Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Not the Same As Last Year's Slow Start
(09-10-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Something was crazy wrong with Joe today no doubt.  The fact that Zac didnt help at all is even more frustrating.  Hopefully the comptetitveness of Joe, Chase & Tee comes out big time vs the Ravens in the home opener.

They did a bunch of 1 to 5 yard passes. This offense doesn't work when that happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Steelers fans thought they were going to the SB because of preseason and are flipping out now.

I'm sure at least one Steeler fan was telling everyone about the 2008 Lions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Steelers fans thought they were going to the SB because of preseason and are flipping out now.

And the Bengals were so bad (when they are supposed to be good) that I can’t even find solace in a Steeler beat down.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:59 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Overreaction Sunday following week one is probably the most annoying day of the year.

I hate the first game of the season. I really wish they could have some type of practice games before the real season to work out all the kinks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Something was crazy wrong with Joe today no doubt.  The fact that Zac didnt help at all is even more frustrating.  Hopefully the comptetitveness of Joe, Chase & Tee comes out big time vs the Ravens in the home opener.

Absolutely it being at home should be a change in itself. I'm not concerned for the season as a whole even if we lose next week, but it wouldn't shock me if next week is a week too soon, that's all I'm saying. We shall see. If Burrow is anything like his normal self, we're favourites to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we look this bad against the Ravens, then let's worry. It's 1 bad game. Just happened Week 1.

Burrow played no preseason games and hardly practiced we weren't going to come out looking great.
If we look this bad against the ravens they will put up 50
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:09 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I think it's more likely that things turn around than not, but man... today was a whole different kind of terrible. Felt like I was watching a college team.

Colorado probably would have beat us today.  Sick

Something has to change on Offense. The amount of 3 and outs was atrocious. The defense was bound to break at some point because of it. They were the only reason we were even in the game in the 1st half. Zac going for it on 4th there was coffin nails. Albeit, the weather was a factor for both teams. But Cleveland can at least run the ball in those conditions. Slinging it down the sideline on 3rd & short so frequently!?

You have to give Cleveland's Defense credit. But man, we have got to do something different on Offense or the Elite teams will embarrass us worse than today. 

Clearly, they were out of sync and not prepared for today. 

Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We need a stud RB to help carry this offense when Burrow can’t.
Reply/Quote
Slow start. We did not make it out of the locker room. They dominated all around. The line (OL) looked like Swiss cheese for what 5 years in a row. Joana does not look any better. Another 1st round bust.

One thing kind of look promising, Mixon looked like his old self. He was fighting and running with a purpose. I guess take some money away and he gets hungry. Stopped watching during the 4th. I knew they were going to be bad. We always start slow but this looked like 1st day of camp.

Defense started strong. But was gassed towards the end. Understandable, after so many 3 and outs.

Who dey. In Zac we trust. We need a better committee to call the offense. This one is broken.

Super Bowl 2023. Let start next week
Reply/Quote
The difference is last year Burrow was healed. Just underweight. We figured once he got his weight back his velocity would return. Hell, it had returned somewhat by the end of the game.

This year he is clearly still hurt. And the chatter of him missing week 1 looks to have been legit. The chatter of calf injuries lingering also should be noted.

We had a lot more answers last year about Burrows health after week 1 then we do this year. There’s legit concern the injury will linger. They did say he has good days and bad days. They were cautious with him being available. Folks mocked them for being coy trying to keep the Browns on their toes. I think we know now they weren’t.

And there’s no telling how this injury will effect his year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:37 PM)ah5 Wrote: If we look this bad against the ravens they will put up 50

This makes zero sense.  

Our defense looked good today.

Ravens lost their RB1 for the season.

They may be missing their TE1, LT1, OC1, FS1, CB1

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:59 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Overreaction Sunday following week one is probably the most annoying day of the year.

I love it. Who dey
Reply/Quote
We always lose the opening game, we always lose at least one to the Browns. Having them both today = 1 less loss on the season. Right?

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In all seriousness, our talent level on the roster is going to decline because of the big contracts. That will mean Burrow and the coaches have to be elite.

I just don't think our offensive staff gets the team prepared regularly.

Our offense is largely Burrow, Chase, and Tee making huge plays.

Did not see even a glimpse of that today. We could barley hit a screen.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: The difference is last year Burrow was healed. Just underweight. We figured once he got his weight back his velocity would return. Hell, it had returned somewhat by the end of the game.

This year he is clearly still hurt. And the chatter of him missing week 1 looks to have been legit. The chatter of calf injuries lingering also should be noted.

We had a lot more answers last year about Burrows health after week 1 then we do this year. There’s legit concern the injury will linger. They did say he has good days and bad days. They were cautious with him being available. Folks mocked them for being coy trying to keep the Browns on their toes. I think we know now they weren’t.

And there’s no telling how this injury will effect his year.

There is zero evidence that Burrow's calf had ANY impact on his game.  He ran fine, never limped.  Every throw was off including the short ones that did not require him getting a push from his right leg.  

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is zero evidence that Burrow's calf had ANY impact on his game.  He ran fine, never limped.  Every throw was off including the short ones that did not require him getting a push from his right leg.  

Idk, he wasn’t extending plays like he so often does. Just seemed timid on that wet field.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, he wasn’t extending plays like he so often does. Just seemed timid on that wet field.

yeah and the trainers were working on that calf several times throughout the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is zero evidence that Burrow's calf had ANY impact on his game.  He ran fine, never limped.  Every throw was off including the short ones that did not require him getting a push from his right leg.  

We better hope he’s still injured after what we just witnessed. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:16 PM)samhain Wrote: yeah and the trainers were working on that calf several times throughout the game.

The calf and the knee. 

You screw other body parts up favoring an injured one. 

Reply/Quote

Trainers were working it constantly and Joe was rubbing his knee.
Reply/Quote