Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Not the Same As Last Year's Slow Start
(09-10-2023, 07:09 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Wish people would stop comparing this year to last year.

The Bengals could actually find the end-zone last year.

I think Joe is still hurt. Something to continue monitoring as the season goes on.

It was a very bad game especially by the offense, the check downs Joe did were so frustrating evan me as a "Dalton supporter" felt like Andy was out there on those throws .  Also zero signs of any calf issue.. Joe was was not bad not just in throwing but reads today seemed stuck on throwing sideline go routes and checking down on 3rd and mid to long range...  The only bright spot was Joe Mixon, glad to see that
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:18 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Trainers were working it constantly and Joe was rubbing his knee.

If his knee or calf was bothering him so much that he could throw 3 yard dump offs then he should never have played.  IMHO

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If his knee or calf was bothering him so much that he could throw 3 yard dump offs then he should never have played.  IMHO

Never saw anything in the game that indicated he was not able to throw.. he ran a few times, made a jump cut once in traffic.. he indicated after the game, he was off and did not play well.. He and many players play not 100% but well enough to perform.. he just did not perform today and had a terrible game... on to Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It was a very bad game especially by the offense, the check downs Joe did were so frustrating evan me as a "Dalton supporter" felt like Andy was out there on those throws .  Also zero signs of any calf issue.. Joe was was not bad not just in throwing but reads today seemed stuck on throwing sideline go routes and checking down on 3rd and mid to long range...  The only bright spot was Joe Mixon, glad to see that

This was more Akili Smith than Dalton.
Reply/Quote
I guess it’s disappointing to know that he could be THAT bad. I guess I didn’t think he had that type of performance in him even on his worst day
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:17 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I guess it’s disappointing to know that he could be THAT bad.  I guess I didn’t think he had that type of performance in him even on his worst day

Rain. Injury. No preseason. Very few practices. A HC notorious for slow starts to the season. Not playing starters in preseason.

It happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rain. Injury. No preseason. Very few practices. A HC notorious for slow starts to the season. Not playing starters in preseason.

It happens.

Does it? How many times were Rodger's, Mahomes, Brees, Brady, or Manning help to under 100 yards passing and 3 points after their 3rd year? I mean that's the tier we're putting him in here and paid him for, is it not?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: Does it? How many times were Rodger's, Mahomes, Brees, Brady, or Manning help to under 100 yards passing and 3 points after their 3rd year? I mean that's the tier we're putting him in here and paid him for, is it not?

yessir. imagine manning throwing 80 yards in his 4th year. elite guys dont do that. 80 yards!
Reply/Quote
The scheme today was terrible and so was the play selection. We actually started to run well then abruptly stopped running. No formation work or anything to get receivers open. Burrow having no accuracy at all made it much worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: Does it? How many times were Rodger's, Mahomes, Brees, Brady, or Manning help to under 100 yards passing and 3 points after their 3rd year? I mean that's the tier we're putting him in here and paid him for, is it not?

Brady had 78 yards in a 21-0 loss against the Dolphins in 2006.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:29 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir. imagine manning throwing 80 yards in his 4th year. elite guys dont do that. 80 yards!

November 30, 2008 - Indianapolis Colts vs. Cleveland Browns: Manning passed for 125 yards in this game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/281130005
Reply/Quote
We’ll be fine. We have tons of weapons. Joe didn’t just forget how to play QB. It’s rust.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: November 30, 2008 - Indianapolis Colts vs. Cleveland Browns: Manning passed for 125 yards in this game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/281130005

so no example of a pathetic 80. thanks for provng the point. i mean it was just awful. no way around it
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady had 78 yards in a 21-0 loss against the Dolphins in 2006.

(09-10-2023, 10:44 PM)Leon Wrote: so no example of a laughable 80. thanks for proving the point

Yep. Not 80…

Reply/Quote
Joe Montana, a legendary NFL quarterback, passed for under 100 yards in a game on very few occasions in his career. Here are three such games:

November 20, 1977 - In a game against the Atlanta Falcons, Joe Montana passed for only 33 yards.

September 18, 1983 - In a game against the New Orleans Saints, he passed for 78 yards.
December 10, 1989 - In a game against the Washington Redskins, he passed for 65 yards.

These low-yardage games were rare for Montana, known for his exceptional passing skills and numerous accomplishments in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

(09-10-2023, 10:29 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir. imagine manning throwing 80 yards in his 4th year. elite guys dont do that. 80 yards!

WTF?
In 2015 Manning his first two games: 69 yard and 35 yards.
Brady himself put up a few games with less than 100 yards.

Make sure when you talk out the side of your mouths you look first.

Every QB has a bad day or two, but it usually doesn't define their career.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Brady had 78 yards in a 21-0 loss against the Dolphins in 2006.

so we have to go back almost 20 years ago to find a top qb with a game this bad. btw look at bradys comments after the game. ticked off, angry not laughing 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: WTF?
In 2015 Manning his first two games: 69 yard and 35 yards.
Brady himself put up a few games with less than 100 yards.

Make sure  when you talk out the side of your mouths you look first.

Every QB has a bad day or two, but it usually doesn't define their career.

that was manning with no arm left. is that really what your comparing joe to?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:50 PM)Leon Wrote: so we have to go back almost 20 years ago to find a top qb with a game this bad. btw look at bradys comments after the game. ticked off, angry not laughing 

I have a stat:

Burrow 2 years ago...SB.

Last year: AFC Championship game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:44 PM)Leon Wrote: so no example of a pathetic 80. thanks for provng the point. i mean it was just awful. no way around it

I think I see what Leon is doing here. He's going so negative that he's forcing the rest of us to be a little more positive. Well played sir and that's very selfless of you. But I for one would like to have a little pitty party for a day or two.
Reply/Quote