Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OG's will be available.....
I still think we'll pick up a decent OG after teams cut to their final 53. Although OL play is not good in the league right now, with 32 teams there will be some quality depth let go for some teams at that position. From what I've seen so far watching these first 3 games it won't take much to pick up a player more productive than we at the RG position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're looking for gangsta's Ninja

Yes I agree. The Bengals should keep a very close watch on the waiver wire for anything O-linemen wise. There's bound to be some cut but I'd say it's gonna be race to get them ! A lot of teams with O-line issues.
Reply/Quote
They have no choice but to look, our pretty much suck so you have to look for an upgrade. The best solution would be a good guard who is being paid too much so he is cut for cap reasons. Same situation as Iloka
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
In the limited snaps Westerman has played well.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:14 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: In the limited snaps Westerman has played well.

He should get a chance at right guard.
Reply/Quote
who is the OG the bears just released

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/26/bears-cut-earl-watford-after-being-unable-to-trade-him/

I don't know much about him
Reply/Quote
My initial reaction to this post was "Yea, but Marvin would never sign a player off the street to start for this team! They're going to need at least 2 to 3 years in the system before they're good enough to play any regular season downs!"

But today, in this new Bengals world, where a rookie safety will be starting for us on week 1, despite having a veteran and respected presence already on the roster, I guess anything is possible haha.
Reply/Quote
Can we realistically think we're going to get a quality starting OG that was somehow cut from another teams roster meaning they most like weren't even the 4th best guard on that team? I mean we may get lucky but if we're hoping the answer for our season comes through cuts we're in trouble.
Reply/Quote
I don't think any team right now has an over abundance of solid guards they're ready to toss aside. We might get lucky, but if I had to hold my breath waiting on lucky I'd have died many times over by now . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't think any team right now has an over abundance of solid guards they're ready to toss aside. We might get lucky, but if I had to hold my breath waiting on lucky I'd have died many times over by now . 

Stop copying me!  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My initial reaction to this post was "Yea, but Marvin would never sign a player off the street to start for this team! They're going to need at least 2 to 3 years in the system before they're good enough to play any regular season downs!"

But today, in this new Bengals world, where a rookie safety will be starting for us on week 1, despite having a veteran and respected presence already on the roster, I guess anything is possible haha.

This.  Plus the fact I think Marvin realizes what he has if they can just shore up the right side of that line.  

Whether or not he can convince MB to pry open that wallet is another conversation.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:30 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Can we realistically think we're going to get a quality starting OG that was somehow cut from another teams roster meaning they most like weren't even the 4th best guard on that team? I mean we may get lucky but if we're hoping the answer for our season comes through cuts we're in trouble.

Obviously we're not going to find a pro bowler but someone serviceable should be available.  Again, the bar is pretty low at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My initial reaction to this post was "Yea, but Marvin would never sign a player off the street to start for this team! They're going to need at least 2 to 3 years in the system before they're good enough to play any regular season downs!"

Cedric Benson?  Dhani Jones?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Cedric Benson?  Dhani Jones?

Cedric didn't start for us until week 7. Dhani Jones is a fine example. So Marvins done it 1 time? It would take a bit of time to confirm this by going through all our cut down day signings over the years (not to mention hard to find definitively), but suffice it to say it is extraordinarily uncommon.
Reply/Quote
Maybe start trade talking with some teams?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe start trade talking with some teams?

This is why releasing George I.  confused me.  They could have traded him for a quality guard.   The only trade bait I see on the team would be at the running back position in Carson or Hill.  The other player that may appeal to some is MJ but his salary and age and declining performance would turn off most teams.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is why releasing George I.  confused me.  They could have traded him for a quality guard.   The only trade bait I see on the team would be at the running back position in Carson or Hill.  The other player that may appeal to some is MJ but his salary and age and declining performance would turn off most teams.  

idk the safety market has not been there and to trade George would have required that team to take his salary where as Minnesota signed him for peanuts
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is why releasing George I.  confused me.  They could have traded him for a quality guard.   The only trade bait I see on the team would be at the running back position in Carson or Hill.  The other player that may appeal to some is MJ but his salary and age and declining performance would turn off most teams.  

I would hope they looked into the option of trading him before they released him.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: who is the OG the bears just released

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/26/bears-cut-earl-watford-after-being-unable-to-trade-him/

I don't know much about him

Signed with Cleveland today.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk the safety market has not been there and to trade George would have required that team to take his salary where as Minnesota signed him for peanuts

This. When will people realize Madden isnt real life. Trades dont just happen because we want them to. If the Bengals were willing to cut him and he signed for pennies, what makes people think there was a huge market out there for him? Especially for a quality starting Olineman. We already say this offseason that teams arent willing to pay much for Safeties. 
Reply/Quote