Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
No suspension for Burfict, but possible fine(s) will be handed down.
Big baby
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 05:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Now drama queen Pig Pen is crying that big mean old Burfict threatened JuJu by pointing at him and saying, "You're next."  Pig Pen continued by saying, "How do you allow that stuff?"

Well Ben had nothing to say about Mitchell saying the same thing to A.J. Green a few years ago, or the hits his teammates have made on Rivers, Huber, Gio and Tez.

And Brown simply voiced, "Karma" when Smith-Schuster hammered Tez last season.

I get that you don't want to throw your teammates under the bus, but to whine about allowing "that stuff" is totally absurd.

Not that I endorse that stuff.   I was pissed off at Burfict during the game.   He, along with Williams took every opportunity to cheap shot the Steelers he could.  He didn't really seem focused on football, he seemed focused on revenge.

Such a great football player.   Wish he'd just play football.  
Reply/Quote
How is pointing at another player and saying "you're next?" a crime? Next to get tackled? Cool!

Big Ben is a baby trying to stir the pot so the league steps in.
Reply/Quote
I don't have to support Burfict just because he's a Bengal. There's no excuse for plays like that one on Brown. It was obvious he was intentionally trying to injure the guy. Dumb, and it always comes back to bite the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are the biggest bunch of fake tough guy crybabies I’ve ever seen in sports. They’ve been dishing it out for years and don’t want to take their own medicine.

Tez telling JuJu you’re next reminds me of one of my favorite hockey players ever-the great Scott Stevens.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=8d8c03585bc658ac315a72764d6f1f3e]

Reply/Quote
First I hate Pitt more than almost anything. But damn, why did Burfict even do what he did. Of course it's just a graze, that's not the point. The point is he tried so wtf was he thinking. He had to know they would be looking for any excuse to kick him out of the game. Now they still want to get him for something, but to be honest there was no reason for him to do what he did. If this was Mike Mitchell we would all agree that he was trying to take the guys head off and whiffed. That exactly what I see here. Burfict has to be smarter than this.

I know he gets a bad wrap for just being who he is but he brought that in himself. I just don't get why so many defend the guy that crushed our playoff hopes. He can still be a good player and also be an asshole. It's ok.
Reply/Quote
He’s been doing this forever and I for one love it.....especially against the Steelers

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I hate Pitt more than almost anything. But damn, why did Burfict even do what he did. Of course it's just a graze, that's not the point. The point is he tried so wtf was he thinking. He had to know they would be looking for any excuse to kick him out of the game. Now they still want to get him for something, but to be honest there was no reason for him to do what he did. If this was Mike Mitchell we would all agree that he was trying to take the guys head off and whiffed. That exactly what I see here. Burfict has to be smarter than this.

I know he gets a bad wrap for just being who he is but he brought that in himself. I just don't get why so many defend the guy that crushed our playoff hopes. He can still be a good player and also be an asshole. It's ok.

Because he was the reason we had the hope in the first place?

And Jeremy Hill is why we lost. But who even cares at this point? It’s ancient history, let it go.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I hate Pitt more than almost anything. But damn, why did Burfict even do what he did. Of course it's just a graze, that's not the point. The point is he tried so wtf was he thinking. He had to know they would be looking for any excuse to kick him out of the game. Now they still want to get him for something, but to be honest there was no reason for him to do what he did. If this was Mike Mitchell we would all agree that he was trying to take the guys head off and whiffed. That exactly what I see here. Burfict has to be smarter than this.

the most IGNORANT part of a post ever!!!

Reply/Quote
I love how 90% of the comments on the PFT story are anti-Steelers and making fun of Ben. It's great. Especially on a site as pro-Steelers as PFT.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/16/ben-roethlisberger-says-vontaze-burfict-threatened-juju-smith-schuster/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Btw...don't think for a second that all the talk coming from the Steelers over the last 3 years isn't intentional. I think it's very calculated. I'd say the reasons they won't shut up about Burfict are (a) it keeps his name in the headlines, increasing the NFL's attention on Burfict, and raising the likelihood that he'll get suspended and (b) it tweaks Burfict and our other players, raising the chances that one of our players will lose their cool and retaliate.

The problem for us is that the Steelers are viewed as one of the more prestigious franchises in the NFL, and they KNOW this and use it to their full advantage. They can get away with the chippy stuff, due to their standing in the league, as well as the fact that they deploy so many different players to do dirty work. On the flip side, no one cares about the Bengals and we have one guy doing all the chippy stuff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:30 PM)RASCAL Wrote: the most IGNORANT part of a post ever!!!

Really! We are seconds away from our first playoff win in a quarter century and Burfict lays Brown out. What part don't you understand.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 12:36 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Really! We are seconds away from our first playoff win in a quarter century and Burfict lays Brown out. What part don't you understand.

Pittsburgh had the ball needing only a FG to win. Gimpy armed Ben or not they were winning that game once Hill fumbled. We’ve seen that show a million times.

And again, who even cares anymore? We weren’t going on a run anyway with McCarron at QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 08:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s funny that everyone who looks at it whines about Burfucts brush and not Bates.  Neither was illegal, but one was a lot more violent, and correct. If anything hurt Bates it’s his collision with Brown.

Exactly.  It's very clear from that clip that any injury to Brown was caused by Bates' hit. It's also very clear that Brown was a runner and neither player made contact with the crown of the helmet.  So it's a perfectly legal play and supposed Bengal fans who are adding to the Steeler media echo chamber on this should just go buy Steeler jerseys and GTFO.
Reply/Quote
I truely think Burfict has some type of mental illness

Not being funny at all
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:25 AM)Housh Wrote: I truely think Burfict has some type of mental illness

Not being funny at all

If that were the case, I'd think it'd carry over off the field. From all reports, he's a perfect gentleman off the field.

He just plays like a Steeler.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:25 AM)Housh Wrote: I truely think Burfict has some type of mental illness

Not being funny at all

Only in Bengal fandom are aggressiveness and will to win considered a mental illness.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 02:56 AM)Roland Wrote: Only in Bengal fandom are aggressiveness and will to win considered a mental illness.

Only in Bengal fandom do we seriously have to be sitting here talking about a guy doing the same shit for 8 years and still having a job with us
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 03:19 AM)Housh Wrote: Only in Bengal fandom do we seriously have to be sitting here talking about a guy doing the same shit for 8 years and still having a job with us

Because he’s not still doing the same shit. If he was the league would make sure he never steps on the field.

Reply/Quote
In squeelerworld that hit was a love tap in comparison.. Guys get big time injuries every single week and they've probably intentionally injured more players than any single team of the past 40 years and yet OUR enforcer is the big baddy and Ben has to go cry to big daddy Roger.. Just imagine had they lost the game instead. They'd be curled up in the fetal position and never make it back to the practice field for the week. I can pretty much guarantee that if VB is still playing the next game they'll be targetting him for serious injury and call it mere karma. Maybe Roger will go to Pittsburgh this week to use the vibrator on Ben.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote