Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Burrow #1, WHO first pick in 2
(12-31-2019, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk LB is pretty weak too.

Yes but this LB class is weak. The Bengals should get a LB (or two) in FA while still drafting one this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes but this LB class is weak. The Bengals should get a LB (or two) in FA while still drafting one this year.

The FA class at LB isn't much better. Not a good year to need a LB.
Reply/Quote
Herbert might end up being a good pro, but imo he's not a fit here at all. He's known to not be a vocal leader type at all. He doesnt have a lot of fire and passion, and to be honest, I just dont want a 21-23 year old kid from Eugene OR kid as the face of the Cincinnati Bengals. They can raise them to be pretty emotionally soft in that area, I know because I lived there. I want the Ohio kid hands down. We need someone who can feel at home playing in cold weather. Someone who understands and relates to the fan base better, but overall I want a QB with some fire and Burrow seems to have it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:16 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Yes! Herbert and another top 15 talent > Burrow

Herbert looked absolutely AWFUL after the first drive yesterday (even then, had 2 throws that could've been picked).

Great athlete, rocket arm and knows when to use his legs, but is a bit inaccurate at times and makes horrid decisions.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:29 PM)firstand10 Wrote: My question. It's obvious everyone keeps saying "Burrows" is the man. But, what if MB doesn't want him?  Has anyone ever known MB to go along with the norm? If the staff want's Burrows I'd be glad to see him here. But who knows what lurks in the mind of the man in charge!

Somehow in this draft,we need to work at making our D-line a complete all-pro championship line,teams that are always in the playoffs have dominate D-lines that can constantly disrupt the qb and cause havoc.I would upgrade both lines as much as possible and get a dominate super fast linebacker and safety.I like the safety with the number one on his jersey from The Ohio State University.He is a for sure stud.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 01:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. Especially if the other top 15 talent is a John Ross or Keith Rivers type pick.

I guarantee Burrow would go on to be one of the best young QB’s in the league somewhere else if we’re stupid enough to pass on him.

Herbert only put up 138 yds in the Rose Bowl. That’s like one quarter for Joe Burrow lol

I'm not really an Hebert guy.   The guy I want is Burrow.

But I thought Hebert looked better than many of you think.   He had a few bad balls, but he had a lot of good balls that were dropped.   He has an amazing arm and I think will turn out better than many of you think.

Still want Burrow.   He's got all the intangibles I want and is extremely accurate.  He's a true leader and will continue to grow in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 05:35 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Somehow in this draft,we need to work at making our D-line a complete all-pro championship line,teams that are always in the playoffs have dominate D-lines that can constantly disrupt the qb and cause havoc.I would upgrade both lines as much as possible and get a dominate super fast linebacker and safety.I like the safety with the number one on his jersey from The Ohio State University.He is a for sure stud.

Okuda is a stud for sure. You arent getting him unless you pick him first or trade down no lower than pick 3 or 4. Most mocks I have seen have him going 3rd over all so no chance of getting Burrow and Okudah.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A couple prospects at #33:
Xavier McKinney (DB)
Mekhi Becton (OT).........would be happy with this
Hamsah Nasirildeen (DB)
Tyler Johnson (WR)

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 10:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: The FA class at LB isn't much better. Not a good year to need a LB.

Agree but do think a solid OL will slip out of 1st this year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Becton, kindley, Moses (might not be staying now) maybe Simmons

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Herbert looked absolutely AWFUL after the first drive yesterday (even then, had 2 throws that could've been picked).

Great athlete, rocket arm and knows when to use his legs, but is a bit inaccurate at times and makes horrid decisions.

To me this isn’t a question of Burrows vs. Herbert. Burrow is better period.

The question is would you rather have a Burrow or Herbert AND a second 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick. To me, I am leaning towards the later.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:08 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: To me this isn’t a question of Burrows vs. Herbert. Burrow is better period.

The question is would you rather have a Burrow or Herbert AND a second 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick. To me, I am leaning towards the later.
... yeah, Imma gonna have to go with Burrow on that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Herbert looked absolutely AWFUL after the first drive yesterday (even then, had 2 throws that could've been picked).

Yep,

I watched Hebert a good bit in the final weeks of the season and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. He threw 2 pics in the one game I was watching and they were just jaw dropping WTF throws. And he should have had a couple more but the DB's dropped em.

For a guy with all the snaps he has as a starter it's a real eyebrow raising problem.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:08 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: To me this isn’t a question of Burrows vs. Herbert. Burrow is better period.

Burrow 100% not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
It's likely a solid guard falls to us in round 2 to pair with Burrow. If we could fix the offensive line this year and get our QB of the future that would be pretty dang good. Extend Mixon and Green. Our skill positions are set for the next couple years; if we can develop the offensive line our offense should be trending upward going into 2021, where we can grab a linebacker at the top of the draft. The value isn't there this year in the draft for LB, but it's there for WR and other positions. I 'd draft BPA and hopefully that guard falls in round 2 for us.
Best case scenario for me is:
1) Burrow
2) future all pro guard
3-5) WR/DB/LB
We likely end up with a linebacker like Bachie in the 4th/5th Hopefully we can pick up a decent FA linebacker, but it's likely we have to kick the can down the road to next year in the 1st round.
The wild card is if we decide to trade Dalton. Maybe we can manage a linebacker out of the deal.
Reply/Quote
Viewed a recent mock with the Bengals getting JB at #1, Mekhi Becton OL Louisville with #2, and Trey Smith OL Tennessee with #3.

Wouldn't mind that at all to start. Williams coming in, the addition of Johnson,Prince, and Jordan. Oline getting young and strong very quickly.
Reply/Quote