Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! It's the Steelers defense in action!
(09-11-2015, 11:11 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Who's bringing up Andy, Tyler, and AJ?

I don't think anyone made any comparisons.

We're pretty aware where our players stack up.

Me.  This is the smack forum...You talk about our players and we talk about yours.  Welcome, let me be your guide.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
This is some grade A embarrassing smack you Bengal fans are providing right here. rfaulk and EA Poe have provided top billing for you ladies and all they did was regurgitate something I said weeks ago.

Reply/Quote
It's just week one.....Pitts offense will be crazy good once Bryant and bell are back

The Steelers had zero pass rush all night, they gave NE 21 points due to their secondary being trash. The same could be said for the Patriots, they got torched pretty bad on some go routes a few times, their run defense looked horrible.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:22 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: If Gronk wasn't in that game, then they would have played well. But, unfortunately for Pittsburgh, he was there.

What the heck was up with leaving him so open on nearly every play? I'm baffled. That guy can kill ya!

I'd be steaming if it were the Bengals playing NE and they didn't have someone on Gronk all the time.

First TD was a botched cover.  Brady saw the Steelers weren't ready and snapped it quick.

Second was the Steelers stubbornly refusing to even try to hit Gronk at the line.

When I was a freshman going out for football I was shorter and fat and had never lifted a weight but I could get in under the senior linemen's legs and make a mess of the line of scrimmage.  Why a professional can't figure out to just go in from the snap and occupy him for a few seconds to throw any timing off is beyond me.

"I don't care how you do it!  Tell him a story, spit in his ear, entertain him, just keep him off my ass!"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...Dalton is not Brady.  Eifert is not Gronk.  AJ may be better than Edelman but again, Dalton is not Brady.

Steelers D did better than I was expecting.  I was looking for more of a 40+ Patriot score.

Brady was playing with regulation size balls and the Steelers were listening on their headsets... And they still couldn't stop them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:49 AM)Benton Wrote: Brady was playing with regulation size balls and the Steelers were listening on their headsets... And they still couldn't stop them.

To the radio broadcast of the game.  Not exactly the type of thing you want to hear.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: something something "hot garbage" something

(09-11-2015, 12:50 AM)E.A. Poe Wrote: BIG.....STEAMING.....PILE......OF.......PIG......SHIT!

Still the two best pieces of smack against the Steelers in this thread.   Yawn

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: First TD was a botched cover.  Brady saw the Steelers weren't ready and snapped it quick.

Second was the Steelers stubbornly refusing to even try to hit Gronk at the line.

When I was a freshman going out for football I was shorter and fat and had never lifted a weight but I could get in under the senior linemen's legs and make a mess of the line of scrimmage.  Why a professional can't figure out to just go in from the snap and occupy him for a few seconds to throw any timing off is beyond me.

"I don't care how you do it!  Tell him a story, spit in his ear, just keep him off my ass!"
Either way Gronk is a tough matchup. He's faster than most LBs and a lot bigger than most DBs.  It's tough to jam at the line. That skill goes both ways. There are only a few defensive players that are really good at it. And on the other side of the ball players are taught different techniques and positioning to get off the line. Some players are really good at that. Gronk is one of them.

Patriots are King of the short passing game. And the only way to beat that is to have DBs that can press and play man and have safeties playing closer to the line.
Easier said than done though.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:07 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Either way Gronk is a tough matchup. He's faster than most LBs and a lot bigger than most DBs.  It's tough to jam at the line. That skill goes both ways. There are only a few defensive players that are really good at it. And on the other side of the ball players are taught different techniques and positioning to get off the line. Some players are really good at that. Gronk is one of them.

Patriots are King of the short passing game. And the only way to beat that is to have DBs that can press and play man and have safeties playing closer to the line.
Easier said than done though.

I'll agree on every one of your points.  And that the Steelers don't have the players to do that yet.

I'm just suggesting ANYTHING different because what they were "trying" sure didn't work!   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'll agree on every one of your points.  And that the Steelers don't have the players to do that yet.

I'm just suggesting ANYTHING different because what they were "trying" sure didn't work!   Smirk

By the way...They did jam him at the line on the second TD.  He shed it and then beat a double team.  

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: By the way...They did jam him at the line on the second TD.  He shed it and then beat a double team.  

If they call that a "jam" they have a lot more work to do than I thought. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: If they call that a "jam" they have a lot more work to do than I thought. 

FFS...Can no one here read properly? 

(09-11-2015, 12:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: By the way...They did jam him at the line on the second TD.  He shed it and then beat a double team.  

You post as if they gave him a free release...which they did not.  

Reply/Quote
Come on guys, there's so much more to smack than just the D.

Genius decision by Colbert to trade for a veteran kicker that was going to be cut anyways to make sure the Steelers won't struggle with field goal attempts this year.

Also loved Ben shorting the deep ball by 3-4 yards on his choke job pick to seal the game. And people say Dalton can't throw the deep ball. That ball was a turd. Of course, in classic Ben fashion, he came back to lead a masterful stat padding drive with the game all but over to further cement his legacy as one of the greatest garbage time QB's in the league. A few more lame ducks like that one, and we'll have to change his nickname to Has Ben.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: And people say Dalton can't throw the deep ball.

People are correct.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:51 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: FFS...Can no one here read properly? 

You post as if they gave him a free release...which they did not.  

You say "shed"...I say halfheartedly tried to "jam".  (32 second mark)

I little love tap with the shoulder?  Hit the guy. And figure out who is "covering" him before the snap. That would help too.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:57 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Still the two best pieces of smack against the Steelers in this thread.   Yawn

I just didn't feel like pointing out how AB was shut down until the last drive, with a 14 pt lead, when the Pats just allowed everything to be completed underneath to drain the clock. 

I figured he was embarrassed enough. Well, probably not, but he should be. 

And i didn't want to drudge up how the secondary was not only a sieve, they couldn't even understand that they should probably cover the Pats most dangerous receiver. 

I'm just nice like that. :)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...Dalton is not Brady.  Eifert is not Gronk.  AJ may be better than Edelman but again, Dalton is not Brady.

Steelers D did better than I was expecting.  I was looking for more of a 40+ Patriot score.

yeah i expected them to drop 50 on that D
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:54 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: To the radio broadcast of the game.  Not exactly the type of thing you want to hear.

Hearing the other side's media mock how porous your secondary is would upset me, too.

I wouldn't want to hear about that until the next morning.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
When the best player on the field for your team is DeAngelo Williams... you've got problems.

IS WHAT I WOULDA SAID BEFORE LAST NIGHT!

cat looked good haha.

Honestly it was a pretty close game if Scobee didn't Scobee Dobee wide right those kicks.

Ben throwing that bad pick didn't help either. My friend and I noticed that it was ALL Ben on that INT. WR had his man beat, and could have got a TD if it was thrown to the corner pylon, for some reason, the ball landed about 15 yards short of where it should have gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:31 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Me.  This is the smack forum...You talk about our players and we talk about yours.  Welcome, let me be your guide.

As expected, they continued their stellar pre-season play. Oh wait, it was not a pre-season game and counts. The Steelers offered up a huge pile of crap with an offense who could only score 21 points against a poor rebuilding defense and and a defense who the DC simplified the playbook for them, yet he could not dumb it down enough for these degenerates.

Defense = huge pile of crap
Offense = pile of crap
Special Teams (kicker) = huge pile of crap

Congrats your team created 3 piles of crap in week #1 so I am glad you are optimistic based on Steeler's defense not giving up 40 points to an OL with 3 rookies starting ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote