Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O linemen still on the board.
15 picks left before our next one with 10 (+-2) legitimate options that should all be day one starters somewhere on the o line left. We’re in good shape, really good shape.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:01 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm good with Reiff. He isn't my concern.

But he's 1 tackle.

I get people not wanting to write Jonah off, but... we've gone down this road with other guys. We shouldn't just move on, but we shouldn't expect him to play a full season either. Dude can't cross the street without a cart.

The team was never writing him off. That said there are round 3 guys at tackle than can be developed over a year and can spot start if he does go down. I said I had 10 guys who can start day 1 and we don’t necessarily need a tackle who can start day 1 but I agree I’d like to add one even if we get a guard in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Agree with Darrisaw, Cosmi and Carmen (at guard).

But...

A- That's only 9, even if we go with all of them.
B- 2-of-9 listed are guards, which don't help us much with the T issue. 

Our guards aren't great, but that isn't the looming issue. A guy on a 1-year deal and a guy who has only played 1/4 over games so far, is.

Interior line is easily the most urgent need.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Christian Darrisaw=Darrisaw earned the highest PFF grade of any offensive tackle in the Power 5 in 2020 — there wasn’t a single blip on his radar from start to finish. He’s such a powerful 315-pounder and allowed all of six pressures over the entire season. More importantly, he didn’t allow a single sack or hit.

Tevin Jenkins- PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 31
Jenkins is an absolute mauler in the run game, and he earned a 93.6 run-blocking grade at right tackle last season. While relatively untested in the Big 12, Jenkins only allowed 11 pressures on 623 pass-blocking snaps over the past two seasons.

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 26
We haven’t seen Little play since Week 1 of 2019. While some may look at that as a negative, that’s an incredible amount of development we have yet to see. We already saw considerable development from him as a sophomore in 2018, as he only allowed one pressure over his final seven games.

6. DILLON RADUNZ, NDSU
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 32
Radunz earned his spot here with a lights-out performance at the Senior Bowl, where he was the highest-graded tackle in the one-on-ones, throughout the week of practice and in the game itself. He’s a bit slim at just over 300 pounds, but he is an explosive athlete who gets by with a strong anchor.

7. SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 38
Cosmi is one of the most battle-tested tackles in this class when it comes to pass protection. He has played over 1,500 pass-blocking snaps between right and left tackle in his career and handled himself well this past season, earning a 90.7 pass-blocking grade.

9. JACKSON CARMAN, CLEMSON
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 48
Carman has legit movement skills for a 320-pound tackle. He’s still a bit of a work in progress in pass protection — he only earned a 77.1 pass-block grade last year — but he’s only a true junior with two years of starting experience.

10. LIAM EICHENBERG, NOTRE DAME
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 52
Eichenberg may be seen as a guard in the NFL, given the short 32 3/8-inch arms, but he has played left tackle for Notre Dame for the past three seasons. We saw his grades greatly improve every year over that span, culminating in an 89.9 overall grade this past season.

2. LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 44
Dickerson was hands down the best center in the country this past season and earned a 91.3 overall grade to lead the position. He’s played every offensive line position at one point or another in his college career. If it weren’t for the torn ACL he suffered in the SEC title game — the second ACL tear of his career — Dickerson would be a top-25 player in the class.

3. QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 51
Meinerz earned his spot with a dominant Senior Bowl week. He won 58% of his reps in the one-on-ones throughout the week of practices, which is all the more impressive considering the level-of-competition leap and the fact that he didn’t have a season this past fall.

4. WYATT DAVIS, OHIO STATE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 61
Davis has some of the best pass-blocking tape of any interior lineman in the class. Unfortunately, he also dealt with a recurring knee injury in 2020 that cost him multiple parts of games.

5. CREED HUMPHREY, OKLAHOMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 62
Humphrey has been starting at center for three seasons for the Sooners and didn’t allow a single sack in his career. He has the size and athleticism to play any position on the interior.

6. KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 687.
Green is one of the most explosive offensive linemen in the draft. After switching from defensive line early in his career, Green tied for the FBS lead for big-time blocks among interior linemen this past season.

TREY SMITH, TENNESSEE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 85
After an impressive true freshman campaign that saw him play well at multiple positions, Smith had his career derailed with injuries. He never quite developed the way many had hoped and only earned a 73.4 overall grade this past season.

For those thinking since we didn't take Sewell, all is lost.

And we can list a ton of WRs still on the board, so we did not have to draft Chase then. I predict more Oline will be picked before WRs by our pick.
Reply/Quote
Darrisaw gone
Reply/Quote
No Mayfield? Some think that he's a RT. I'd plop him at C or G.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:06 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And we can list a ton of WRs still on the board, so we did not have to draft Chase then. I predict more Oline will be picked before WRs by our pick.

You clearly haven't studied the draft. 

More o line will be picked because drop off the cliff of WRs is huge between Chase, the other first rounders and the rest.

The linemen are all quite good and closely rated. 16 of the top 50 prospects in this draft are O line.
Reply/Quote
Good
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: The team was never writing him off. That said there are round 3 guys at tackle than can be developed over a year and can spot start if he does go down. I said I had 10 guys who can start day 1 and we don’t necessarily need a tackle who can start day 1 but I agree I’d like to add one even if we get a guard in the 2nd.

And I'd disagree. Most of them wouldn't, unless Jonah isn't ready to go.

Which honestly wouldn't surprise me. Guy can be a good tackle, but I'd be shocked if he plays more than 12 games.

But saying 10 (or the nine you listed) would start because Jonah couldn't isn't a glowing endorsement. At this point, I think we should've kept Hart.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:13 AM)Benton Wrote: And I'd disagree. Most of them wouldn't, unless Jonah isn't ready to go.

Which honestly wouldn't surprise me. Guy can be a good tackle, but I'd be shocked if he plays more than 12 games.

But saying 10 (or the nine you listed) would start because Jonah couldn't isn't a glowing endorsement.

That’s not what I said at all. The tackles I have listed would start at RT and Reiff would move inside day 1. Guys I DIDNT event list could be had in the 3rd or 4th and could if there was an injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:11 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You clearly haven't studied the draft. 

More o line will be picked because drop off the cliff of WRs is huge between Chase, the other first rounders and the rest.

The linemen are all quite good and closely rated. 16 of the top 50 prospects in this draft are O line.

Guess you missed that  is Sewell to oline.. Sewell is still projected as the most impact long term player in draft,  just amazed by the apathy of this group that hammered for major changes at oline and all we have to show for it after FA and 1st is a 1 yr signing of a 30 plus Tackle ...just sad
Reply/Quote
Couple of RB’s going helps us even more. Now let’s see some WR’s and maybe a QB like Trask can sneak in here at the end of round one.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: That’s not what I said at all. The tackles I have listed would start at RT and Reiff would move inside day 1. Guys I DIDNT event list could be had in the 3rd or 4th and could if there was an injury.

Ok, I'll bite disregarding what you said.

Who are you saying is LT for 16+ games?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:25 AM)Benton Wrote: Ok, I'll bite.

Who are you saying is LT for 16+ games?

If Jonah goes down Reiff is...because I said I’d start any one of those guys at RT. Jenkins/Eichenburg/Cosmi can all play day 1. If you get beyond that group you wait to the 3rd and you got another group of Brown/Mayfield/Little who could but I’d not be as confident.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:24 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Couple of RB’s going helps us even more. Now let’s see some WR’s and maybe a QB like Trask can sneak in here at the end of round one.

Trask and at least twp WRs still will come off before we pick again
Reply/Quote
Lots of injuries on that list. Fingers crossed. Don't want to see us reach. What if there's a really good DT or something thats BPA?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: If Jonah goes down Reiff is...because I said I’d start any one of those guys at RT. Jenkins/Eichenburg/Cosmi can all play day 1. If you get beyond that group you wait to the 3rd and you got another group of Brown/Mayfield/Little who could but I’d not be as confident.

So you're saying our line is so bad you'd play a third round rookie over who we've got, so we did good by not fixing it earlier?

Mellow

There's a few guys that could legitimately upgrade our line. As of this post, some of them are available. But saying 10 guys are day 1 starters is super optimistic. Hell you only listed 9 and even then it's contingent on other factors.

If jonah can't play 16+ games, our line is boned.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:36 AM)Benton Wrote: So you're saying our line is so bad you'd play a third round rookie over who we've got, so we did good by not fixing it earlier?

Mellow

There's a few guys that could legitimately upgrade our line. As of this post, some of them are available. But saying 10 guys are day 1 starters is super optimistic. Hell you only listed 9 and even then it's contingent on other factors.

If jonah can't play 16+ games, our line is boned.

Billy Turner of GB was a 3rd round pick last year who started at guard and finished at tackle for Bachktiari (4th rounder) and was really good...it’s about the player not the spot.

No offense, but how many of these guys have you watched? Follow up, do you even know what your watching if you did? Your taking a really strong stance on this and I’m curious why unless you’ve really invested in these specific guys and have reasons why your so against them. Again, VERY good class.

At this point it’s moot, we are 10 picks out and less than 6 OL will go.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: Billy Turner of GB was a 3rd round pick last year who started at guard and finished at tackle for Bachktiari (4th rounder) and was really good...it’s about the player not the spot.

No offense, but how many of these guys have you watched? Follow up, do you even know what your watching if you did? Your taking a really strong stance on this and I’m curious why unless you’ve really invested in these specific guys and have reasons why your so against them. Again, VERY god class.

Thuney was a 3rd rounder who started every game as a rookie protecting the goat on the way ti the SB.

Now, I would never point to an exception and pretend it's the rule. But, I will say that players who fit your scheme are critically important. Chase was the best WR available that fit what the Bengals do. No one knows their board on linemen. But, I do know that at the Senior Bowl Taylor & Callahan sat in the end zone specifically to scout, listen, and hear the linemen up close. They have put in a ton of work on O line for this draft.  I am looking forward to how this works out.

All of these Chicken Little's with hot takes crack me up.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Kendrick Green rank 687? Let’s avoid that guy!

Lmao
Reply/Quote