Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard a Bill and now released
1 year contract $3.5 million max 5 million

they also signed Von Miller for 6 years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That was a cheap deal for Howard, curious is we simply didn’t have interest in him.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 08:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: That was a cheap deal for Howard, curious is we simply didn’t have interest in him.

low price too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And Von. Wow, the AFC just keeps getting more interesting!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Broncos, Chargers, Bills, Ravens, and Steelers all making some good moves. Browns oerhaps as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 08:11 PM)pally Wrote: 1 year contract  $3.5 million max 5 million

I am guessing the Miller deal has 3 voidable years allowing the to spread out his deal over 6 years (cap hits) versus only 3 years. More cap gymnastics
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Remember guys, only the Bengals have a cap.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I wonder why they dropped so much (even if funny money) on Miller and not a young up and coming DE… This signing seems more about the name then the value.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 08:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wonder why they dropped so much (even if funny money) on Miller and not a young up and coming DE… This signing seems more about the name then the value.

9.5 sacks in the regular season and 4 sacks in the playoffs. I think there is still gas in the tank. He is a freak and takes care of himself. I’d say 2 years of high end production. Who knows.

Fwiw he had an 88 pff in regular season and 92 in playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Wow, that hurts. 3.5 million is cheap, Bengals missed an easy upgrade from Sample.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 9.5 sacks in the regular season and 4 sacks in the playoffs.  I think there is still gas in the tank. He is a freak and takes care of himself. I’d say 2 years of high end production.  Who knows.

Fwiw he had an 88 pff in regular season and 92 in playoffs.

Yeah, the Bills don't need help getting to the playoffs. They need to sack Burrow/Mahomes/Wilson/Herbert/maybe Watson in the playoffs to get to a Super Bowl.

Von Miller's last two playoff years? 7 games... 9 sacks/1 INT/3 FF/8 TFL/12 QB Hits... 2 Super Bowl rings.

Dude is just another level. He's going to be a 1st ballot HoFer. Plus I highly doubt that the full 6 years of that contract are actually built to by seen through, I haven't heard how much of that is guaranteed yet. Wouldn't be shocked if it's either for cap manipulation sake, or just basically option years tacked on at the end.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Clearly we are waiting for Hooper

Reply/Quote
Really not understanding why the Bengals aren't going after guys like Howard and Moses with their cheap price tags.
I know there are still some guys out there, but it's concerning that they seem to be willing to either go with the guys they have or possibly wait until the draft to address.
Given I feel both the OT and TE class are weaker than most years, I'm not gonna be too happy if they wait until draft to get their starters.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Really not understanding why the Bengals aren't going after guys like Howard and Moses with their cheap price tags.
I know there are still some guys out there, but it's concerning that they seem to be willing to either go with the guys they have or possibly wait until the draft to address.
Given I feel both the OT and TE class are weaker than most years, I'm not gonna be too happy if they wait until draft to get their starters.

Because they signed elsewhere doesnt mean the bengals werent looking...  players with more than one option get to make a choice.

bills offense is arguably even more high powered than ours
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Because they signed elsewhere doesnt mean the bengals werent looking...  players with more than one option get to make a choice.

bills offense is arguably even more high powered than ours

My worry is the Bengals are being overly cheap after the additions of Cappa and Karras.
EDIT - If they just went ahead and let go of Waynes and Hopkins, it'd free up $16.8 mill in cap, putting them back up just over $30 mill, which is 7th highest in the league. But for some reason, they haven't really signed anyone or worth since Monday. I know they don't usually like to release a player until they have the replacement signed, but they still have plenty to sign someone before making the cut.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Really not understanding why the Bengals aren't going after guys like Howard and Moses with their cheap price tags.

Is it also about Zac's philosophy? We know the drill by now, he wants players who live for football and he exemplifies this as guys who practice hard and love it even during the mundane drills. We know Zac values his locker room culture. Perhaps there is something he knows about some of these players that makes him and Duke decide they aren't a right fit? Maybe it's not just about the salaries, the cap, Mike Brown ways, etc.?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is it also about Zac's philosophy? We know the drill by now, he wants players who live for football and he exemplifies this as guys who practice hard and love it even during the mundane drills. We know Zac values his locker room culture. Perhaps there is something he knows about some of these players that makes him and Duke decide they aren't a right fit? Maybe it's not just about the salaries, the cap, Mike Brown ways, etc.?

That's fair, but I was implying players in Howard's and Moses's price ranges.
Those prices seem rather fiscally conservative, and would be perfect costs for the Bengals who only have $13 mill in cap remaining before any cuts.
Guys like Gerald Everett have experience with Taylor and played in a similar system.
Guys like Daryl Williams came from a Bills teams that had won 24 regular season games the past two seasons he was there, plus multiple postseason games.
Billy Turner was on a team who had won 13 regular season games every season the past 3 years and helped keep Aaron Rodgers upright.
If you base a ton on those other things you mentioned, they might walk into the draft with huge needs, and potentially end up missing on their guys like when they had Ragnow stolen just a pick before in 2018 because everyone will know their needs and targets.

Just frustrating seeing talent go off the board for the prices they are and not coming to the Bengals.
Just feels like the Bengals are content with their starters at this point and just looking to address any more needs in the draft and probably some cheap depth signings in FA.
Hopefully I'm wrong though and they're just working out the details with some players. Seems odd though that we haven't heard about any player visits or even reported interest at this point.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 08:11 PM)pally Wrote: 1 year contract  $3.5 million max 5 million

wow. OJ was cheaper then UZO would have been? and IDK about a 6 yr contract for Miller...that sounds bad on surface.

Reply/Quote

If the market for guys like Moses and Howard is this soft, this early, prices are just going to continue to go down.  

The other thing is if they're trying to land a top T like Armstead or Collins, Moses takes them out of that.  

It's tough to grade moves that aren't made when we're so early in FA.  If the Bengals land Collins and Hooper, for example, then nobody really cares that they passed on Moses and Howard.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:14 AM)Whatever Wrote: If the market for guys like Moses and Howard is this soft, this early, prices are just going to continue to go down.  

The other thing is if they're trying to land a top T like Armstead or Collins, Moses takes them out of that.  

It's tough to grade moves that aren't made when we're so early in FA.  If the Bengals land Collins and Hooper, for example, then nobody really cares that they passed on Moses and Howard.

True, but do you believe that's going to happen?
I have a gut feeling that RT and TE aren't filled before the draft or will be a FA people won't be excited about.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote