Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Way Zac Is Going Anywhere But They Better Show Lou The Door
Zac has definitely sealed himself a 3rd year as head coach in Cincy with todays back to back wins, but Lou HAS to go this offseason. With a good DC and some pieces back this offseason and some good pickups the defense can definitely turn it around, but if Lou is still here you can forget it.

David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson? Watson threw for 324 yards and the team averaged 9.6 yards per play. The defense can do better than what we've seen in 2020 and with a seasoned defensive coordinator can make the changes we need to win.

I hope Zac realizes part of being a HC is holding his coaches accountable. Get a good guy in there to lead the defense for 2021.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Zac has definitely sealed himself a 3rd year as head coach in Cincy with todays back to back wins, but Lou HAS to go this offseason. With a good DC and some pieces back this offseason and some good pickups the defense can definitely turn it around, but if Lou is still here you can forget it.

David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson? Watson threw for 324 yards and the team averaged 9.6 yards per play. The defense can do better than what we've seen in 2020 and with a seasoned defensive coordinator can make the changes we need to win.

I hope Zac realizes part of being a HC is holding his coaches accountable. Get a good guy in there to lead the defense for 2021.

I think the entire staff needs shitcanned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson? 

David Johnson was easily a top 5 running back just a few years ago.  At his peak he made Joe Mixon look like dog shit.  He had a year with 2,100 total yards and 20 total touchdowns.

He's battled a slew of different injuries these past couple years.  A lot of people were hoping he'd return to form (hence the trade of Hopkins for Johnson and a higher pick)

He hasn't looked himself in awhile, but he's definitely no bum either.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: David Johnson was easily a top 5 running back just a few years ago.  At his peak he made Joe Mixon look like dog shit.  He had a year with 2,100 total yards and 20 total touchdowns.

He's battled a slew of different injuries these past couple years.  A lot of people were hoping he'd return to form (hence the trade of Hopkins for Johnson and a higher pick)

He hasn't looked himself in awhile, but he's definitely no bum either.  

2016, which is like 1986 in NFL years and 1886 in NFL RB years. Lol

Dude's averaged 44.7 rushing yards per game at 3.7 YPC since then.

To give you an idea of how long ago in RB years that was... Jordan Howard, DeMarco Murray, and Jay Ajayi were 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the NFL in rushing yards that year. 2 of those guys aren't even in the NFL anymore and 1 of them is floating on Practice Squads.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can’t blame Lou entirely. He just doesn’t have the players right now. Sims, Bledsoe, Bailey, ADG... these guys are liabilities out there.

When WJ3 went down, the defense started to get picked apart. It shouldn’t be too surprising either. We are down two starting corners and depth is terrible after Phillips.

As for run D. He lost Atkins and Reader to injury for pretty much the entire season. He has a ragtag group of LBs who have played OK at times, but aren’t game changers by any stretch.

Lou also can’t tackle...

So... yes, the defense is horrid at times, but I can’t blame that all completely on Lou. He needs help.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Zac has definitely sealed himself a 3rd year as head coach in Cincy with todays back to back wins, but Lou HAS to go this offseason. With a good DC and some pieces back this offseason and some good pickups the defense can definitely turn it around, but if Lou is still here you can forget it.

David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson?  Watson threw for 324 yards and the team averaged 9.6 yards per play. The defense can do better than what we've seen in 2020 and with a seasoned defensive coordinator can make the changes we need to win.

I can't believe 6 wins in 2 years guarantees a coach anything but being shown the door... RIDICULOUS ... 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I can't believe 6 wins in 2 years guarantees a coach anything but being shown the door... RIDICULOUS ... 

You do know we're talking bout Cincinnati? 
Reply/Quote
Eh...if they keep Zac, keep Lou too.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eh...if they keep Zac, keep Lou too.

Two wrongs don't make a right  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I can't believe 6 wins in 2 years guarantees a coach anything but being shown the door... RIDICULOUS ... 

I get it, I really do. But I think we both know that's not going to happen. So now what?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I get it, I really do. But I think we both know that's not going to happen. So now what?

a year of 6-10 in 2021 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: a year of 6-10 in 2021 

Possibly. I won't argue with that one at all.

Reply/Quote
Taylor was going to stay, regardless, I believe.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
We have to take what we are given. We can’t change the owner. Zac for president. We got him at least 2 more years. So we might as well back him. Hold on it’s going to be a bumpy ride. must say atleast the last two week have been fun
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think the entire staff needs shitcanned.

Yeah, I'm still in the dump Taylor and his pals camp. Keeping them for another year just prolongs the agony and the inevitable.

These coaches still can't catch up to a bad Marvin year, let along having an actual good year.

Next year will be just like this year, which was basically just like last year, a string of losses accompany by a string of excuses. Then they'll figure out a few things, get a couple of garbage time wins and the usual suspects will be around saying they just need another year.

This whole crew should have been dumped last season. Now we have two really shitty ass seasons in a row.

Reply/Quote
The thing of it is that the D looked good on Monday night. Some said it’s because Ben is done but he didnt look done today coming back to beat the Colts.

I think we may see one coordinator or position coach change but that’s it.
Reply/Quote

David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson?  Watson threw for 324 yards and the team averaged 9.6 yards per play. The defense can do better than what we've seen in 2020 and with a seasoned defensive coordinator can make the changes we need to win.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. (I think we need to gut the whole staff) But if Gio ran for 128 yards we wouldn't be talking about how the opposing D coordinator needs fired because Gio is a scrub. 

Gio and Johnsons are literally almost the exact same player. For their careers they have the exact same amount of carries (902) and Gio has 18 more yards  than Johnson (3625 compared to 3607)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not necessarily disagreeing. (I think we need to gut the whole staff) But if Gio ran for 128 yards we wouldn't be talking about how the opposing D coordinator needs fired because Gio is a scrub. 

Gio and Johnsons are literally almost the exact same player. For their careers they have the exact same amount of carries (902) and Gio has 18 more yards  than Johnson (3625 compared to 3607)

I wasn’t saying dump Lou from one game, look at everything he’s done in Cincy as DC. That should be enough to say fire him. Houston already fired their head coach and will see complete coaching changes next year. That’s your biggest difference.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:19 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The thing of it is that the D looked good on Monday night. Some said it’s because Ben is done but he didnt look done today coming back to beat the Colts.

I think we may see one coordinator or position coach change but that’s it.

The defense didn't start looking bad until Willow got injured. Sims just can't cut it and needs replaced.
Reply/Quote