Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! It's the Steelers defense in action!
(09-11-2015, 02:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:
Quote:As expected versus in addition to pre-season,

WTF language is this?  Those are English words, but they are in an order that resembles no language.

Quote:the Steelers offered up a huge pile of crap with an offense who could only score 21 points against a poor rebuilding defense and and a defense who the DC simplified the playbook for them, yet he could not dumb it down enough for these degenerates.

Not as worried as you want me to be.  

Quote:Defense = huge pile of crap
Offense = pile of crap
Special Teams (kicker) = huge pile of crap
Congrats your team created 3 piles of crap in week #1 so I am glad you are optimistic based on Steeler's defense not giving up 40 points to an OL with 3 rookies starting ThumbsUp

That team that has three rookies on the O line will be of greater competition than anything the Bengals can field.  We can bank on that.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:31 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Me.  This is the smack forum...You talk about our players and we talk about yours.  Welcome, let me be your guide.

Your post is geared towards someone comparing their players to ours, when clearly no one has... The smack was weak and a little premature. I don't think you'll see very many Bengals fans putting Dalton and Eifert on the same level as Brady and Gronk.

If the day ever comes when I need a Steelers fan to guide me anywhere, thats the day that I give you all full permission to terminate my existence.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Youre post is geared towards someone comparing their players to ours, when clearly no one has... The smack was weak and a little premature. I don't think you'll see very many Bengals fans putting Dalton and Eifert in the same level as Brady and Gronk.

Here...I'll slow this down for you and provide some context:

We........Are.......In......The.....Smack.....Forum.

You guys are smacking our D...all well and good, but the reality is comparing your office to the Patriots is quite relevant.  I know this may be a mental leap for you so I'm going to provide you with some stepping stones so it's not so scary.

Our D will do just fine against your O based on their performance last night.  See they stunk pretty bad...but that's good enough when it comes to your O.

Smack.

Reply/Quote
Although it wasn't smack... It was a fact, your defense wasn't that great last night.

But im sure this was all due to the interference on the headsets right?

Smack.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:22 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: That team that has three rookies on the O line will be of greater competition than anything the Bengals can field.  We can bank on that.

You should focus on your defense stopping the 49ers or anyone in the NFL in 2015 and getting a win in week #2. Based on last night, the Steelers on now officially on a level playing field with the Browns, but in reverse. Browns will have a very good defense with a crappy offense and Steelers have shown they have a very good offense with a crappy defense

This was playing with no health issues on defense so you better pray no injuries to any of your best mediocre defenders
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:
Quote:You should focus on your defense stopping the 49ers or anyone in the NFL in 2015 and getting a win in week #2.
Is this even serious.  What would my "focus" on those things have anything to do with them doing it.  Are you going senile in your old age?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote:  See they stunk pretty bad...but that's good enough when it comes to your O.

Smack.

(09-11-2015, 02:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Although it wasn't smack... It was a fact, your defense wasn't that great last night.

But im sure this was all due to the interference on the headsets right?

Smack.

Great retort there... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:54 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: To the radio broadcast of the game.  Not exactly the type of thing you want to hear.

And it seemed to be helping. They looked lost once they had to rely on input from their own people.

Maybe the Steelers should just listen to the games on local radio?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 08:52 PM)Benton Wrote: And it seemed to be helping. They looked lost once they had to rely on input from their own people.

Maybe the Steelers should just listen to the games on local radio?

Maybe one day the Bengals will find their one thing that helps them play well....probably not though.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers looked good because Ben had to scramble the whole game? Hmm, I thought a scrambling QB usually meant the receivers failed to break cover (in this case by a lackluster secondary!).

Speaking of lackluster secondaries, did you see the Steelers D play last night? Big. Steamy. Pile!

Brady broke or tied several records in that game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 09:45 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Maybe one day the Bengals will find their one thing that helps them play well....probably not though.

The Steelers defense?   Smirk
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 09:45 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Maybe one day the Bengals will find their one thing that helps them play well....probably not though.

If only we could play that Steelers D.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:50 AM)E.A. Poe Wrote: BIG.....STEAMING.....PILE......OF.......PIG......SHIT!

(09-11-2015, 09:48 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: The Steelers looked good because Ben had to scramble the whole game? Hmm, I thought a scrambling QB usually meant the receivers failed to break cover (in this case by a lackluster secondary!).

Speaking of lackluster secondaries, did you see the Steelers D play last night? Big. Steamy. Pile!

Brady broke or tied several records in that game.

Did you forget?  Or are you just dumb?

Never mind....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, a cosmetic TD, in garbage time does not equal 'playing them tough'.

If a couple of those lengthy, time consuming drives would have resulted in points, you may have had a point.
It wasn't the offense's fault that 2 makeable field goals were missed. Blame the offense for forcing 3 field goal attempts instead of getting TDs, especially from the goalline, but the game not being 6 points closer was he kicker's fault.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...Dalton is not Brady. Eifert is not Gronk. AJ may be better than Edelman but again, Dalton is not Brady.

Steelers D did better than I was expecting. I was looking for more of a 40+ Patriot score.
Definitely better than I expected. The Patriots took advantage when the Steelers couldn't line up right, but didn't very little when the defense did. No run game at all. They got their short passes and created mis-matches, but their strength as an offense is our weakness on defense. I thought they would score 48.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just didn't feel like pointing out how AB was shut down until the last drive, with a 14 pt lead, when the Pats just allowed everything to be completed underneath to drain the clock. 

I figured he was embarrassed enough. Well, probably not, but he should be. 

And i didn't want to drudge up how the secondary was not only a sieve, they couldn't even understand that they should probably cover the Pats most dangerous receiver. 

I'm just nice like that. :)
He had his 5 catch 50+ yard streak kept alive about half way through the 2nd quarter. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 09:24 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Definitely better than I expected. The Patriots took advantage when the Steelers couldn't line up right, but didn't very little when the defense did. No run game at all. They got their short passes and created mis-matches, but their strength as an offense is  our weakness on defense. I thought they would score 48.

The blue print for beating the Steelers defense the past few years has been run minimally as run defense is good.

So anytime with a strong passing attack can just throw 50 times and thrash the Steelers defense.

The only good news is that run defense as teams won't be able to run the ball and use clock in the 4th quarter to protect leads. The bad news is the Steelers won't be able to prevent comebacks when team throw in the 4th quarter to catch up.

All in all, the Steelers looked like an 8-8 team and not a Super Bowl contender.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:30 PM)Benton Wrote: If only we could play that Steelers D.

twice last year...sweep.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 09:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The blue print for beating the Steelers defense the past few years has been run minimally as run defense is good.

So anytime with a strong passing attack can just throw 50 times and thrash the Steelers defense.

The only good news is that run defense as teams won't be able to run the ball and use clock in the 4th quarter to protect leads. The bad news is the Steelers won't be able to prevent comebacks when team throw in the 4th quarter to catch up.

All in all, the Steelers looked like an 8-8 team and not a Super Bowl contender.

In the last ten years one QB has thrown the ball 50 times plus against the Steelers....he lost.

[Image: 50plus.jpg]

Since 1960 QB's that have thrown for 50+ against the Steelers are 4-8.

[Image: 50plusa.jpg]

Next.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 09:28 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He had his 5 catch 50+ yard streak  kept alive about half way through the 2nd quarter. LOL

Who cares about a streak of 5/50? He was kept in check until he got a garbage time TD at the end of the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote