Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Not the Same As Last Year's Slow Start
(09-10-2023, 10:50 PM)Leon Wrote: so we have to go back almost 20 years ago to find a top qb with a game this bad. btw look at bradys comments after the game. ticked off, angry not laughing 

Dude literally named a bunch of specific QB’s and I provided an example with one of them. LOL

The GOAT no less.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have a stat:

Burrow 2 years ago...SB.

Last year: AFC Championship game.

what does that have to do with right now. those things didnt help one single bit today
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude literally named a bunch of specific QB’s and I provided an example with one of them. LOL

The GOAT no less.

notice that brady is pissed and angry afte a bad game. not laughing an joking and worried about fixing his hair. thats all im saying. if you wanna bring up bradys name. fine cause it just points out the diference in the 2s attitudes
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:59 PM)Leon Wrote: notice that brady is pissed and angry afte a bad game. not laughing an joking and worried about fixing his hair. thats all im saying. if you wanna bring up bradys name. fine cause it just points out the diference in the 2s attitudes

How does Caleb Williams react after losses?
Reply/Quote
Burrows reaction did look bad. Even Mahomes looked pissed. Burrow and Chase look like they’ve grown far too comfortable losing to the Browns. Chase was even cracking jokes about losing to elves.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:51 PM)Leon Wrote: that was manning with no arm left. is that really what your comparing joe to?

Strange that Manning went on to finish the season with only 2 losses.

You changing the goal posts? Then I can do. Manning had Many games where he didn't even make 200 yards even in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How does Caleb Williams react after losses?

I heard he kicks puppies.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrows reaction did look bad. Even Mahomes looked pissed. Burrow and Chase look like they’ve grown far too comfortable losing to the Browns. Chase was even cracking jokes about losing to elves.

Chase was pretty pissed in one of the clips I saw. He barely answered Lap’s questions and was cussing.

Reply/Quote
We all should've been prepared for this and there were multiple factors that pointed to this being a bad game. I'll admit it definitely sucked to watch and see just how bad it got. But to me this falls 100 percent on the coaches. Yes Burrow sucked but he missed 6 weeks of practice time and we did nothing to help him out. To me Zac should give up playcalling duties but thats not gonna happen so let's hope Burrow get's back to his old self soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: WTF?
In 2015 Manning his first two games: 69 yard and 35 yards.
Brady himself put up a few games with less than 100 yards.

Make sure  when you talk out the side of your mouths you look first.

Every QB has a bad day or two, but it usually doesn't define their career.

I never said they didn't, I wasn't going to go look back through their entire history but figured it probably wasn't more than maybe 1-2 games. The fact we had to go back 15+ years for Brady and the 2015 year when Manning had his worst career year, under 60% completion, and almost twice as many INTs as TDs doesn't really make my point worse though. 

I'm not saying Burrows career is over but saying "it happens" like it's a regular occurrence is just wrong. In 10 years the only examples were Manning when he couldn't even throw the ball anymore.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: I never said they didn't, I wasn't going to go look back through their entire history but figured it probably wasn't more than maybe 1-2 games. The fact we had to go back 15+ years for Brady and the 2015 year when Manning had his worst career year, under 60% completion, and almost twice as many INTs as TDs doesn't really make my point worse though. 

And it seems Burrow wasn't 100% either. 
I wasn't overly impressed with some of those plays and Clev has always had a good Defense and the weather favored defenses today and the run game.

I'm not worried about it, it's one game. Losing one game hasn't stopped them in the past and theirs no need for all of the doom and gloom here. they will fix it and move on.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:59 PM)Leon Wrote: notice that brady is pissed and angry afte a bad game. not laughing an joking and worried about fixing his hair. thats all im saying. if you wanna bring up bradys name. fine cause it just points out the diference in the 2s attitudes

Do you even like the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:09 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I think it's more likely that things turn around than not, but man... today was a whole different kind of terrible. Felt like I was watching a college team.

Defense looked like a pro team, but yeah......the rest, not so much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It was a very bad game especially by the offense, the check downs Joe did were so frustrating evan me as a "Dalton supporter" felt like Andy was out there on those throws .  Also zero signs of any calf issue.. Joe was was not bad not just in throwing but reads today seemed stuck on throwing sideline go routes and checking down on 3rd and mid to long range...  The only bright spot was Joe Mixon, glad to see that

Agreed, Mixon looked solid running and catching. Blocking was meh.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do you even like the Bengals?

Dude hates Burrow because he dresses funny and speaks his mind about certain issues. It’s an agenda. Plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:51 PM)Leon Wrote: that was manning with no arm left. is that really what your comparing joe to?

Keep moving the goalposts Fred....

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude hates Burrow because he dresses funny and speaks his mind about certain issues. It’s an agenda. Plain and simple.

I don't like some things others say either, but I don't have the right to tell them how to feel. 
In the big picture, I really don't care.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:05 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't like some things others say either, but I don't have the right to tell them how to feel

maybe you guys should try this advice with members you dont agree with
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: Keep moving the goalposts Fred....

he used a qb at the end of his career with no arm as a comparison. not me
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:05 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't like some things others say either, but I don't have the right to tell them how to feel. 
In the big picture, I really don't care.

Hell, I wouldn’t like half the actors, musicians, etc that I do if I cared about their politics or opinions on certain things. Gotta just separate that stuff.

Reply/Quote