Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengal better this year?
I read so many posts in this forum that declares every Bengal has regressed this year; while, I agree the team as a whole has taken a major step back this year we do have some players who have improved. Below is the list I have off the top of my head:

Trey Hopkins (Has at least become a stating caliber C in a line full of back ups)

Sam Hubbard (Improving on a good rookie season with more playing time)

Andrew Billings/ Josh Tupou (these 2 have solidified our 1 tech. May be time to look for a 3 to spell/replace Geno)

TylerEifert (He ain't hurt)

Am I missing any or do you think I'm off on any I mentioned?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I could only think of 3 others

Darius Phillips -- showed KR skills and played decently in the secondary

Brandon Wilson -- same story, but looked better than most our starters in the secondary

Auden Tate -- He's built on what he began last year. He would make a great 3 on most teams.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd, all he needs is someone to throw him the dang ball..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tyler Boyd, all he needs is someone to throw him the dang ball..

Ya! He was doing his best AJ impression last week.... fumbling and all  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Hopkins

Tate

Phillips

Hubbard

Tupauo.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya! He was doing his best AJ impression last week.... fumbling and all  Ninja

This is true, but I don't hold an error against his entire body of work.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah about 5-6 guys have improved.

Tate and Hopkins. Although Hopkins was actually decent at C last year.

Wilson has been special on special teams.

The weirdest thing for me is Fej. Last year he played a decent bit on defense and looked good at times and above average at least. This year...he's relegated to special teams.

Watch him go to some team next year and become a decent starter.
Reply/Quote
Ross was showing signs of improving early, but then we all know what happened next...

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah about 5-6 guys have improved.

Tate and Hopkins. Although Hopkins was actually decent at C last year.

Wilson has been special on special teams.

The weirdest thing for me is Fej. Last year he played a decent bit on defense and looked good at times and above average at least. This year...he's relegated to special teams.

Watch him go to some team next year and become a decent starter.

I think we are going to find out that the ankle he badly sprained in week 1 has hampered him all season.  Playing special teams essential only requires north/south running.  Playing DB requires the ability to change direction

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Can't believe y'all are forgetting about Huber. Best Bengals this year. Granted the punter should NOT be the best player on your team but it is what it is.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tate for sure

There's several members on here with a serving of crow waiting.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Tate for sure

Can I serve it? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can't believe y'all are forgetting about Huber. Best Bengals this year. Granted the punter should NOT be the best player on your team but it is what it is.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Our snapper is pretty good too.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Can I serve it? Ninja

Yes sir 

With a glass of vinegar to wash it down.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes sir 

With a glass of vinegar to wash it down.

I noticed he was conspicuously absent from the OP. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson has become an impact returner and can make a play on defense as well.
Reply/Quote
Fejahlam just isn't rangy enough for a safety. Really tight and stiff in the hips. Can't change direction. Not the most physical safety either
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Tate for sure

I'm one, but only because we hype a late round receiver every year since medieval times and they almost never pan out.

Tate being semi-decent = I'll have to hear about Hingle McCringleberry from San Diego Tech every year for the forseeable future.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:58 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Fejahlam just isn't rangy enough for a safety. Really tight and stiff in the hips. Can't change direction. Not the most physical safety either

Fej is not psychical enough? Are we watching the same player?

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm one, but only because we hype a late round receiver every year since medieval times and they almost never pan out.

Tate being semi-decent = I'll have to hear about Hingle McCringleberry from San Diego Tech every year for the forseeable future.

Rep

Oh I fully agree about the very long list of way over hyped preseason heroes. Finley anybody ? And I was drinking that kool-aid.
Reply/Quote