Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O linemen still on the board.
(04-29-2021, 11:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Christian Darrisaw=Darrisaw earned the highest PFF grade of any offensive tackle in the Power 5 in 2020 — there wasn’t a single blip on his radar from start to finish. He’s such a powerful 315-pounder and allowed all of six pressures over the entire season. More importantly, he didn’t allow a single sack or hit.

Tevin Jenkins- PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 31
Jenkins is an absolute mauler in the run game, and he earned a 93.6 run-blocking grade at right tackle last season. While relatively untested in the Big 12, Jenkins only allowed 11 pressures on 623 pass-blocking snaps over the past two seasons.

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 26
We haven’t seen Little play since Week 1 of 2019. While some may look at that as a negative, that’s an incredible amount of development we have yet to see. We already saw considerable development from him as a sophomore in 2018, as he only allowed one pressure over his final seven games.

6. DILLON RADUNZ, NDSU
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 32
Radunz earned his spot here with a lights-out performance at the Senior Bowl, where he was the highest-graded tackle in the one-on-ones, throughout the week of practice and in the game itself. He’s a bit slim at just over 300 pounds, but he is an explosive athlete who gets by with a strong anchor.

7. SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 38
Cosmi is one of the most battle-tested tackles in this class when it comes to pass protection. He has played over 1,500 pass-blocking snaps between right and left tackle in his career and handled himself well this past season, earning a 90.7 pass-blocking grade.

9. JACKSON CARMAN, CLEMSON
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 48
Carman has legit movement skills for a 320-pound tackle. He’s still a bit of a work in progress in pass protection — he only earned a 77.1 pass-block grade last year — but he’s only a true junior with two years of starting experience.

10. LIAM EICHENBERG, NOTRE DAME
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 52
Eichenberg may be seen as a guard in the NFL, given the short 32 3/8-inch arms, but he has played left tackle for Notre Dame for the past three seasons. We saw his grades greatly improve every year over that span, culminating in an 89.9 overall grade this past season.

2. LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 44
Dickerson was hands down the best center in the country this past season and earned a 91.3 overall grade to lead the position. He’s played every offensive line position at one point or another in his college career. If it weren’t for the torn ACL he suffered in the SEC title game — the second ACL tear of his career — Dickerson would be a top-25 player in the class.

3. QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 51
Meinerz earned his spot with a dominant Senior Bowl week. He won 58% of his reps in the one-on-ones throughout the week of practices, which is all the more impressive considering the level-of-competition leap and the fact that he didn’t have a season this past fall.

4. WYATT DAVIS, OHIO STATE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 61
Davis has some of the best pass-blocking tape of any interior lineman in the class. Unfortunately, he also dealt with a recurring knee injury in 2020 that cost him multiple parts of games.

5. CREED HUMPHREY, OKLAHOMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 62
Humphrey has been starting at center for three seasons for the Sooners and didn’t allow a single sack in his career. He has the size and athleticism to play any position on the interior.

6. KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 687.
Green is one of the most explosive offensive linemen in the draft. After switching from defensive line early in his career, Green tied for the FBS lead for big-time blocks among interior linemen this past season.

TREY SMITH, TENNESSEE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 85
After an impressive true freshman campaign that saw him play well at multiple positions, Smith had his career derailed with injuries. He never quite developed the way many had hoped and only earned a 73.4 overall grade this past season.

For those thinking since we didn't take Sewell, all is lost.

I will be pissed if we draft little Cosmi or radunz. But that’s probably what they will do and if so u heard it here first. All three of those will not be good in the nfl
Don’t want Carmen either. No sir
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: Billy Turner of GB was a 3rd round pick last year who started at guard and finished at tackle for Bachktiari (4th rounder) and was really good...it’s about the player not the spot.

No offense, but how many of these guys have you watched? Follow up, do you even know what your watching if you did? Your taking a really strong stance on this and I’m curious why unless you’ve really invested in these specific guys and have reasons why your so against them. Again, VERY good class.

At this point it’s moot, we are 10 picks out and less than 6 OL will go.

*You're.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:48 AM)Benton Wrote: *You're.

Solid contribution to the topic. I know you are qualified to discuss grammar, that didn’t answer the football question though.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:06 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And we can list a ton of WRs still on the board, so we did not have to draft Chase then. I predict more Oline will be picked before WRs by our pick.

You love to do this every time someone makes a statement, and more often than not, you're wrong. There are nowhere near as many quality WRs left as there are Olinemen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: Solid contribution to the topic. I know you are qualified to discuss grammar, that didn’t answer the football question though.

If you're going to question the ability of people on a message board to break down game tape, maybe... 

Ah hell. Who cares. Your write, we don't knead gaurds.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You love to do this every time someone makes a statement, and more often than not, you're wrong. There are nowhere near as many quality WRs left as there are Olinemen. 

If you need a slot guy there are, but we absolutely weren’t.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:52 AM)Benton Wrote: If you're going to question the ability of people on a message board to break down game tape, maybe... 

Again, solid contribution.

I gave the list, I am confident in the list. Tomorrow you will read a bunch of articles from other people who are confident in the guys on that list. Hopefully you don’t feel the urge to send them notes on grammar.
Reply/Quote
Quote:For those thinking since we didn't take Sewell, all is lost.
I'm already getting excited about next years number one overall pick of the Bengals..  Gotta be that special one legged kicker, eh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Again, solid contribution.

I gave the list, I am confident in the list. Tomorrow you will read a bunch of articles from other people who are confident in the guys on that list. Hopefully you don’t feel the urge to send them notes on grammar.

Nay, it's not so much the grammar, its how readily people believe nine college kids (minus the top couple college kids) are day 1 nfl starters. 

Tell you what, I won't attack your lack of grammar of you don't attack my lack of football knowledge. 
Reply/Quote
Thank you Baltimore. This round couldn’t have gone any better for us. Only the absolute guaranteed 1st round O lineman are off the board and then Leatherwood for a reach. Couldn’t have scripted this better myself
Reply/Quote
I'm pleased and surprised that Tevin Jenkins made it past Baltimore, twice. I would like to see the Bengals take him, with his nasty, physical style of play, to take over at RT when Reiff goes to chase a final payday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you need a slot guy there are, but we absolutely weren’t.

Exactly my point (maybe i worded it wrong). For what the Bengals are targeting, 2nd rd WRs left is a small handfull. More to choose from on Oline.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:04 AM)Benton Wrote: Nay, it's not so much the grammar, its how readily people believe nine college kids (minus the top couple college kids) are day 1 nfl starters. 

Tell you what, I won't attack your lack of grammar of you don't attack my lack of football knowledge. 

It happens every year, but hey what does everyone in the NFL know.

Nah, it’s fine we are on a football board not a grammar board. Now if I roll over to the grammar board have at it. Wonder if the staff members there will get in fights about football?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:52 AM)Benton Wrote: If you're going to question the ability of people on a message board to break down game tape, maybe... 

*gourds

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: Solid contribution to the topic. I know you are qualified to discuss grammar, that didn’t answer the football question though.

Grammar smack: When you really want a witty retort but are out of options. 

As to the subject of the OP:

Every team in front of us could go Oline and we'd still have a good selection. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
would love to see Jenkins fall to us, if not, it's ok, plenty of others to choose from as well
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:30 PM)Benton Wrote: I actually liked Darrisaw more than Sewell. I think Sewell has a higher ceiling, but Darrisaw has a better fluidity. I doubt he lasts till the second though. Cosmi would be an upgrade, but I don't think he'll be there either.

We could take Eichenberg as I think he'll still be there in the second, but I dunno if he'll be ready to go when Jonah goes Jonah. He will be a solid tackle in a couple seasons but I don't think he's NFL ready.

Huh? He’s supposed to be one of the best plug-and-play offensive linemen in this draft.

Reply/Quote
We need to stop treating these guys like apples. This is not a fruit market lol. For someone like myself who's been following them all year, they are not interchangeable, identical, mass-produced goods that have the same specs. There are a lot of names on the board, yes. But that would've been true regardless. You don't want them all unless you've never seen them all.

I'm no Lombardi, but of the guys available I'm personally limited to Jenkins, Humphrey, Davis and... maybe I could be persuaded on Dickerson. We're in no position to take gambles on the others. Little's been off the grid for three years, Trey has his own medical story, Meinerz may just be a Senior Bowl warrior for all we know, while Radunz may just be a workout warrior for all we know. That doesn't even take into account what you think of their play. Meanwhile, Cosmi is woefully inconsistent and plays small; Eichenberg thrives neither in pass protection nor run blocking lol; Carman is a project who's never played guard and whose frame is certainly not fit for tackle; and Green carries a 3rd round grade. What options are we really looking at?!

Thankfully, there will be others later. I like Braden Christensen BYU, Spencer Brown Northern Iowa, David Moore Grambling, D'Ante Smith East Carolina, Sadarius Hutcherson South Carolina and Robert Jones Middle Tennessee. But these guys have a long way to go themselves, and only Christensen can be seen as a plug and play imo.

Regardless, instead of shoving each other's noses in it, I'd rather discuss how our D-line remains a mess, while 4 of the last 5 picks tonight were edge rushers and 9 in total were Front 7s. As such, I'd be inclined to look very seriously at Ronnie Perkins and Carlos Basham Jr if they're still on the board at 38, instead of forcing one of the remaining square pegs into a round (two) hole just to yell "We got one!" like Janine from Ghostbusters. It also goes without saying that if a Swiss Army knife-playmaker like Wu is there at 38, we should explode toward him the way he explodes toward ball-carriers, and worry about the rest later. The point is, we're not winning here. We're still playing from behind. We have countless holes and virtually no depth. Now is not the time for gloating.

(I'll feel better on Saturday night lol.)

Reply/Quote
Tevin Jenkins just makes sense doesn't he? Eventually he'd be our right tackle but for now he could help out at guard (he's played both guard positions). Assuming some team doesn't take him in the 5 picks before us, he's a great value (several mocks had him going to Chicago at 20 overall). Of course if Chicago really wanted him and paid us a bunch of picks to trade up, we could probably make it work with one of the many other prospects.

I could see us taking Dillon Radunz. The senior bowl is something this team is involved with and pays attention to. However if both he and Jenkins are available I hope we take Jenkins. Or trade down. We do have a lot of needs, including many on the defensive side of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 04:52 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Tevin Jenkins just makes sense doesn't he? Eventually he'd be our right tackle but for now he could help out at guard (he's played both guard positions). Assuming some team doesn't take him in the 5 picks before us, he's a great value (several mocks had him going to Chicago at 20 overall). Of course if Chicago really wanted him and paid us a bunch of picks to trade up, we could probably make it work with one of the many other prospects.

Reply/Quote