting depending on who is there...

IN ORDER:

CB
C
TE (I know we don't utilize the TE much, but if a great one is there I would consider it)
RT (I see Reiff re-signing. If he doens't, this goes from #4 to #1 easily)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 01:57 PM)Takedown Wrote: I'm not sure. There are a few positions I would be open to drafting depending on who is there...

IN ORDER:

CB
C
TE (I know we don't utilize the TE much, but if a great one is there I would consider it)
RT (I see Reiff re-signing. If he doens't, this goes from #4 to #1 easily)

I'd put safety ahead of TE if Bates leaves.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 01:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/2/27/14724674/age-wall-for-offensive-tackles-nfl

This actually proves your point. Most start decline around age 32, But all fans need to read this article til the end. It was about should Denver sign Whitt? In the end, they said yes d, but only for a 1 year incentive laced deal.

I guess the Bengals contract offer was a great one for a guy who was aging and projected to be starting his decline sooner rather than later based on the history of the position. I also did biot realize Munoz decline started at age 32.

Obviously Whitt is also a freak of nature. We know now, but no way anyone predicts it when the Rams signed, or else they sign him for a 3 or 4 year deal.

100% guarantee  If we knew whit would have been this good this long he would still be in stripes.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do they?

Reiff is only on a 1 year deal. We won't know until later in the season if he pans out or wants to re-sign another 1 year deal on the cheap. He may just get offered a 3 year deal by some other team just like Whit did. The thing is that at this point we can't say for sure that he'll be here. The same is true for Bates.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So for everyone saying RT where do you see D’Ante Smith playing once he’s ready? I know we played him at OG all preseason, but I think that was more about seeing if he could beat out XSF and Carman. I can’t imagine him not being an OT at some point. If you made a prototypical OT in a lab he would look like Smith. At least in terms of size and arm length. I think he’s our future RT once he gets strong enough.

(10-04-2021, 11:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: For RT, everyone's forgetting that D'Ante Smith is essentially redshirting this year.

I don't see him NOT starting in 2022, either at LG or RT, but have a strong feeling it will be RT (those arms).

As I've said on Twitter, right now, I'm all in Sauce, Stingley or a C (Linderbaum works for me), depending on where we end up drafting (and I don't think we'll be high-enough for Stingley, unless we trade up).

For the Gs, my picks are one of the LSU Gs, Munford or Bruss from Wisconsin, if they come out.

Not everyone…^ ;)

Reply/Quote