Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-Line Yesterday
(11-02-2015, 09:23 AM)corpjet Wrote: Did Pittsburgh do something with their rush we haven't seen, was our O-Line just off or was it something else?

When given time Andy has carved apart defenses this year and even did so yesterday when he had more than 2 seconds to throw! However not having any time and getting sacked is what we saw a lot of yesterday.

Don't get me wrong and think the is a negative thread the O-line has been stellar all year just wondering what happened yesterday?

the penalties are starting to really hold us back... And Andre Smith was having a very bad day... not sure why a starting Center cant snap the ball.. But im am sure there is a Center not starting somewhere that sure can.

Anyone know did Whitworth give up a sack?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I blame it on him being fat and out of shape.

Ninja

Andre: Coach, I see donuts.  

Marvin: That's just a concussion, fatty.  

Cool

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote:  It seems like each game Andy is running for his life to find the ball from some horrid snap.

No it doesn't.

This is like the threads about how Gresham would get a penalty, fumble, and drop a key pass EVERY GAME.  It is just the result of people developing a bias against a certain player and then letting that bias effect their perception of reality.
Reply/Quote
Rewatched the game.
4/5 guys were really good yesterday.
One had a game to forget.

Amazing how that can change the perception of how the unit performed.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rewatched the game.

Speaking of Andre, is there any word on his concussion?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Speaking of Andre, is there any word on his concussion?

Actually Andre was fine. He took 2 decent penalties (they kept Dalton from getting laid out) and made Heyward an afterthought. 
Nice try though freddy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rewatched the game.

Also, running backs not being able to pick up a blitz somehow makes people say the o-line was terrible.

I saw the RBs and TEs get abused much more often than the linemen yesterday, but admittedly I've only watched the game once (when it was live) and I had a few beers in me.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Also, running backs not being able to pick up a blitz somehow makes people say the o-line was terrible.

I saw the RBs and TEs get abused much more often than the linemen yesterday, but admittedly I've only watched the game once (when it was live) and I had a few beers in me.

Good defensive play calling confused everyone. 
Gio vs Timmons is a mismatch but it had to be called eventually. 
Reply/Quote
O-Line struggled yesterday especially discipline wise getting penalized way too much.

Contribute it to knocking the rust off coming out of Bye week per their playing really well up until that point.

Think they will regroup and be the driving force that gets Bengals over the hump in the Browns win on a banged and bruised, very short work week.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Also, running backs not being able to pick up a blitz somehow makes people say the o-line was terrible.

This is what I saw....and Bodine's struggles.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Actually Andre was fine. He took 2 decent penalties (they kept Dalton from getting laid out) and made Heyward an afterthought. 
Nice try though freddy. 

Yeah it has to be Bodine right? I mean I kept seeing interior rushers getting through and those two bad snaps cost us points to be sure. 

Running more would probably have helped, though it is hard to say 'I'd go back and do something different' after a win. I just hope that we can clean up the line play and penalties in the short week.

Reply/Quote
Alas the struggles were at RT (which is something that can be compensated for) and Center (which is WAY harder to compensate for). Add in the backs and TEs having pass blocking issues and the result was an out of sync offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Actually Andre was fine. He took 2 decent penalties (they kept Dalton from getting laid out) and made Heyward an afterthought. 

Nice try though freddy. 

Heywood was a force.  He drew two penalties, had a tackle for a loss, hit Dalton, had a few hurries, and blocked a FG.

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette gave him the game ball for his excellent play.

nice try though Royle. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Heywood was a force.  He drew two penalties, had a tackle for a loss, hit Dalton, had a few hurries, and blocked a FG.

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette gave him the game ball for his excellent play.

nice try though Royle. 

Both penalties were good ones to take. 
His hurries came against Winston.
The blocked FG wasn't over Andre.

Why are you so willing to tear down one guy to shield yourself from the truth that it was the center? 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:54 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah it has to be Bodine right? I mean I kept seeing interior rushers getting through and those two bad snaps cost us points to be sure. 

Running more would probably have helped, though it is hard to say 'I'd go back and do something different' after a win. I just hope that we can clean up the line play and penalties in the short week.

Yep. 
He routinely got blown up into the QB, failed to make required blocks in the run game and cost several big runs because of it. 

Zeitler and Boling actually had really good games in both aspects.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the penalties are starting to really hold us back...  And Andre Smith was having a very bad day...  not sure why a starting Center cant snap the ball.. But im am sure there is a Center not starting somewhere that sure can.

Anyone know did Whitworth give up a sack?

By PFF's definition, while his man did get a sack, it wasn't due to Whitworth; Andy ran into it (lovely, LOVELY pass block to take, I think Dupree out of the play).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Both penalties were good ones to take. 

Yep.  Because he got beat by Heyward.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Both penalties were good ones to take. 
His hurries came against Winston.
The blocked FG wasn't over Andre.

Why are you so willing to tear down one guy to shield yourself from the truth that it was the center

To take focus away from the inability to coach up later round prospects?  Just a hunch..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  Because he got beat by Heyward.

One yes, the other no. It was a roll out pass that was blown up from the start by the Steelers staying disciplined. 
Dalton had nowhere to go. Held the ball.

So are you going to address the issue I brought up in Bodine's terrible (much worse than Smith's) day? Or are you going to continue your circle away from the issue at hand? 
Reply/Quote
The issues in pass pro mostly came from Bodine, who was blown up often even for his standards, and two really bad protections from Gio. Andy wasn't playing comfortable in the pocket either which led to pressure that is blamed on the OL. Otherwise while other players had a bad play here and there, the OL was mostly ok
Reply/Quote