Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody is picking us to win
This team should really be motivated this week. They are underdogs to a hated division rival who is winless and whom we have a winning streak against. The opposing coach has made condescending comments to media, blatently trying to puff up our egos going into the game. There are power rankings out there with the Steelers rated ahead of us, although their one win was a gimme at home. The Ravens are being picked to win by everybody not named Pete Prisco.

The next five games are brutal, and I think we need to go 3-2 at least to be where we want to be. Baltimore has got to be very confident going into their home opener. But it's like Mike Tyson said: Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Well it's time to do just that.

Let Geno loose this game. Send him up the middle and wreck the passing game early, so that they have no attempt to establish rhythm on offense.

Run power with an irate Jeremy Hill. Let him run all over the field ripping up a Suggs-less defense. Bomb it to A.J. Green when they least expect it.

Now's the time to put out foot on the throats of our division foes. I can see Pitt losing to St. Louis and the Browns are always capable of losing any week. 3-0 is a good start, but we have a tough schedule ahead. If being an underdog to a winless division rivals while looking impressive at 2-0 yourselves isn't motivation then I don't know what is.

Don't let us down this week boys. I ***** hate the Ravens.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is not true at all.  I have read a couple articles that have the Bengals picked over the Ravens.  I watched Inside the NFL last night where both Phil Simms and Boomer picked the Bengals, with Michael Irvin agreeing. 
Reply/Quote
I am kind of surprised that the talking heads aren't at least 50/50 Bengals/Ravens but in the end it makes absolutely no difference.

I truly think the Bengals are simply a much better team than the Ravens and that should be obvious by Sunday evening.
Reply/Quote
We just got to prove them wrong then. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:53 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: This team should really be motivated this week. They are underdogs to a hated division rival who is winless and whom we have a winning streak against. The opposing coach has made condescending comments to media, blatently trying to puff up our egos going into the game. There are power rankings out there with the Steelers rated ahead of us, although their one win was a gimme at home. The Ravens are being picked to win by everybody not named Pete Prisco.

The next five games are brutal, and I think we need to go 3-2 at least to be where we want to be. Baltimore has got to be very confident going into their home opener. But it's like Mike Tyson said: Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Well it's time to do just that.

Let Geno loose this game. Send him up the middle and wreck the passing game early, so that they have no attempt to establish rhythm on offense.

Run power with an irate Jeremy Hill. Let him run all over the field ripping up a Suggs-less defense. Bomb it to A.J. Green when they least expect it.

Now's the time to put out foot on the throats of our division foes. I can see Pitt losing to St. Louis and the Browns are always capable of losing any week. 3-0 is a good start, but we have a tough schedule ahead. If being an underdog to a winless division rivals while looking impressive at 2-0 yourselves isn't motivation then I don't know what is.

I was listening to some guy with the Ravens,it was on the inside the jungle podcast,who said they were having problems at OG,so Atkins should be able to  have a good game. 
Reply/Quote
I hope no one does pick Bengals to win.. I don't want the over confidence happening from every one... just me!!

in my pool I run in my office, lot more people are picking Bengals than I'm comfortable with.. I pick them every week no matter what.
Reply/Quote
It's the Ravens opener, they are out for blood after their 0-2 start. The environment will be as hostile as ever. We should win, but it will still be considered an upset as it should be. That stadium is a tough place to play. We'll have to match their energy, and that means we'll have to bring a certain level of energy for 3 straight home owners. That's a lot to ask for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:53 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: This team should really be motivated this week. They are underdogs to a hated division rival who is winless and whom we have a winning streak against. The opposing coach has made condescending comments to media, blatently trying to puff up our egos going into the game. There are power rankings out there with the Steelers rated ahead of us, although their one win was a gimme at home. The Ravens are being picked to win by everybody not named Pete Prisco.

Are you saying Marvin doesn't let Geno loose in any games?
Reply/Quote
We are the better team, but were not above laying an egg on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
We aren't going to win them all and the Ravens aren't going to lose them all. It's a division game in Baltimore SO it's not absurd to think the Ravens can pull this off and save their season. While the Bengals are on a hot streak against the Ravens they haven't posted a winning record within the AFC North since 2009 so I expect the Bengals to win BUT I wouldn't be too amazed if they didn't.
Reply/Quote
This is the classical "trap" game.

Remember this is the home opener for the Ravens so they will be playing with a little extra edge Sunday. The key will be to get the crowd out of it early.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are aware this is going to be a big game. I've seen articles where Kirkpatrick was talking about going into a hostile environment and that the Ravens will be giving it all they got, but so will the Bengals.

I don't view this as a trap game, but rather a divisional game. Divisional games are way different than trap games. It's the first AFC North battle this year and it'll help set the tone for both teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 04:36 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Bengals are aware this is going to be a big game. I've seen articles where Kirkpatrick was talking about going into a hostile environment and that the Ravens will be giving it all they got, but so will the Bengals.

I don't view this as a trap game, but rather a divisional game. Divisional games are way different than trap games. It's the first AFC North battle this year and it'll help set the tone for both teams.

Yeah, I don't consider this a "trap" game at all.  A trap game would have been losing to Oakland.  This is going on the road, in the division, to a traditional power house team who has lost two close games.  Much, much different.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 04:36 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Bengals are aware this is going to be a big game. I've seen articles where Kirkpatrick was talking about going into a hostile environment and that the Ravens will be giving it all they got, but so will the Bengals.

No way is this team overlooking the Ravens for the Chiefs.  If anything this game matters more than that one does.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 04:39 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Yeah, I don't consider this a "trap" game at all.  A trap game would have been losing to Oakland.  This is going on the road, in the division, to a traditional power house team who has lost two close games.  Much, much different.

Very different. The Bengals already know they're going to be in for a battle. Happens every year. Ravens might go in desperation mode.

(09-24-2015, 04:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: No way is this team overlooking the Ravens for the Chiefs.  If anything this game matters more than that one does.  

I can agree with that. This is a divisional game that can put you 3 games ahead if you win.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 02:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's the Ravens opener, they are out for blood after their 0-2 start. The environment will be as hostile as ever. We should win, but it will still be considered an upset as it should be. That stadium is a tough place to play. We'll have to match their energy, and that means we'll have to bring a certain level of energy for 3 straight home owners. That's a lot to ask for.

To me, that's the thing. Home fans are going to be pumped. If we get an early lead, though, that's going to drop like a rock.
Reply/Quote
I know I sound like an ignorant-biased fan here, but I think we are going to throttle the Ravens.

Hear me out:

1. Our team is way better. WAY better. Like at every position (except coach and QB, and QB is even debatable.)

2. I think the Bengals want this one probably even more than Baltimore. They know this is their chance, not only to gain a huge advantage in the division, but to stake their claim on the NFL's elite landscape. I would be shocked if we lay an egg here.

3. We will get to Flacco. Atkins is an unstoppable force, Dunlap is killing it, plus we know Baltimore.

4. We just flat out matchup with them better than almost anyone in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 01:02 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am kind of surprised that the talking heads aren't at least 50/50 Bengals/Ravens but in the end it makes absolutely no difference.

I truly think the Bengals are simply a much better team than the Ravens and that should be obvious by Sunday evening.

Those same talking heads will make excuses for why the Ravens lost. We'll get no credit for beating them.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I actually have seen quite a few so called experts picking us to beat the Ravens. However, to be honest it does not matter if they pick us to win or not. As long as the Bengals go out and do what they have been doing the past two weeks they should win. The Ravens game will be tough however. I hope the Bengals stay hungry and do not think that this will be easy because it is always tough with them no matter at home or in Baltimore. As for the Steelers, all media is in love with them because of their offense and they are all in love with Leveon Bell and they feel that once he plays the Steelers will be unstoppable. However, they are only predictions because last time I checked, you actually have to play the game first, so predictions mean absolutely nothing like rankings. I don't care what our ranking is now because it has no affect on how the team plays and they only really matter at the end of the season. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 05:30 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I know I sound like an ignorant-biased fan here, but I think we are going to throttle the Ravens.

Hear me out:

1. Our team is way better. WAY better. Like at every position (except coach and QB, and QB is even debatable.)

2. I think the Bengals want this one probably even more than Baltimore. They know this is their chance, not only to gain a huge advantage in the division, but to stake their claim on the NFL's elite landscape. I would be shocked if we lay an egg here.

3. We will get to Flacco. Atkins is an unstoppable force, Dunlap is killing it, plus we know Baltimore.

4. We just flat out matchup with them better than almost anyone in the league.

My only problem with the bolded is if Cincy pulls the "play not to lose" game plan they've been known to do during games like this.  When they always "play not to lose", they almost always lose......
Reply/Quote