Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OL guru believes answer to the unit is already on the roster
https://stripehype.com/2020/09/18/bengals-ol-guru-answer/
Reply/Quote
Worth a shot
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, it is hard to believe that anyone we'd toss out to the right side would perform worse then Johnson and Hart have.

Bring back Andre Smith at this point, they have to do something to protect their QB or the pick will end up as a waste.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I said this before, Hakeem will be the best OL on this team in a year or so...he has tremendous footwork.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Whatever they do it should be done quickly. Hart is not going to get better and losses stack up pretty damn fast.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 06:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whatever they do it should be done quickly. Hart is not going to get better and losses stack up pretty damn fast.

Yes sir

The time is now to at least try and fix this. 
Reply/Quote
would rather roll with the guy with potential. Will he struggle? Yes, but if we see some good then there is something to work with. It usually takes lineman at least one off season to get the nfl strength needed but game time would be priceless.
Reply/Quote
May as well get his reps in now. This season was always gonna be a losing season as we develop the QB and other youngsters. Get started here too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Whatever gives us the best chance to not get Burrow killed.
Reply/Quote
Definitely should be giving Adeniji a shot at RT. Hart has been piss poor at pass blocking for 3 years in a row. Time for that experiment to end. He just doesnt have it. Maybe try him on the inside, perhaps he would do better at RG. If not bench his ass and cut him in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Did he ever play any RG in college?

Reply/Quote
Anyone have any data on what Adeniji has done in his limited snaps, thus far? I do know that they were using him as a 3rd TE some.

I feel like we have the Left side figured out, with Williams and Jordan. I think that as they continue to amass reps and build their chemistry, their rating numbers will both climb dramatically. Now, if we can only get that Right side settled. Hopefully, Adeniji is the one to make that happen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jim Turner needs to do some soul searching, drop the ego, and simply use this long week to find out who the best five linemen are and work their butts off. I don't care if the Bengals start five rookie linemen or five scrubs from other teams' practice squads so long as Joe Burrow stays upright and Joe Mixon has some holes to run through.

This offensive line situation has given me such butthurt over the past five seasons because that was the Paul Brown secret to success. In Cleveland he put emphasis on line play and the Browns won multiple titles. Even in his years with the Bengals, Paul Brown brought the best linemen to the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:35 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jim Turner needs to do some soul searching, drop the ego, and simply use this long week to find out who the best five linemen are and work their butts off. I don't care if the Bengals start five rookie linemen or five scrubs from other teams' practice squads so long as Joe Burrow stays upright and Joe Mixon has some holes to run through.

This offensive line situation has given me such butthurt over the past five seasons because that was the Paul Brown secret to success. In Cleveland he put emphasis on line play and the Browns won multiple titles. Even in his years with the Bengals, Paul Brown brought the best linemen to the team.

We had good OL’s here for years here under Marvin and Alexander. It really is weird how it could just completely fall off a cliff like it did.

Reply/Quote
Lapham seems pretty high on Adeniji.  I am still in complete confusion over Price not starting at RG.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We had good OL’s here for years here under Marvin and Alexander. It really is weird how it could just completely fall off a cliff like it did.

That’s an outstanding analogy. Something snapped after that playoff game against Pittsburgh and the Bengals never did get back on track with the exception of the first few games of 2018.

The line play looks “different” of late and I think it’s partly the wrong personnel and partly the wrong scheme. This is a deadly combination. Defensive linemen and linebackers are bigger and faster than ever and whatever Jim Turner is coaching them to do isn’t working. Pass protection is terrible but run blocking is even worse; the Bengals only managed 68 rushing yards against Cleveland. No team can win that way. Nick Chubb had double that many yards all by himself.

Also, think about this: How good can the Cincinnati defensive line get if they practice daily against the awful offensive line?
Reply/Quote
I don't know if Adeniji is the answer or not but what's it going to hurt to give him a shot. Keeping Burrow upright should be the top priority for this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lapham seems pretty high on Adeniji.  I am still in complete confusion over Price not starting at RG.

Well, for one he’s awful. Tongue

Obviously so is Fred Johnson, but there was much more prior evidence of it for Price.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s an outstanding analogy. Something snapped after that playoff game against Pittsburgh and the Bengals never did get back on track with the exception of the first few games of 2018.

The line play looks “different” of late and I think it’s partly the wrong personnel and partly the wrong scheme. This is a deadly combination. Defensive linemen and linebackers are bigger and faster than ever and whatever Jim Turner is coaching them to do isn’t working. Pass protection is terrible but run blocking is even worse; the Bengals only managed 68 rushing yards against Cleveland. No team can win that way. Nick Chubb had double that many yards all by himself.

Also, think about this: How good can the Cincinnati defensive line get if they practice daily against the awful offensive line?

That’s definitely part of why we keep falling for all the DL hype every year.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:35 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jim Turner needs to do some soul searching, drop the ego, and simply use this long week to find out who the best five linemen are and work their butts off.  I don't care if the Bengals start five rookie linemen or five scrubs from other teams' practice squads so long as Joe Burrow stays upright and Joe Mixon has some holes to run through.  

This offensive line situation has given me such butthurt over the past five seasons because that was the Paul Brown secret to success.  In Cleveland he put emphasis on line play and the Browns won multiple titles.  Even in his years with the Bengals, Paul Brown brought the best linemen to the team.

Isnt it crazy that what started the OL death spiral was that fu$ked up draft from 2015? where we took Ogblewie #1  and Fisher #2 then let Whit go and they have yet to figure this out??  + Tobin still has a job after that and other bad high draft picks (Price and Ross) .
If I were in the front office right now I would be all hands on deck to search for a FA OT or Trade for one in order to keep your prize rookie QB from getting really pounded and putting him on road to the Andrew Luck situation.   
Reply/Quote