Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Even in the Same Galaxy
(01-23-2017, 02:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's not making much. Think like 8 million? Could be wrong. And yeah now it came out that facebook told him to do a locker room one and he did. Teammates can't be happy. 

I don't know how it is for you, but I only made around 50K in 2016.  To me, 8M seems like a lot of money..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: But your missing the point. Another great thing about coaching? Adjustments. We don't have it.

That's because they don't exist.  Journalistic jargon, remember?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Freeney, Sanu, Mack......but hey, we didn't need Mack, we had Piano Man's protege at C!

Lol we had Sanu, could have signed Freeney as well..
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lol we had Sanu, could have signed Freeney as well..

Yup.  Sanu isn't a world beater, but he was a nice complementary piece that helped propel them to the SB.  He's exactly the type of FA we don't pursue.  Young, and in his prime.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why can't Cincinnati make the Steelers look like a third string peewee team like the Patriots are doing right now? New England is tearing the Pittsburgh defense a new one and making it look easy.  Tom Brady has as much time to throw as he wants.  

On defense the Patriots are playing nickel on every play and stuffing LeVeon Bell at the line no matter how patient he is.  It's almost like their linebackers match Bell's timing into each gap.

Coaching wins championships....

Yep.  the answer is coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know how it is for you, but I only made around 50K in 2016.  To me, 8M seems like a lot of money..

About half for me..... but as far as top 3 or 4 receivers go he isn't in the top as far as paid. Aj makes like 15 mill or something.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: About half for me..... but as far as top 3 or 4 receivers go he isn't in the top as far as paid. Aj makes like 15 mill or something.

I guess my point was to show that whatever he makes, is a fortune compared to average Joes like you and I.  The least that he can do is be loyal to his team and their policies.  If he keeps up with stupid antics like posting live from inside the locker room, he may never catch up to guys like AJ Green, when it comes to contract value.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget Piano Man vs Dante Scarnecchia.....the Pats o line put on a clinic.  O line coaches around the league show our game film as an example of how NOT to play up front.  Brady had ALL DAY back there....our QBs don't get a quarter of that time.

On the 6 second, Brady roll-out TD, I noticed that the offensive line basically all turned their men inside...at each other.  It created a sort of rugby-scrum.  I was thinking about it and if a defensive lineman is backed in to other linemen, they can't get low, get leverage, or get around their blocker.  

It seemed almost overly simplistic, but it worked.  And I saw Atlanta do the exact same thing several times....all linemen angled their rusher to the inside.  I doubt any of our coaches watch the games and adapt things they see (when was the last time a Bengal ran a "rub route"?) but I loved the idea and, more importantly, how much time it afforded the QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Freeney, Sanu, Mack......but hey, we didn't need Mack, we had Piano Man's protege at C!

Wyche is the witch hunt!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On the 6 second, Brady roll-out TD, I noticed that the offensive line basically all turned their men inside...at each other.  It created a sort of rugby-scrum.  I was thinking about it and if a defensive lineman is backed in to other linemen, they can't get low, get leverage, or get around their blocker.  

It seemed almost overly simplistic, but it worked.  And I saw Atlanta do the exact same thing several times....all linemen angled their rusher to the inside.  I doubt any of our coaches watch the games and adapt things they see (when was the last time a Bengal ran a "rub route"?) but I loved the idea and, more importantly, how much time it afforded the QB.

Paul Brown invented that technique over sixty years ago in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 08:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Brown invented that technique over sixty years ago in Cleveland.

He got the idea after playing Electric Football.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:33 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This is the equivalent to saying Montana isn't the best because he had Rice. You can't penalize a guy for his environment. Oh and they missed the playoffs with Cassel. If the Patriots win the super bowl this year there will no longer be an argument. Brady will be the unquestioned GOAT. Personally, I think he already is, but I can see counter arguments.

GOAT??? No...not even remotely close.

Brady is damn good, but he plays in an era that favors offense completely and inflates the numbers. When does Brady look bad? When he is getting hit and knocked down a lot and not getting calls.

If Brady played in the 80's or 90's he'd be a 5th round washout who couldn't cut it because the game was too tough for him. He plays in an era where no one can touch him and no one can touch his receiver after 5 yards.

If you placed Joe Montana in the situation Brady is in, with the current NFL rules, no QB ever gets near his numbers and records. The guys who did it when their WR's were getting smoked going across the middle and the guys who had to pick themselves up after every play cause a DL or LB dropped them after the pass, those guys were amazing, and the guys playing now, just wouldn't survive it. 

If you want to call Brady the best of his era, then by all means that is fine, and it's probably accurate but you can't compare him to anyone who played football when you were actually allowed to hit guys. It's a different game and it favors the QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote