Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O linemen still on the board.
(04-30-2021, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "Jonah is injury prone" stuff is overblown. And Reiff may have only signed a one year deal, but that doesn't mean he's only here for one year. There are extensions and re-signings you know. And there's also another draft next year.

Overblown? How many full seasons has Jonah played so far? I'm not calling him Tyler Eifert, but we have yet to see him play a full 16 game season. Reiff will be 33 in December. Maybe he plays well and we bring him back, but I still don't consider him the future at his position. I also understand there is next year, but waiting until next year is getting a little old.

Even if we say our starting OL is average, our back ups are currently far below average. Price, Jordan, Adenji, Sutherland, Johnson, Prince. I think Adenji could pan out, but we need some additional OL that has talent. Make no mistake, we took Chase and I hope he becomes the greatest WR in team history. I just still believe OL in a much greater need than anywhere else. Even being generous with what we believe to be to the starters talent, we are seriously lacking in depth. Again, that's not tearing down the pick of Chase at all. It's simply saying that we need to add some serious help tonight with both picks. Lets try to make things better for Burrow this year too instead of saying there's another draft next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm pleased and surprised that Tevin Jenkins made it past Baltimore, twice.  I would like to see the Bengals take him, with his nasty, physical style of play, to take over at RT when Reiff goes to chase a final payday.

I looked at the list a number of times and was like:  "Where is Jenkins?"  Looks like an ideal fit at RT and if he is available, I think the Bengals are all over him.  

The other guy I covet is Spencer Brown, and he wasn't listed, either.  If Jenkins goes very early (very likely), I could see the Bengals sliding and trying to get an additional 3rd or, more likely, 4th round pick.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think the Bengals have a guarantee to get a good OL at 38, but here are the ones I consider a reach for and therefore would not take at 38:
- Quinn Meinerz
- Walker Little
- Trey Smith
- Kendrick Green

So realistically for me, it'd be one of eight OL.
My preference in order:
1) Jenkins
2) Cosmi
3) Radunz
4) Eichenberg
5) Humphrey
6) Davis
7) Carman
8) Dickerson (assuming the medical concerns are true. If I'm confident he'll be healthy, I'm moving him up to #4)

Don't be surprised if we wait until 69 of OL if Ojulari is there and his medicals check out, or even Basham. Of your list of 12, there is a really good chance a couple of those guys could be there at 69 (obviously not some of the higher-end ones).
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: At 38 I prefer a tackle with guard versatility (not that they have played it but could) I think over a straight guard with as many guards still on the board. I would be up for Humphrey though as Hopkins is coming back from injury and on the last year of his deal so he could moonlight at guard this year then kick inside to center next. 

Absolutely.  Even if we project to also take a Guard in Rd 3, a versatile OT prospect right now could either start at RT if he shows he is ready and push Reiff inside or line up at RG and develop and push for RT next year.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Could be right I guess, but if Pollack can fix Price and turn him into a quality center, that's a win as well, right? Tiger

Dude if the Bengals could get a OL from Walmart they would  Hilarious I'm just sayin!

Listen if Pollack can straighten out Billy Price I'm all for it, but unlike a LOT on here I don't think Pollacks a miracle worker nor a player on this team.  

So we'll see what Pollack can do with Price and Jordan since he was the one who initially drafted both of them. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:42 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Overblown? How many full seasons has Jonah played so far? I'm not calling him Tyler Eifert, but we have yet to see him play a full 16 game season. Reiff will be 33 in December. Maybe he plays well and we bring him back, but I still don't consider him the future at his position. I also understand there is next year, but waiting until next year is getting a little old.

Even if we say our starting OL is average, our back ups are currently far below average. Price, Jordan, Adenji, Sutherland, Johnson, Prince. I think Adenji could pan out, but we need some additional OL that has talent. Make no mistake, we took Chase and I hope he becomes the greatest WR in team history. I just still believe OL in a much greater need than anywhere else. Even being generous with what we believe to be to the starters talent, we are seriously lacking in depth. Again, that's not tearing down the pick of Chase at all. It's simply saying that we need to add some serious help tonight with both picks. Lets try to make things better for Burrow this year too instead of saying there's another draft next year.

I don't really count his missed first season for injury he had coming out of college. So he hurt his knee last season, lot's of linemen hurt their knees. That does not make him injury prone.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:48 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I will be pissed if we draft little Cosmi or radunz. But that’s probably what they will do and if so u heard it here first. All three of those will not be good in the nfl
Don’t want Carmen either. No sir

Just wait until they go D-line in Rd2.

(04-30-2021, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think so. I think if Pollack was holding out any hope for Price the would have picked up his option. 

Picking up his option made no sense and you can decline to take the option but still hold out hope for a player. If Price beats out Hopkins (and he's going to have an opportunity to do so) I'd be amazed if he's not back in stripes in 2022. Just because his option is declined doesn't mean the door closes on him and his home town team.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: Don't be surprised if we wait until 69 of OL if Ojulari is there and his medicals check out, or even Basham. Of your list of 12, there is a really good chance a couple of those guys could be there at 69 (obviously not some of the higher-end ones).

I won't be surprised if they wait until 69, but I will be mad if they don't get one by 69.
I was really sad to see my guy Payton Turner get taken in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't really count his missed first season for injury he had coming out of college. So he hurt his knee last season, lot's of linemen hurt their knees. That does not make him injury prone.

Okay. Ignore missing his rookie season and everyone gets hurt. Got it. That will be really helpful for however many games he misses this season.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I won't be surprised if they wait until 69, but I will be mad if they don't get one by 69.

Yea, that was the shock of the draft to me. I liked him, and I think he was in play at 38 actually, but I thought that was really early for him with NO needing a corner a little more pressingly. 
Reply/Quote
The board has fallen very nicely for the Bengals. If we can get Jenkins, Cosmi or Eichenberg in rd 2 I would be very pleased.
Reply/Quote
It's Oline day!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: The board has fallen very nicely for the Bengals. If we can get Jenkins, Cosmi or Eichenberg in rd 2 I would be very pleased.

Absolutely and it seems impossible NOT to get one of those three with only 5 picks ahead of us. You would think Olijari and JOK from ND would be possibilities for teams ahead of us.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:42 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Overblown? How many full seasons has Jonah played so far? I'm not calling him Tyler Eifert, but we have yet to see him play a full 16 game season. Reiff will be 33 in December. Maybe he plays well and we bring him back, but I still don't consider him the future at his position. I also understand there is next year, but waiting until next year is getting a little old.

Muskie, this is what i have been saying.  Listen Jonah could turn into a good player but when you've played 10 out of 32 games you're not able to stay healthy and stay on the field.  Until he can prove himself and play 16 games he'll have a label as injury prone.   Reiff is the same age as when we let Whit walk because he was "too old".  We sure as hell aren't going to resign a 34 yo OL for over $10M next season when we wouldn't give that to Whit in 2016 lol  
Reply/Quote
The Bengals REALLY need to think about trading up to nab Jenkins. They could offer a 5th but settle on a 4th round pick. If there was ever a time to move up, its now. I would do it in a heartbeat. Cmon Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals REALLY need to think about trading up to nab Jenkins. They could offer a 5th but settle on a 4th round pick. If there was ever a time to move up, its now. I would do it in a heartbeat. Cmon Bengals.

How often do the Bengals trade up to get someone?  They have a draft board and draft accordingly.  Granted they did trade up to get Finley a few years ago and we see how that one worked out.   This team needs as much new, young talent possible.  They aren't going to give up a draft pick to move up a couple spots. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals REALLY need to think about trading up to nab Jenkins. They could offer a 5th but settle on a 4th round pick. If there was ever a time to move up, its now. I would do it in a heartbeat. Cmon Bengals.

Let the board come to you, I don't think the difference between a Jenkins and the other 2 or 3 tackles is really substantial and probably comes down to preference by Pollock. 
Reply/Quote
I could see JAX or MIA going OL. Going to be a lot of good players left. Curious if we could see another trade down using their 2nd & 4th for a 2nd & 3rd like they've done in the past.
Reply/Quote
And we need a guard or two as well.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: Don't be surprised if we wait until 69 of OL if Ojulari is there and his medicals check out, or even Basham. Of your list of 12, there is a really good chance a couple of those guys could be there at 69 (obviously not some of the higher-end ones).

(04-30-2021, 09:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I won't be surprised if they wait until 69, but I will be mad if they don't get one by 69.

Was very early for Turner but shows how weak a class the defensive line is and how important edge rusher is as a position group.

Ravens and Saints both went developmental edge in the first.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote