Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now is the time to trade McCarron
(09-13-2016, 08:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The guy that was cut from the team that fielded Blaine Gabbert and kept Christian Ponder.

We may as well use James Wright as our back up QB. At least he has run a play at QB for us.

Name their starting recievers. Okay i cant. He was playing with 4th string wide recievers enough said and plus he will be mentored by one of the smartest qbs in andy dalton
Reply/Quote
The Browns are pretty well stocked in draft picks (they have two 1st founders and two 2nd rounders in '17 AND already have two 2nd rounders in '18).

With this in mind, I would feel damn good with swapping our former 5th round pick McCarron for the two 2nd round draft picks. I'd consider that as one helluva return on our investment.

AJ Mc has proven himself as a quality backup QB, and would be an upgrade over what the Browns can currently field. Plus he's spent his career in Hue's offense and could take over the reigns in Cleveland immediately.

However, in reality, we all know that while "serviceable", Mc is not now (and never will be) a Face of the Franchise type of QB. He's not the guy who you truly have to worry about facing twice a year and the browns won't be running away with the AFC north at any point during Aj's tenure there.

1. AJ Mc gets to be a starting QB in the NFL = Win

2. The Bengals get a wicked good return on their investment = Winning

(Bonus: If Week 1 really showed us how bad our O-line is gonna suck, then perhaps the far more athletic Driskel would be the better choice if Dalton were to go down this season)
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is a bit of a stretch to just toss in there offhandedly!  I'd say if McCarron starts in the SB and we win that he is our new starting QB, whether that ends up biting us in the arse or not!

He had that chance last year. But that's not the point. McCarron's going to have good value at the end of the year, so why give up his services, when we very well may need them during season.

Even if he wins a SB because of a Dalton injury I don't see the Bengals cutting Dalton loose. The only way Dalton gets cut loose is if he just folds up as a QB or has a career ending injury. I don't see either of those as very likely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 07:34 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: The Browns are pretty well stocked in draft picks (they have two 1st founders and two 2nd rounders in '17 AND already have two 2nd rounders in '18).

With this in mind, I would feel damn good with swapping our former 5th round pick McCarron for the two 2nd round draft picks. I'd consider that as one helluva return on our investment.

AJ Mc has proven himself as a quality backup QB, and would be an upgrade over what the Browns can currently field. Plus he's spent his career in Hue's offense and could take over the reigns in Cleveland immediately.

However, in reality, we all know that while "serviceable", Mc is not now (and never will be) a Face of the Franchise type of QB. He's not the guy who you truly have to worry about facing twice a year and the browns won't be running away with the AFC north at any point during Aj's tenure there.

1. AJ Mc gets to be a starting QB in the NFL = Win

2. The Bengals get a wicked good return on their investment = Winning

(Bonus: If Week 1 really showed us how bad our O-line is gonna suck, then perhaps the far more athletic Driskel would be the better choice if Dalton were to go down this season)

The Browns always trade for more picks and don't get better every year. Seems like they've made wasting picks an art form.

Besides, we won't trade with the Browns unless they over pay and it's not like they don't have holes all over the place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote