Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG-Total classless Steelers
(01-08-2023, 09:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah. He’s a student equipment manager. Dream job.

Awesome! Bet you're a proud papa. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Awesome! Bet you're a proud papa. LOL

Happy for him for sure. Sidelines at the Super Bowl is hard to beat.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They're literally punching at him. Quit trying to create something that isn't there.

I'm not trying to create anything; simply replying.

You guys do know that the 1st responder that brought dude back did so by pounding on his chest?

It's what you do to try to restart the heart
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That is f****** disgusting. Way too soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not trying to create anything; simply replying.

You guys do know that the 1st responder that brought dude back did so by pounding on his chest?

But not his helmet and arms correct?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not trying to create anything; simply replying.

Do you also slap and punch them in the helmet? Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Do you also slap and punch them in the helmet? Rolleyes
I did.

Did you not see him punch dude's chest and motion for assistance?

WTS, I'm done. I know how this goes. WHO DEY!!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But not his helmet and arms correct?

And not with a single arm.

As someone who is first aid certified, I can guaranteed you that the Bengals defender did nothing that looked like CPR.

And no one with half a brain or more would think it looked like it, either.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:47 PM)Leon Wrote: that looks like they pounding on his chedt. no a good look after what happened. i hope im wrong 

Yes. You're wrong. They were swinging their arms with their fists clenched, simulating punches being thrown.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did.

Did you not see him punch dude's chest and motion for assistance?

WTS, I'm done. I know how this goes. WHO DEY!!

i agree with you. it didnt look good but im done to.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. You're wrong. They were swinging their arms with their fists clenched, simulating punches being thrown.

maybe but i also think bfine had good points to
Reply/Quote
Start at the :11 mark. They were throwing punches to him. Not in any way like the double hands of CPR. People are idiots.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And not with a single arm.

As someone who is first aid certified, I can guaranteed you that the Bengals defender did nothing that looked like CPR.

And no one with half a brain or more would think it looked like it, either.

You guys most likely didn't make it to Precordial Thump during your first aid certification.

I read a first-hand report of Hamlin's resuscitation and the dude pounding his chest was credited with saving his life.

We can disagree with what we see and none of us know the intent, but when I see that it appears to simulate restarting a heart.

And there's zero reason to insult anyone replying to what they see.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:28 PM)Leon Wrote: maybe but i also think bfine had good points to

You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em

Reply/Quote
Swinging left and rights is not CPR. Been training in administration since the mid-90's and not a complete dumba$$ for 15 years. Anyone trying to say what the Bengals did is anywhere close to CPR needs to send the video the their local fire station and insist this is how you want it done should they need to come to your house for a cardiac arrest.

Some people just go from bad to worse.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys most likely didn't make it to Precordial Thump during your first aid certification.

I read a first-hand report of Hamlin's resuscitation and the dude pounding his chest was credited with saving his life.

We can disagree with what we see and none of us know the intent, but when I see that it appears to simulate restarting a heart.

And there's zero reason to insult anyone replying to what they see.

So, did you notice in class when they said that the only time that's used is when a defibrillator isn't available?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We definitely did it. This thread will not age well

(01-08-2023, 09:04 PM)Leon Wrote: the bfine guy thought they did it to so wasnt only me. after the video i dont think they wrre but punching the chest probly still not a good idea after what happen

Not even remotely in the ball park..

When a team recovers a fumble, it's very common for players to jump on them and put their hands on them to "protect" them from getting slammed by another player from opposing team and possibly losing the ball. That is what i see, the punching slapping after was just that and had nothing to do with CPR.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, did you notice in class when they said that the only time that's used is when a defibrillator isn't available?

Hell. It appears I'm one of the few non-CPR experts in the forum; cause the experts around here think CPR is used to restart your heart during sudden cardiac arrest.

I'm not the one that said: "I went to class, I'm certified, you have half a brain, you're stupid"

When that dude ran to the field last week and started pounding on Hamlin's chest, he didn't have a difibullator in his pocket, 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell. It appears I'm one of the few non-CPR experts in the forum; cause the experts around here think CPR is used to restart your heart.

I'm not the one that said: "I went to class, I'm certified, you have half a brain, you're stupid"

When that dude ran to the field last week and started pounding on Hamlin's chest, he didn't have a difibullator in his pocket, 

I don't doubt for a second you're qualified. I don't really know who is or who isn't. I know my wife is and from 4 feet away she said that should only be done under certain situations and if a defib is around, which one was at the stadium, they would have never even considered it. 

Reply/Quote