Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O-Line Yesterday
(11-02-2015, 04:43 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The issues in pass pro mostly came from Bodine, who was blown up often even for his standards, and two really bad protections from Gio. Andy wasn't playing comfortable in the pocket either which led to pressure that is blamed on the OL. Otherwise while other players had a bad play here and there, the OL was mostly ok

Whitworth, Zeitler and Boling had a great game. 
Reply/Quote
A lot easier to pass rush when you don't gotta worry about stopping the run I blame Hues game plan and we were def lucky to get out of Pitt with the W
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: His hurries came against Winston.

First drive of the game Heyward hit Andy while he was trying to pass.  very next play Heyward was one of the ones who flushed Andy out of the pocket and forced him to run

Second drive of the game the sack Dupree got was Andre's fault.

Dre actually had 3 penalties but a holding call was declined.

Apparently your obsession with Bodine is effecting your ability to see what other players were doing.
Reply/Quote
I don't think this is a Hue-is-an-idiot-OC-with-a-bad-game-plan situation. Yes the Bengals were running somewhat successfully with Hill (I thought he looked the best he has yet this year), but didn't do much running in the game overall.

Why, because Hue is an idiot?

Or did the various bonehead plays like holding penalties or bad snaps that resulted in 2nd and 25s, 3rd and 17s and all that have more to do with it?

Yeah, thought so.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First drive of the game Heyward hit Andy while he was trying to pass.  very next play Heyward was one of the ones who flushed Andy out of the pocket and forced him to run

Second drive of the game the sack Dupree got was Andre's fault.

Apparently your obsession with Bodine is effecting your ability to see what other players were doing.

1. That was lined up over Bodine. Oops. That backfired didn't it? 
[Image: 162sna.png]

2. That was lined up over Boling and stunted across Bodine's face. This REALLY isn't going well for you is it?
[Image: amp8z.png]

3. That was a coverage sack at best. He blocked Dupree out of the play. Then Dalton scrambled an was caught by a hustling Dupree. 
[Image: op2rnt.png]

Do you really want to continue fred? 
Are you really positive?

Are you going to address the point of Bodine having a bad game or just throw more garbage out there? 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Do you really want to continue fred? 
Are you really positive?

Dre pushed Dupree once in the back and watched him chase down Dalton.

Post the entire clip so people can really see what happened.

And also show Heyward hitting Dalton on the first drive and flushing him out of the pocket on the next play. Mr.  All-the-hurries-came-from Winston.

And then the clip's of dre having to hold and cut block because he was beaten.

And then the clip of mr "afterthought" Heyward tackling Gio in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dre pushed Dupree once in the back and watched him chase down Dalton.

Post the entire clip so people can really see what happened.

Dude. That is what you do when a guy goes that hard to the outside. You just push him out there and don't let him turn the corner. 
Dupree is a physical freak and top tier athlete.  No OL is going to beat him in a foot race to that sort of block.

So I guess the answer is no, you don't want to go into Bodine's bad game and instead just try to tear down another player. What a pathetic tactic fred. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:07 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: A lot easier to pass rush when you don't gotta worry about stopping the run I blame Hues game plan and we were def lucky to get out of Pitt with the W

.....big part of it, no doubt.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Dupree is a physical freak and top tier athlete.  No OL is going to beat him in a foot race to that sort of block.

Yet you blame Bodine for Dupree running a loop stunt that made it impossible for Bodine to get to him.
Reply/Quote
As for my assumed obsession with Bodine, according to fred, I don't think I've posted about him in awhile....only when people here started attributing his faults to other players.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet you blame Bodine for Dupree running a loop stunt that made it impossible for Bodine to get to him.

Wasn't Dupree. That was Cam Heyward.
You are really having a hard time with this aren't you?

That wasn't impossible.
It was easy. All he needed to do was keep his head up.

You have failed at every turn. Why won't you just discuss the fact he (Bodine) had a bad game? Or are you just trolling at this point to rile me up? Which I believe is against the CoC...go ahead fred. Your move. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:29 PM)MaineBengal Wrote: I don't think this is a Hue-is-an-idiot-OC-with-a-bad-game-plan situation. Yes the Bengals were running somewhat successfully with Hill (I thought he looked the best he has yet this year), but didn't do much running in the game overall.

Why, because Hue is an idiot?

Or did the various bonehead plays like holding penalties or bad snaps that resulted in 2nd and 25s, 3rd and 17s and all that have more to do with it?

Yeah, thought so.....

Meh....shouldn't have much to do with Gio only seeing one touch.  Hue is cetainly no idiot.....but yesterday wasn't one of his better efforts.  It happens, no one is perfect.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So this post was not a lame attempt to blame all the O-line mistakes on Bodine?

Dre had a lot of problems with multiple penalties and getting beat multiple times.  The fact that he let Heyward  hit Dalton while trying to throw and yet you still insisted that Dre did not even give up a hurry or a pressure shows that you have no credibility on this subject.  Any opinion you have on the O-line is clearly flawed.

No, it was a defense of the four guys on the OL who were not liabilities yesterday, where as one blatantly was. Get over it fred. He sucked yesterday.

I seriously posted the evidence of the plays you claim Smith gave up to Heyward as not by Smith but Bodine, and you are complaining? 
I never said he didn't give up any. I debunked your horseshit now you are grasping. Pathetic. Back on ignore. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 3. That was a coverage sack at best. He blocked Dupree out of the play. Then Dalton scrambled an was caught by a hustling Dupree. 
[Image: op2rnt.png]

(11-02-2015, 05:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wasn't Dupree. That was Cam Heyward.

Then why did you call him Dupree?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did you call him Dupree?

What the hell are you talking about??????? Seriously.
That play had nothing to do with Bodine, Never said it did. 

You said Dupree beat Bodine on a loop. Not me. I corrected you. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I never said he didn't give up any. 

Yes you did

(11-02-2015, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: His hurries came against Winston.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you did

Yes, Cam Heyward's hurries from the true DE spot came against Winston. 
Smith didn't give up hurries to Heyward.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What the hell are you talking about??????? Seriously.
That play had nothing to do with Bodine, Never said it did. 

You said Dupree beat Bodine on a loop. Not me. I corrected you. 

I don't understand what you are saying.  You posted a clip of the Dupree sack and claimed he lined up over Bodine.  If you meant Heyward lined up over Bodine then I don't know what this has to do with Dre not blocking Dupree the way he should.  Heyward was not the one that got the sack so who cares if he lined up over Bodine?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand what you are saying.  You posted a clip of the Dupree sack and claimed he lined up over Bodine.  If you meant Heyward lined up over Bodine then I don't know what this has to do with Dre not blocking Dupree the way he should.  Heyward was not the one that got the sack so who cares if he lined up over Bodine?

No I didn't. Those are 3 different plays....the three plays YOU LISTED. 

You are clearly trolling. Goodbye fred. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes, Cam Heyward's hurries from the true DE spot came against Winston. 
Smith didn't give up hurries to Heyward.

Winston was not in the game on the first drive when Heyward hit Dalton and then flushed him out of the pocket on the next play.

Is that the clip you posted?

If so then why were you talking about Dupree getting a sack on that play?
Reply/Quote