Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Tez at Practice
According to Hobspin no Tez today at practice. And Marv gave one of his sarcastic player injury-related answers...."we don't talk about people not on the roster, blah, blah, blah".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 02:20 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: According to Hobspin no Tez today at practice.  And Marv gave one of his sarcastic player injury-related answers...."we don't talk about people not on the roster, blah, blah, blah".

Yup... Typical Marvin..    Hopefully Rey and Rey M. will ramp it up this game. 
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it. Might have been a vulnerability out there this week anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 02:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm fine with it.  Might have been a vulnerability out there this week anyway.

Same, i want him ready when he gets out there.
Reply/Quote
Rather him be 100% than risk it.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 02:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Rather him be 100% than risk it.

Yes....for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We've waited this long whats another week or so, lets make sure he's 100% healthy!

After all we will be playing through February!
Pervert
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I would like to see limited action from Burfict at the Steelers game. I don't want to rush him, so if he isn't ready, I don't mind benching him against a division rival that is known for taking cheap shots at our players.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 02:20 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: According to Hobspin no Tez today at practice. And Marv gave one of his sarcastic player injury-related answers...."we don't talk about people not on the roster, blah, blah, blah".

what do you want from marvin? He said Burfict will be ready when hes ready.
Reply/Quote
It is a little concerning. Marv said it was a tough decision to even put him on the PUP. Now, he's not even practicing when he's eligible to. Hope he's back in the next couple weeks.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
It's not concerning. Why do people think he's gonna be out there day 1 he is eligible? The team is freaking 6-0...this is the Bengals...it's not happening. I'm not the only one who has said it...we're lucky if he takes a real snap by week 11 or 12. There's simply no rush and if he was 100% and ready to be where he was, we would've heard something by now.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:12 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It's not concerning.  Why do people think he's gonna be out there day 1 he is eligible?  The team is freaking 6-0...this is the Bengals...it's not happening.  I'm not the only one who has said it...we're lucky if he takes a real snap by week 11 or 12.  There's simply no rush and if he was 100% and ready to be where he was, we would've heard something by now.

The record shouldn't have anything to do with it. We could put the steelers so far in the hole with a W this week that if he was able to, he should most definitely play.  And the concerning part is just what I said before your post. It was talked about like he'd no doubt be 100% by the time this week rolled around, but he's not even practicing with the team.

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
He's not playing this season fellas.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have said this all year - he wont return until 2016 season

Mark my words
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:20 PM)jason Wrote: He's not playing this season fellas.

(10-26-2015, 05:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: I have said this all year - he wont return until 2016 season

Mark my words

That would be a big bummer and I hope your both wrong. The LB's are easily the weakest spot on this team.  Like to see Dawson get some more reps either way.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:17 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: The record shouldn't have anything to do with it. We could put the steelers so far in the hole with a W this week that if he was able to, he should most definitely play.  And the concerning part is just what I said before your post. It was talked about like he'd no doubt be 100% by the time this week rolled around, but he's not even practicing with the team.

It "shouldn't." But don't think for a second it doesn't. We all can see that LB is an area of need, but again, this is the Bengals. A team who has always been deceptive and very elusive when it comes to injury questions. If Burfict was "100%", we would've heard something already. It has been so quiet on that front, I just don't see anything happening for a month.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:24 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: That would be a big bummer and I hope your both wrong. The LB's are easily the weakest spot on this team.  Like to see Dawson get some more reps either way.

If he had that surgery in January, he won't.  If it was sooner, then he might.  I doubt he will resemble himself til next year, if he does.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: I have said this all year - he wont return until 2016 season

Mark my words

And even if he does play he won't be 100%
Reply/Quote
Agreed. I'm hopefully he plays, even at 80%, because his emotion and leadership is desperately needed in the middle of the field. He is the field general on that D. However, I think maybe 80% and a late season spark is the best we can hopeful. People don't realize just how serious his injury and procedure was.
Reply/Quote
When they brought in AJ Hawk and drafted Dawson, I thought there was a real chance Burfict may not play this season or perhaps ever again. He had a very serious knee injury followed by a medical procedure that may or may not help him return. I think it was wise to for Marvin to prepare as if Burfict was lost for good.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect him back, but if he does return, it just makes the team that much better.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote