Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O & D rankings after week 3
C'mon..motivational speech .. Whenever I hear this drivel I think of going to go live in a van down by the river.
These guys are paid millions of dollars to play a kids game. If that doesn't motivate them nothing Marvin could possibly say is going to work short of "You're off the team." It's AS IF those gazillion "pep rallies" held every year at thousands of high schools actually inspire anyone to do anything other than find an excuse to go feel up some hottie in the hall way ..
Does anyone realistically think that the team's fortunes rise or fall because of Marvin's half time speeches?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's known Marvin is a horrible motivator, it's not like it hurts the team to have a good vocalist like a Harbaugh to fire someone up.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 04:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's known Marvin is a horrible motivator,

No it isn't.

Why would you say this?
Reply/Quote
"Comon, let's go." is quite motivating when used in every instance (on the field, at half time, at the end of games). I mean it makes me want to get up and mow my lawn! What's it make you do? Does it make you want to leave a timeout before the end of the half when you could get into FG range?

I actually know a woman who is friends with him so she knows his personality, but do I have to describe it to you? You should be able to figure out Mr. Giggles by yourself. I think you're getting blinded by the what have you done for me lately performance of the Bengals.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 11:50 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "Comon, let's go." is quite motivating when used in every instance (on the field, at half time, at the end of games). I mean it makes me want to get up and mow my lawn! What's it make you do? Does it make you want to leave a timeout before the end of the half when you could get into FG range?

I actually know a woman who is friends with him so she knows his personality, but do I have to describe it to you? You should be able to figure out Mr. Giggles by yourself. I think you're getting blinded by the what have you done for me lately performance of the Bengals.

Personally I am not motivated by a grown man squealing and screaming at the top of his lungs.

I bet you can scream and sling spittle around.  Does that mean you are a master at motivation?
Reply/Quote