Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Go Joe
(08-17-2021, 02:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am old enough to remember a time when Joe Burrow didn't need a good OL because he was so good he would make a bad OL better. He also didn't need great weapons because he would turn mediocre receivers into good ones and good ones into great ones.

Now he has his top pick WR to go along with his two other 1k WR candidates, and people don't want him to play football until his OL is solidified.

My how the times have changed since all those.... *Checks date.*....Months... ago.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Oh... you forgot to mention that pointing this out makes you negative, or a downer, or a casual fan.  Ninja Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He could be in there for 1 series just handing off the ball to Perine 3 plays in a row, then get him out.. just so he can get that "knee shock" out of his system.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 03:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he is healthy enough to play week 1 of the season, then yes I'm okay with him getting hurt in a meaningless game if that is what happens. I in no way want him to get hurt but he needs reps. He doesn't have to play long, but he certainly needs to get out there and face a defense that is going to challenge him and put real pressure on him especially coming off the injury. He needs to get hit and be okay with it because he is going to get hit across 17 games. I'd rather him get the jitters and rust off in a game that means nothing, then week one look tentative and struggle out to a 0-2 or 0-3 start. The schedule gets harder not easier for the Bengals, the last 9 weeks won't be fun.

Awful take. I don't care if he's 100% healthy. If he got hurt in the preseason, esp if the line is working out kinks, that is a disaster
Reply/Quote
I'm amazed you guys think a series or two is going to make a major difference. He's either ready or he's not. A couple of snaps one way or another is not going to affect that any way but negatively.
Reply/Quote
oh man

It's gonna be hilarious if this board turns on joe burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh man

Why would that be hilarious, do you hate the Bengals that much?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would that be hilarious, do you hate the Bengals that much?

it would be funny because it would show the absolute insanity of the posters that inhabit this board
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 03:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm amazed you guys think a series or two is going to make a major difference. He's either ready or he's not. A couple of snaps one way or another is not going to affect that any way but negatively.

The issue might be that most NFL QBs want to go out on the football field and play football.  Tom Brady could have sat out the pre-season, but he wants to be out there.  It isn't in the nature of an NFL caliber starting QB to enjoy sitting on his ass on a bench.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 11:37 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Him not playing in a meaningless game does not mean he’s not 100%.

The article referenced he was not at 100% so im going to go by the article since they should have more info than us
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 11:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he is 100%, and the decision has nothing to do with his health..... it's just being safe and putting him in for some game reps against Miami instead of WFT. Either way, with the way the line played in TB, he won't be under the same assault he was last year (hopefully) and he's going to be fine. He can get the ball out quick or hand it off until he gets his groove.

Well im responding to the article which seems to have a bit more information than we do, and it referenced he was not at 100% yet.. so i understand not putting him out there but if he continued to be less than 100% coming off surgery do we start him game 1 ?  I assume we would if we felt he was close enough
Reply/Quote
Palmer suffered a worse injury at a time when surgery wasn't as advanced as it is now, and he played the preseason. Not to mention he suffered the injury much later in the season than Burrow did.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 03:52 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Awful take. I don't care if he's 100% healthy. If he got hurt in the preseason, esp if the line is working out kinks, that is a disaster

So it's better to get hurt week 1 because he is jittery and nervous?

Seriously I said... I don't want him to get hurt at all but I'm not okay with him sitting out all preseason due to fear. If you are afraid of him getting hurt better bubble wrap him and have him retire or sit out till week 9. 

Tim Brady took snaps and he is more likely at age to get hurt then Burrow, also coming off surgery and without Brady Tampa is done. So how is it okay for the 40 year old and not the 20 year old?

And before the Cincy is screwed without Burrow chants start... the Bengals aren't a playoff team this year much less a Super Bowl favorite like Tampa. So again... if Brady can go so can Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I thought it was already announced some time ago that Burrow would not be playing in preseason games. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 06:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So it's better to get hurt week 1 because he is jittery and nervous?

When has this EVER happened? I generally curious
Reply/Quote
Fans just want to see Burrow out there on the field healthy. The coaches just want to protect their most valuable asset.

I just want him under center Sept. 12th in the Jungle lighting up the Vikings.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I just hope the decision doesn’t hurt the team come week 1 and he throws some weird ducks that turn into ints and pick 6s when a few drives in the preseason could have probably prevented that.

Assuming he can play right now
Reply/Quote
From a few weeks ago, quote from Mike Brown:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrow-unlikely-to-play-preseason-games-but-wont-be-placed-on-pup-list-for-start-of-camp/

Quote:"We probably aren't going to put him out there until we get to the season because we don't want to risk anything with him," Bengals owner and president Mike Brown said, via ESPN's Ben Baby. "But his effort rehabbing was A-plus."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 04:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh man

Why would they turn on Joe? I doubt it's his idea to not play
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 06:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So it's better to get hurt week 1 because he is jittery and nervous?

Seriously I said... I don't want him to get hurt at all but I'm not okay with him sitting out all preseason due to fear. If you are afraid of him getting hurt better bubble wrap him and have him retire or sit out till week 9. 

Tim Brady took snaps and he is more likely at age to get hurt then Burrow, also coming off surgery and without Brady Tampa is done. So how is it okay for the 40 year old and not the 20 year old?

And before the Cincy is screwed without Burrow chants start... the Bengals aren't a playoff team this year much less a Super Bowl favorite like Tampa. So again... if Brady can go so can Burrow.
I wouldn't be ok with him getting hurt in preseason and think a little rust or jitters is the lesser of two evils. 
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with him staying as far away from Washington as possible. Like 'Nam flashbacks.
Reply/Quote