Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2
I'm looking it over. Best D Player will be gone. Butkus Award winner will be gone. How about Outland Trophy winner ? Jim Thorpe Award winner ?.....

Someone Round 1 pick always falls to the Top of Round 2. It could be any position. We need to be open minded and take the Best Available Athlete at the start of Round 2, because that is like an extra Round 1 Pick. We could use O Line or LB. This would be a great place to get a LB, but is there 1st Round Talent ? However the Best Player may not be OL or LB, and you take Best Player over needs.

After taking Burrow, the 1st pick in 2 needs to be a First Round players also. We need to come away with 2 First Round Talents, and get a good 2nd Rounder at the top of 3. No reaching down, Best Players On The Board.

Alabama has O Line and LBs, so it could be a one of them in 2. I'm not that big on the Bama LB that was injured in 2019. Bengals have drafted too many injured players.

Someone good will fall to the Top Pick in 2, and THAT is like an extra Round 1 Pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:32 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm looking it over. Best D Player will be gone. Butkus Award winner will be gone. How about Outland Trophy winner ? Jim Thorpe Award winner ?.....

Someone Round 1 pick always falls to the Top of Round 2. It could be any position. We need to be open minded and take the Best Available Athlete at the start of Round 2, because that is like an extra Round 1 Pick. We could use O Line or LB. This would be a great place to get a LB, but is there 1st Round Talent ? However the Best Player may not be OL or LB, and you take Best Player over needs.

After taking Burrow, the 1st pick in 2 needs to be a First Round players also. We need to come away with 2 First Round Talents, and get a good 2nd Rounder at the top of 3. No reaching down, Best Players On The Board.

Alabama has O Line and LBs, so it could be a one of them in 2. I'm not that big on the Bama LB that was injured in 2019. Bengals have drafted too many injured players.

Someone good will fall to the Top Pick in 2, and THAT is like an extra Round 1 Pick.
Reply/Quote
Justin Jefferson or somebody on the o line
Reply/Quote
There's always a guy that is somewhat of a surprise that is still around. If an obvious first rounder slides down due to other positions rising, you take him.

In a perfect world, I would like to see one of the top LBs still on the board. I also would love to see a true RT on the board still as well.
Reply/Quote
My question. It's obvious everyone keeps saying "Burrows" is the man. But, what if MB doesn't want him? Has anyone ever known MB to go along with the norm? If the staff want's Burrows I'd be glad to see him here. But who knows what lurks in the mind of the man in charge!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:29 PM)firstand10 Wrote: My question. It's obvious everyone keeps saying "Burrows" is the man. But, what if MB doesn't want him?  Has anyone ever known MB to go along with the norm? If the staff want's Burrows I'd be glad to see him here. But who knows what lurks in the mind of the man in charge!

Last time we had the #1 pick - Carson Palmer.  Essentially the same trajectory as Burrow (no S on Burrow).

If we've leaned anything over the years, Mike Brown is a huge fan of the franchise QB.  I don't see how he won't approve the Burrow pick.
Reply/Quote
Too many unknowns at this point.

Do we trade Dalton and/or Green? If so, what do we get for them?
Do we sign a big FA? If so, what position?
Who do we lose to FA?

As of right now, I'd say our 2nd round pick should either by LB or OL. But signing a OL or LB in FA, or losing Green to FA, could move WR higher up the board. It'd be nice to bring Burrow to Cinci with one of his go-to guys.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
To me it comes down to the same thing it comes down to every year, how many QB's go in round 1? Is it 3? Seems kind of low. Is it 6? seems kind of high. I could see both of those situations happening though which can make a big difference. We should be rooting for 6 obviously because that means we will get ours plus another really good player getting pushed down.

The other variable to me in this draft specifically in the WR group. There could be a massive run on WR which would make pick 33 a value play at O line most likely in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: To me it comes down to the same thing it comes down to every year, how many QB's go in round 1? Is it 3? Seems kind of low. Is it 6? seems kind of high. I could see both of those situations happening though which can make a big difference. We should be rooting for 6 obviously because that means we will get ours plus another really good player getting pushed down.

The other variable to me in this draft specifically in the WR group. There could be a massive run on WR which would make pick 33 a value play at O line most likely in that scenario.

Burrow, Tagovailoa, and Herbert in Round 1 seem a given.  You're thinking other teams jump the gun on Eason, Love, and Fromm?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
BPA at either LB or OL. Or straight BPA if there is someone too good to pass up on at any position except maybe RB.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Burrow, Tagovailoa, and Herbert in Round 1 seem a given.  You're thinking other teams jump the gun on Eason, Love, and Fromm?

Hurts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Burrow, Tagovailoa, and Herbert in Round 1 seem a given.  You're thinking other teams jump the gun on Eason, Love, and Fromm?

I know for a fact Eason, Love, and Fromm are in consideration to be 1st round picks. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 05:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hurts.

No chance, he is a day 3 pick now who has a chance to sneak into the 3rd round with the right situation. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: No chance, he is a day 3 pick now who has a chance to sneak into the 3rd round with the right situation. 

I know his stock has fallen to death, I was merely mentioning another name.

I wouldn't touch him with a 50 foot pole.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably linebacker, but it depends on the value. Could easily go o-line, wr, or even cb. Pass rushers are always a premium area also. Kind of like what I am reading about Jonathan Greenard DE who played on a stingy Florida team.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 05:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know his stock has fallen to death, I was merely mentioning another name.

I wouldn't touch him with a 50 foot pole.

The stock was never as high inside the league as the general public thought. Scouts viewed him as the same guy he was at Bama not a the guy inside Riley's system. He still struggles working through progressions and would rather run than throw when his first read is covered. He also doesn't avoid contact well enough to survive long term with his running style.

Now if I am BAL would I used a 3rd/4th on him? Heck yea, he could plug in and be fine inside the system they have created there for short periods of time.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 05:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: The stock was never as high inside the league as the general public thought. Scouts viewed him as the same guy he was at Bama not a the guy inside Riley's system. He still struggles working through progressions and would rather run than throw when his first read is covered. He also doesn't avoid contact well enough to survive long term with his running style.

Now if I am BAL would I used a 3rd/4th on him? Heck yea, he could plug in and be fine inside the system they have created there for short periods of time.

The Browns want to bring in Greg Roman so a 3rd or 4th round pick to the Browns wouldnt surprise me if Roman ends up there. Everywhere he's went he has ended up with a Dual Threat QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I disagree it’s a given we’re going burrow rd1. Young and then love. But I’ll play ur scenario. Burrow and then one of Moses/Murray/Adams. 1st preference would be wade if hes there. You’ll call me a homer but nothing to do with that. All about the SCB huge need.
Reply/Quote
Best player available that isn't a RB, TE, QB, or K/P. Just let the board fall to us. If there's a QB that falls, be prepared to maybe trade back and pick up some more draft capital.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Sounds about right. Need to make a good choice.
Reply/Quote