Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG-Total classless Steelers
(01-08-2023, 09:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't doubt for a second you're qualified. I don't really know who is or who isn't. I know my wife is and from 4 feet away she said that should only be done under certain situations and if a defib is around, which one was at the stadium, they would have never even considered it. 

As I said earlier, no one knows the intent. But looking at that celebration, given the way Ossai rolled over on his back and how Pratt appeared to be waving for help; it appears to me to be mimicking a life-saving event. 

Folks can disagree and that's fine, but we can save our credentials and our insults.

Even if that's what the Bengals (questionable) or Steelers (certainly) were doing, they very well may have done it to celebrate the first responders. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said earlier, no one knows the intent. But looking at that celebration, given the way Ossai rolled over on his back and how Pratt appeared to be waving for help; it appears to me to be mimicking a life-saving event. 

Folks can disagree and that's fine, but we can save our credentials and our insults.

Even if that's what the Bengals (questionable) or Steelers (certainly) were doing, they very well may have done it to celebrate the first responders. 

Well...i was just disagreeing with you. :)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hey everybody! I found a place where all the great accomplishments of the Steelers are collected up in one place.

It’s called The History Channel.
Reply/Quote
Yes, clearly the Bengals players were simulating a first aid precordial thump in their touchdown celebration.

Heard that next week celebrations they will be providing the proper placement of a tourniquet and address emergency procedures of a breech birth.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Anyone watching FNIA and did they bring it up?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyone watching FNIA and did they bring it up?

I am. Didn't see anything about it, but Rodney Harrison has a job there, so it is not like they are running a high value operation. 
Reply/Quote
ClappingClappingClapping
Reply/Quote
The difference is quite clear

Steelers were clearly and purposefully imitating CPR

Bengals were pounding on each other with excitement. There was no intent to imitate anything. The only similarity is the position of Joe Ossai. There is NO way any of our players would have mocked last Monday if only out of respect to Tee Higgins and Damar's other friends on the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said earlier, no one knows the intent. But looking at that celebration, given the way Ossai rolled over on his back and how Pratt appeared to be waving for help; it appears to me to be mimicking a life-saving event. 

After an interception or fumble recovery, the defense always waves for everyone on the defense to go to the end zone and celebrate. To give the impression that Pratt was waving for help, as if mimicking what happened Monday Night, is very demeaning of him. Next time, please watch what  happens whever the defense gains possession via an interception or fumble recovery. One of the players waves for everyone to join them in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
Well, the Steelers celebration is being picked up by the media:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/steelers-player-celebrates-sack-cpr-simulation-days-damar-hamlin-incident
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:05 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The funny thing ,Mixon will get fined for his celebration but these guys won't.

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
I just gotta ask a question.

Do folks really think The Steelers did that to mock the Hamlin incident?

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, they're fans; they get emotional. We all do from time to time. I just dislike when it's supported. 

So tell us, which part looked like the proper procedure for a precordial thump?
The steelers were clearly imitating CPR. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just gotta ask a question.

i would like to believe that they were doing it cause their season was on life support and it was a celebration they were still hanging on and had nothing to do with Damar, but never know with those azzholes
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just gotta ask a question.

No. He could have easily done it in the heat of the moment, not even thinking. With everything else that gets blown up on social media, why shouldn't that?

Plus, i'm tired of all the Steelers love because they beat a bunch of scrub teams late in the year, while they have the history they do and so much is just swept under the rug or winked at. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So tell us, which part looked like the proper procedure for a precordial thump?
The steelers were clearly imitating CPR. 

Hell, I'm just glad I could teach all the certified lifesavers a new term when it comes to returning the heart to a "regular" beat. Many didn't want anyone pounding on their chest. I hope we all learned a valuable lesson.

The more I look at it, the less it looks like a mimic of a life-saving reenactment. But when I see one dude laying prone,c another dude pounding on his chest, and a 3rd dude motioning for others to assemble. I see a live-saving incident.

My issue is with how folks that disagree can act like asses. What have we become as a forum 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I'm just glad I could teach all the certified lifesavers a new term when it comes to returning the heart to a "regular" beat. Many didn't want anyone pounding on their chest. I hope we all learned a valuable lesson.

The more I look at it, the less it looks like a mimic of a life-saving reenactment. But when I see one dude laying prone,c another dude pounding on his chest, and a 3rd dude motioning for others to assemble. I see a live-saving incident.

My issue is with how folks that disagree can act like asses. What have we become as a forum 

yessir. if you say an opinion folks dont like on here, the pitchforks come out
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I'm just glad I could teach all the certified lifesavers a new term when it comes to returning the heart to a "regular" beat. Many didn't want anyone pounding on their chest. I hope we all learned a valuable lesson.

Yes. The lesson being, that procedure can do more harm than good. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. The lesson being, that procedure can do more harm than good. Ninja

No doubt, just look what it did Monday night... 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt, just look what it did Monday night... 

Oh, wait. You're saying they did that. Nvm, i thought you were speculating. 

Reply/Quote