Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O linemen still on the board.
I don't mean to interrupt but how the hell do I change my picture.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 04:54 AM)Hamilton95 Wrote: I don't mean to interrupt but how the hell do I change my picture.

Go to User CP - your profile - change avatar
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 05:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Go to User CP - your profile - change avatar

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 05:59 AM)Hamilton95 Wrote: Thank you.

You’re welcome. And good choice (top 5 fav movie for me).

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tevin Jenkins- PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 31
Jenkins is an absolute mauler in the run game, and he earned a 93.6 run-blocking grade at right tackle last season. While relatively untested in the Big 12, Jenkins only allowed 11 pressures on 623 pass-blocking snaps over the past two seasons.

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 26
We haven’t seen Little play since Week 1 of 2019. While some may look at that as a negative, that’s an incredible amount of development we have yet to see. We already saw considerable development from him as a sophomore in 2018, as he only allowed one pressure over his final seven games.

6. DILLON RADUNZ, NDSU
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 32
Radunz earned his spot here with a lights-out performance at the Senior Bowl, where he was the highest-graded tackle in the one-on-ones, throughout the week of practice and in the game itself. He’s a bit slim at just over 300 pounds, but he is an explosive athlete who gets by with a strong anchor.

7. SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 38
Cosmi is one of the most battle-tested tackles in this class when it comes to pass protection. He has played over 1,500 pass-blocking snaps between right and left tackle in his career and handled himself well this past season, earning a 90.7 pass-blocking grade.

9. JACKSON CARMAN, CLEMSON
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 48
Carman has legit movement skills for a 320-pound tackle. He’s still a bit of a work in progress in pass protection — he only earned a 77.1 pass-block grade last year — but he’s only a true junior with two years of starting experience.

10. LIAM EICHENBERG, NOTRE DAME
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 52
Eichenberg may be seen as a guard in the NFL, given the short 32 3/8-inch arms, but he has played left tackle for Notre Dame for the past three seasons. We saw his grades greatly improve every year over that span, culminating in an 89.9 overall grade this past season.

2. LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 44
Dickerson was hands down the best center in the country this past season and earned a 91.3 overall grade to lead the position. He’s played every offensive line position at one point or another in his college career. If it weren’t for the torn ACL he suffered in the SEC title game — the second ACL tear of his career — Dickerson would be a top-25 player in the class.

3. QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 51
Meinerz earned his spot with a dominant Senior Bowl week. He won 58% of his reps in the one-on-ones throughout the week of practices, which is all the more impressive considering the level-of-competition leap and the fact that he didn’t have a season this past fall.

4. WYATT DAVIS, OHIO STATE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 61
Davis has some of the best pass-blocking tape of any interior lineman in the class. Unfortunately, he also dealt with a recurring knee injury in 2020 that cost him multiple parts of games.

5. CREED HUMPHREY, OKLAHOMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 62
Humphrey has been starting at center for three seasons for the Sooners and didn’t allow a single sack in his career. He has the size and athleticism to play any position on the interior.

6. KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 687.
Green is one of the most explosive offensive linemen in the draft. After switching from defensive line early in his career, Green tied for the FBS lead for big-time blocks among interior linemen this past season.

TREY SMITH, TENNESSEE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 85
After an impressive true freshman campaign that saw him play well at multiple positions, Smith had his career derailed with injuries. He never quite developed the way many had hoped and only earned a 73.4 overall grade this past season.

For those thinking since we didn't take Sewell, all is lost.

Updated list.... all these are still there, plus all the ones I didn't even list.
Reply/Quote
For me it’s Jenkins or trade back to later in the 2nd and add a pick. Bengals could easily be drooling over a specific player though. Tons of talent left.
Reply/Quote
Jenkins, Eichenberg then Cosmi in that order for me at 38. Just don’t get too cute and pass on OL again. Made the calculated risk in round one and it paid off seeing how the first round played out. Now capitalize on that with a great OT. Then look at a G or best DL in 3 for whoever drops to that pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:23 AM)yang Wrote: For me it’s Jenkins or trade back to later in the 2nd and add a pick.   Bengals could easily be drooling over a specific player though.  Tons of talent left.

We need Guards right? Green was the #3 rated guard in this draft. Still there. Meinerz was an unknown but put the nations top DL on their butts with pancake after pancake at the Senior Bowl. Still there. Creed Humphrey has NEVER allowed a sack in college. Still there. Cosmi- still there. There's still a wealth of talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We need Guards right? Green was the #3 rated guard in this draft. Still there. Meinerz was an unknown but put the nations top DL on their butts with pancake after pancake at the Senior Bowl. Still there. Creed Humphrey has NEVER allowed a sack in college. Still there. Cosmi- still there. There's still a wealth of talent.

At 38 I prefer a tackle with guard versatility (not that they have played it but could) I think over a straight guard with as many guards still on the board. I would be up for Humphrey though as Hopkins is coming back from injury and on the last year of his deal so he could moonlight at guard this year then kick inside to center next. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:29 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Jenkins, Eichenberg then Cosmi in that order for me at 38. Just don’t get too cute and pass on OL again. Made the calculated risk in round one and it paid off seeing how the first round played out. Now capitalize on that with a great OT. Then look at a G or best DL in 3 for whoever drops to that pick.

They also LOVE trading back in the 2nd round. Please not this year. Take the highest rated OL on your board and be done with it. I can’t handle trading back only to see someone we really had our eye on go right before we pick.

Reply/Quote
IF we go on the premise that Jonah Williams will be able to remain healthy, and continue to improve at LT, and keeping in mind that Reilly Reiff is just a one year rental at RT, it seems pretty clear that if we're looking at Tackles, RT is what we should be looking to solidify.

Of the remaining OL listed, I like Tevin Jenkins best for long term RT. Big, strong dude that can play with a bit of a nasty streak.

I'd also like to see the Bengals package some picks, move back up into the 2nd and take a pass rusher, leaving the 69 pick to address the interior of the OL. With pick 69, I'd like to see Trey Smith taken to solidify RG for the next 10-12 years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They also LOVE trading back in the 2nd round. Please not this year. Take the highest rated OL on your board and be done with it. I can’t handle trading back only to see someone we really had our eye on go right before we pick.

If there is a run on defense before us like some are predicting I think a slide back 5 or 6 places to get another 4th may happen because there is a lot on the board for OL right now. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IF we go on the premise that Jonah Williams will be able to remain healthy, and continue to improve at LT, and keeping in mind that Reilly Reiff is just a one year rental at RT, it seems pretty clear that if we're looking at Tackles, RT is what we should be looking to solidify.

Of the remaining OL listed, I like Tevin Jenkins best for long term RT.  Big, strong dude that can play with a bit of a nasty streak.

I'd also like to see the Bengals package some picks, move back up into the 2nd and take a pass rusher, leaving the 69 pick to address the interior of the OL.  With pick 69, I'd like to see Trey Smith taken to solidify RG for the next 10-12 years.

What picks are you packaging if you aren't including 69 to come back into the 2nd? That's a lot of points to make up for without the 3rd pick being included.
Reply/Quote
I understand Team Chase are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back, but I think most know there are quality OL players still available. I wanted OL in the first, but I have no problem with Chase. I do think it's important to go OL in 2 AND 3 though, preferably interior OL.

I know Jonah is injury prone and Reiff is only here for 1 season, but we need a legit G and C. Reiff is an upgrade over Hart and Jonah will be good for the 10 games or so he plays. I like Spain and XSF, but we're 1 injury at most from Jordan playing again and that is not good. I'd like a quality G to push Jordan down the depth chart or even off the team. An upgrade at C would mean Price doesn't have to touch the field and Hopkins could move back to G when healthy. With how much this organization values interior OL though, I expect they'll draft OTs and call it a day.
Reply/Quote
All this "Jonah is injury prone" stuff is overblown. And Reiff may have only signed a one year deal, but that doesn't mean he's only here for one year. There are extensions and re-signings you know. And there's also another draft next year.
Reply/Quote
If we come out of this draft with Jenkins and Green I'd be feeling a little better. There are other guys on that list I like too, like Smith provided his clot issues are behind him. Would love to have Dickerson or Creed, but something tells me with Pollack coming back and Hopkins coming off injury, we are going to see Billy Price get his final chance to be the starting C, and I hope he really comes around and turns into the C we drafted him to be.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:20 AM)bengaloo Wrote: If we come out of this draft with Jenkins and Green I'd be feeling a little better. There are other guys on that list I like too, like Smith provided his clot issues are behind him. Would love to have Dickerson or Creed, but something tells me with Pollack coming back and Hopkins coming off injury, we are going to see Billy Price get his final chance to be the starting C, and I hope he really comes around and turns into the C we drafted him to be.

I don't think so. I think if Pollack was holding out any hope for Price the would have picked up his option. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tevin Jenkins- PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 31
Jenkins is an absolute mauler in the run game, and he earned a 93.6 run-blocking grade at right tackle last season. While relatively untested in the Big 12, Jenkins only allowed 11 pressures on 623 pass-blocking snaps over the past two seasons.

4. WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 26
We haven’t seen Little play since Week 1 of 2019. While some may look at that as a negative, that’s an incredible amount of development we have yet to see. We already saw considerable development from him as a sophomore in 2018, as he only allowed one pressure over his final seven games.

6. DILLON RADUNZ, NDSU
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 32
Radunz earned his spot here with a lights-out performance at the Senior Bowl, where he was the highest-graded tackle in the one-on-ones, throughout the week of practice and in the game itself. He’s a bit slim at just over 300 pounds, but he is an explosive athlete who gets by with a strong anchor.

7. SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 38
Cosmi is one of the most battle-tested tackles in this class when it comes to pass protection. He has played over 1,500 pass-blocking snaps between right and left tackle in his career and handled himself well this past season, earning a 90.7 pass-blocking grade.

9. JACKSON CARMAN, CLEMSON
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 48
Carman has legit movement skills for a 320-pound tackle. He’s still a bit of a work in progress in pass protection — he only earned a 77.1 pass-block grade last year — but he’s only a true junior with two years of starting experience.

10. LIAM EICHENBERG, NOTRE DAME
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 52
Eichenberg may be seen as a guard in the NFL, given the short 32 3/8-inch arms, but he has played left tackle for Notre Dame for the past three seasons. We saw his grades greatly improve every year over that span, culminating in an 89.9 overall grade this past season.

2. LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 44
Dickerson was hands down the best center in the country this past season and earned a 91.3 overall grade to lead the position. He’s played every offensive line position at one point or another in his college career. If it weren’t for the torn ACL he suffered in the SEC title game — the second ACL tear of his career — Dickerson would be a top-25 player in the class.

3. QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 51
Meinerz earned his spot with a dominant Senior Bowl week. He won 58% of his reps in the one-on-ones throughout the week of practices, which is all the more impressive considering the level-of-competition leap and the fact that he didn’t have a season this past fall.

4. WYATT DAVIS, OHIO STATE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 61
Davis has some of the best pass-blocking tape of any interior lineman in the class. Unfortunately, he also dealt with a recurring knee injury in 2020 that cost him multiple parts of games.

5. CREED HUMPHREY, OKLAHOMA
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 62
Humphrey has been starting at center for three seasons for the Sooners and didn’t allow a single sack in his career. He has the size and athleticism to play any position on the interior.

6. KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 687.
Green is one of the most explosive offensive linemen in the draft. After switching from defensive line early in his career, Green tied for the FBS lead for big-time blocks among interior linemen this past season.

TREY SMITH, TENNESSEE
PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 85
After an impressive true freshman campaign that saw him play well at multiple positions, Smith had his career derailed with injuries. He never quite developed the way many had hoped and only earned a 73.4 overall grade this past season.

For those thinking since we didn't take Sewell, all is lost.

I think the Bengals have a guarantee to get a good OL at 38, but here are the ones I consider a reach for and therefore would not take at 38:
- Quinn Meinerz
- Walker Little
- Trey Smith
- Kendrick Green

So realistically for me, it'd be one of eight OL.
My preference in order:
1) Jenkins
2) Cosmi
3) Radunz
4) Eichenberg
5) Humphrey
6) Davis
7) Carman
8) Dickerson (assuming the medical concerns are true. If I'm confident he'll be healthy, I'm moving him up to #4)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think so. I think if Pollack was holding out any hope for Price the would have picked up his option. 

See i agree with Bengaloo, I do think the Bengals are willing to give Price one more opportunity at center. 

I think that's a lot of the reason Pollack was brought back was to see if they could revive the careers of Billy Price and Michael Jordan. 

Both were brought into the organization on Pollacks watch so it's understandable to believe that Pollack had a hand in drafting both of them.  

I just don't think the Bengals picked up the option right now because even if Price has a good year I dont think he'll command $10M a year on the open market after 1 good year in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:28 AM)TJ528 Wrote: See i agree with Bengaloo, I do think the Bengals are willing to give Price one more opportunity at center. 

I think that's a lot of the reason Pollack was brought back was to see if they could revive the careers of Billy Price and Michael Jordan. 

Both were brought into the organization on Pollacks watch so it's understandable to believe that Pollack had a hand in drafting both of them.  

I just don't think the Bengals picked up the option right now because even if Price has a good year I dont think he'll command $10M a year on the open market after 1 good year in the NFL. 

Could be right I guess, but if Pollack can fix Price and turn him into a quality center, that's a win as well, right? Tiger
Reply/Quote