Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notre Dame Cathedral
Good thing Jesus left clear instructions for the church to spend hundreds of millions on the clubhouse instead of helping poor people with no clean water, food, or medicine.
(04-16-2019, 11:11 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: ikr!

How will I ever make those nuclear weapons without it?!?!

I guess one could still make the weapons, but without the additional happiness from Notre Dame they can't be used to occupy London for example... and so France doesn't get a hold over Big Ben which would make all those coliseums 15% cheaper to buy. It's really a blow on so many levels.

(04-16-2019, 11:17 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, she is European. So you have to take that into consideration.

On that note. Why do Americans take away our women? Don't you have enough of your own? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2019, 11:43 AM)hollodero Wrote: On that note. Why do Americans take away our women? Don't you have enough of your own? 

Because you guys do such a good job of training your women folk to be feminine. Here, they all want to be just "one of the guys". Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-16-2019, 11:52 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Because you guys do such a good job of training your women folk to be feminine. Here, they all want to be just "one of the guys". Ninja

I guess I get that, but that doesn't give you the right to steal them Sabines style. Train your own and leave us ours I say.
(04-16-2019, 11:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: I guess I get that, but that doesn't give you the right to steal them Sabines style. Train your own and leave us ours I say.

Well quit sending those damn catalogs over.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-16-2019, 11:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: I guess I get that, but that doesn't give you the right to steal them Sabines style. Train your own and leave us ours I say.

But we don't have to steal them. You just learn a couple of phrases in European, like "Amore mio! Tu se bellisima!!" and they just fall all over you!

(Or maybe they just want to get to the U.S. so they can start acting like the American women and be "just one of the guys". I never thought of that before!!!)

(04-16-2019, 12:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well quit sending those damn catalogs over.  

Those are the Russian women. It's the new way of infiltrating the U.S. with spies.
(04-16-2019, 12:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: But we don't have to steal them. You just learn a couple of phrases in European, like "Amore mio! Tu se bellisima!!" and they just fall all over you!

(Or maybe they just want to get to the U.S. so they can start acting like the American women and be "just one of the guys". I never thought of that before!!!)

Those are the Russian women. It's the new way of infiltrating the U.S. with spies.

I hear there's one in Florida.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-16-2019, 12:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I hear there's one in Florida.  

he said 'just one of the guys' not 'just one of the guy's imagination'
(04-16-2019, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know.  Your wife is the first person I've seen that suggested terrorism.  I was kind of happy at the lack of jumping to conclusions until some Arizona bumpkins rolled into the thread.  

To be fair, they stopped an ISIS motivated attempt to burn down the cathedral in 2016, iirc.
(04-16-2019, 11:10 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Very tragic.

One good thing: the exterior walls are primarily stone. It can be rebuilt. However, the interior and roof are wasted.

My wife's first thoughts were, "Must be terrorists, eh?". But I guess it was just your old fashioned accidental blaze. Messed up world we live in where that is always in the backs (or fronts) of our minds.

(04-16-2019, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know.  Your wife is the first person I've seen that suggested terrorism.  I was kind of happy at the lack of jumping to conclusions until some Arizona bumpkins rolled into the thread.  

Bang Head
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2019, 12:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I hear there's one in Florida.  

You know what you should do with sleeping dogs?
(04-16-2019, 01:25 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Bang Head

"This raises a lot of questions.  .  .  "

"Some people claim.  .  .  "

Bang Head

I stand corrected.  Glenn Beck and his faithful follower in the southwest.  

(04-16-2019, 12:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: But we don't have to steal them. You just learn a couple of phrases in European, like "Amore mio! Tu se bellisima!!" and they just fall all over you!

In "European", right... Amore mio! Audio! Mi parlo bellissimo Europiano! Mi no soi Americano ignoranto! Cool

But I suppose you'd just rather woo our women then to tell yours to lose some weight. Therefore, I do regard you as a women thief of sorts. Like Trump.

As for Notre Dame, two Serbian newspapers called it God's revenge for having a flag of Kosovo there. Which sounds legit.
(04-16-2019, 02:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: In "European", right... Amore mio! Audio! Mi parlo bellissimo Europiano! Mi no soi Americano ignoranto!  Cool

But I suppose you'd just rather woo our women then to tell yours to lose some weight. Therefore, I do regard you as a women thief of sorts. Like Trump.

As for Notre Dame, two Serbian newspapers called it God's revenge for having a flag of Kosovo there. Which sounds legit.

Now it's on.  

(04-16-2019, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote:
You guys divide your inanimate objects into chicks and dudes so whatever.

(04-16-2019, 10:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: Chicks, dudes and neuter things even. A woman is chick, but a girl is a thing.

English used to do that too. Then we Anglos evolved to a higher order language which was easier for the world to learn.

Less rich for literary purposes though, but how much is poetry worth these days?

Bang Head

Exactly. Liberals would hide it from us. 

It was a month before the US learned about 9/11 from a whistleblower.
(04-16-2019, 03:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Now it's on.  

It is? Oh no! I totally love peace and harmony. All I was saying is don't come here and chat up our women by telling them how beautiful they are, just like we don't go to America and tell your women how they're definitely somehow beautiful somewhere inside and are totally not that fat. I mean, courtesy. Don't lure our women in the capitalistic hellhole you call home. These things do leave a vacuum of sorts.
(04-16-2019, 08:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know about that. We're more advanced technologically than they were in the 12th century. At the absolute worst, craftsmen should be able to recreate what was lost.

I think the reason you don't see buildings like the Cathedral of Notre Dame built anymore is because of the cost of beauty and art (which is harder to justify when everything is being optimized for profit in the modern age of architecture). 

If you gave an architect a budget for artistic vision, I see no reason why they'd not be able to come up with something as beautiful today.

C-Dawg, we have craftsmen who can make mediocre replicas of some things.  It really depends on what is lost.  We don't really have painters who can replicate 16th-17th century painting--even the best forgers get caught.  We can probably recreate the outward appearance so that tourists will not be able to tell the difference.  

On the good side, it looks like the stained glass windows have mostly survived. Also, because of the renovation, copper statues of the apostles and some paintings had already been removed, so it's not a total loss. 

Europeans are good at renovating exteriors too.  If the stone is not too damaged, the shell of the cathedral will be saved.
(04-16-2019, 12:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Those are the Russian women. It's the new way of infiltrating the U.S. with spies.

I hear there's one in Florida. 

No. That one is Chinese.   ThumbsUp