Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not having Reiff at RT isn't being talked about enough
Isiah Prince vs. Maxx Crosby is going to be the absolute biggest matchup in our playoff game against the Raiders. It can literally become a game wrecker if Prince doesn't play well or we can't contain Crosby.

Not having Reiff for this game is huge, not just because he's a better overall player than Prince...but because he's seen Crosby and blocked against him earlier this season. He knows his repertoire of moves and has game reps against him.

I for one am worried about this matchup. Crosby did a lot of damage against us the first time we played the Raiders.

Below is a great review of Maxx Crosby and what the Bengals can do to game plan around him:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-how-bengals-can-slow-down-maxx-crosby?utm_source=reddit.com

Crosby is giving me anxiety this week.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The only good thing is Reiff was pretty bad in that game and we still won.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only good thing is Reiff was pretty bad in that game and we still won.

Holy crap that is bad. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Holy crap that is bad. 

Very important to get the run going n this game and not play from behind.  Crosby feasted on SD because they were in catch up mode and throwing basically every play.
Reply/Quote
What is already understood, need not be discussed. As in, we all know that Prince is a terrible option at Tackle, but what exactly can the Bengals do about it? Sure, they can seriously handicap the ability to utilize the entire playbook by keeping a TE in to assist Prince, but do they really want to do that?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reiff being out is very problematic, yet nothing can be done at this point except scheme around Crosby and make him work extra hard from the get go.

Not sure the Bengals can even count on Reiff as RT next season but still would like to re-sign him if affordable.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is already understood, need not be discussed.  As in, we all know that Prince is a terrible option at Tackle, but what exactly can the Bengals do about it?  Sure, they can seriously handicap the ability to utilize the entire playbook by keeping a TE in to assist Prince, but do they really want to do that?

I would argue that yes, yes they do. 
Reply/Quote
Reiff got DESTROYED by Crosby. I suspect that’s why the Bengals were running the ball so much.

They knew Reiff couldn’t match up. Now we’re putting Reiff’s back up in

scary
Reply/Quote
Of course Hendrickson should be a thorn in Carr's side as well to help equal things out.

Carr may still be having nightmares from the strip sack that helped seal the game in regular season even.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Reiff got DESTROYED by Crosby. I suspect that’s why the Bengals were running the ball so much.

They knew Reiff couldn’t match up. Now we’re putting Reiff’s back up in

scary

Maybe Prince will match up better for speed?‍♂️
Reply/Quote
We'll be giving Prince help. Promise that.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Johnson is a better option?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe Johnson is a better option?

That was my thought. But the coaches have got us this far so I'll trust they know the better option. If Prince has issues I guess they can try Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:01 PM)Mer Wrote: That was my thought. But the coaches have got us this far so I'll trust they know the better option. If Prince has issues I guess they can try Johnson.

I think Johnson is the best option, but if they start Prince so be it. Either way they are going to have to put Sample or Uzo on the right side as well to help contain him. That, or go the whole game with 6 linemen.
Reply/Quote
Personally I would start Fred Johnson over Prince cause yeah, this is our weakness at RT. Prince has played better as the
season has went on but that isn't saying much. At least Fred Johnson had a very good game against the Broncos. Gonna
have to chip Crosby with TE's and RB's regardless to help out.

Hopefully Hendrickson has a great game for our D which negates some of what Crosby will do to Prince or FJ.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Isiah Prince vs. Maxx Crosby is going to be the absolute biggest matchup in our playoff game against the Raiders. It can literally become a game wrecker if Prince doesn't play well or we can't contain Crosby.

Not having Reiff for this game is huge, not just because he's a better overall player than Prince...but because he's seen Crosby and blocked against him earlier this season. He knows his repertoire of moves and has game reps against him.

I for one am worried about this matchup. Crosby did a lot of damage against us the first time we played the Raiders.

Below is a great review of Maxx Crosby and what the Bengals can do to game plan around him:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-how-bengals-can-slow-down-maxx-crosby?utm_source=reddit.com

Crosby is giving me anxiety this week.

[Image: 834e6199f3f201741ff7ec952853040a.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is being discussed to death on Twitter, Strawberry Ice's, Bengal Jim's and Tigress Talk's shows and LockedOn spent a good 15 minutes on Crosby last night.

We are MORE than aware, even if the useless Nat'l media is clueless.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Do we see the offensive gameplan change drastically from the previous matchup in Las Vegas? I don’t.

The only thing new might be moving Jamarr around the field. Giving him some snaps in the slot
Reply/Quote
How about a new wrinkle... Hakeem Adeniji was terrible at picking up twists by Clowney in week 18.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is being discussed to death on Twitter, Strawberry Ice's, Bengal Jim's and Tigress Talk's shows and LockedOn spent a good 15 minutes on Crosby last night.

We are MORE than aware, even if the useless Nat'l media is clueless.

Not on twitter, I don't see any of that stuff. 
Reply/Quote