Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
No Need for a #1 WR
Give Burrow two wide receivers in the #2 range plus a killer TE and I think you see something special.... money can go elsewhere
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:38 PM)maclanta Wrote: Eating the salary might be worth the draft capital...

But this would be near unthinkable for our front office

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJ is going nowhere this season, the organization would never disrespect him in that fashion.  What I think will happen?  Joe Burrow will continue to use the hell out of Boyd, continue to develop Higgins and Tate, and it seems like he's building some connectivity with Sample and Carter.  There will likely come a point in the season where AJ has a couple of really nice games, looking like his old self.  But that's about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: AJ is going nowhere this season, the organization would never disrespect him in that fashion.  What I think will happen?  Joe Burrow will continue to use the hell out of Boyd, continue to develop Higgins and Tate, and it seems like he's building some connectivity with Sample and Carter.  There will likely come a point in the season where AJ has a couple of really nice games, looking like his old self.  But that's about it.

So basically as your name suggests AJ will ride off into the sunset. 

Personally this year is a wash for me as long at the new guys get experience and show promise. I just don't want AJ signed to a long term contract when our QB doesn't target the man.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:53 PM)QueenCity Wrote: So basically as your name suggests AJ will ride off into the sunset. 

Personally this year is a wash for me as long at the new guys get experience and show promise. I just don't want AJ signed to a long term contract when our QB doesn't target the man.

Actually, Joe does target AJ, and that's been part of the problem with the offense.  AJ isn't catching balls that are typically routine grabs for him.

And, I've been SunsetBengal since waay before AJ Green was a Bengal.  It was a play on where I lived at the time, Sunset Beach NC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, Joe does target AJ, and that's been part of the problem with the offense.  AJ isn't catching balls that are typically routine grabs for him.

And, I've been SunsetBengal since waay before AJ Green was a Bengal.  It was a play on where I lived at the time, Sunset Beach NC.

The Sunset comment was tongue and cheek... 

Oh I know which is why I've been commenting that Green is washed. He's done as a #1 WR and he's never been the type to come down with tough receptions on the reg. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The Sunset comment was tongue and cheek... 

Oh I know which is why I've been commenting that Green is washed. He's done as a #1 WR and he's never been the type to come down with tough receptions on the reg. 

Aside from a few plays in playoff games, that statement couldn't be further from the truth.  AJ has always been clutch, reaching up and making improbable grabs with guys about to blast him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aside from a few plays in playoff games, that statement couldn't be further from the truth.  AJ has always been clutch, reaching up and making improbable grabs with guys about to blast him.

Yes I know... recency bias is getting to me. 

I'll throw my cards out there... I hate paying for past their prime players in any sport. 

Don't get me wrong I love AJ and would love for him to retire a Bengal but he isn't showing me right now that he is Larry Fitzgerald. 
Reply/Quote
JB needs weapons not a single superstar. He has that IT factor and the ability to spread the ball around that great qbs have. The ability to make an average wr a great wr like a Brady, Rodgers, ect... Not saying he is in their league yet but he has the same special ability to make weapons out of guys like they have done.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: AJ is going nowhere this season, the organization would never disrespect him in that fashion.  What I think will happen?  Joe Burrow will continue to use the hell out of Boyd, continue to develop Higgins and Tate, and it seems like he's building some connectivity with Sample and Carter.  There will likely come a point in the season where AJ has a couple of really nice games, looking like his old self.  But that's about it.

If nothing else, it is worth AJ being here to help show Higgins and other rookies how to prepare at the NFL level as far as the work ethic required.  The man was still voted to be a Captain by his peers.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If nothing else, it is worth AJ being here to help show Higgins and other rookies how to prepare at the NFL level as far as the work ethic required.  The man was still voted to be a Captain by his peers.

I love AJ Green. He's been nothing but the epitome of a professional since we drafted him. Ts, if GB ( Adams will be healthy soon), or Nola ( Thomas will be healthy soon) wants to eat that salary and trade, it's time to pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
The bengals spent 8 years having to try to Build the perfect offense around Andy to elevate him to mediocrity.

Now they have a qb who can elevate the offense on His own.

It’s great
Reply/Quote

A lot of people wonder why Cethan Carter is even on the team but that dude has a set of hands on him. It's mostly been preseason, in the past, but he always produces when you throw to him. The catch he had today was all hands (on the move) and it was niiice. I didn't see anyone comment on it. 

I don't know if he'll ever be more than a complimentary piece/special teams guy, but he has a chance with Uzo out to make a little noise if given the chance. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote