Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTAs begin
Our first chance to see the new Zac Taylor era. Will there be any no shows? What will the players say? What will the coaches say? Granted I’m not expecting any real news but hope to get a better feel about the whole atmosphere down at Paul Brown Stadium.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Quote:What will the players say? 
Nobody ever says, "Happy to be here and wanna do anything that helps the team out. "
Instead they will say, "Doesn't it piss you off that I'm absurdly overpaid and I have absolutely no intention of contributing anything to this lousy team?!"
Nothing beats an optimistic outlook to start off the season with a bang...
Actually I pretty much expect the usual suspects saying stuff from the Big Book of Football Cliche's...You know...the completely unexpected..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 09:22 AM)pally Wrote: Our first chance to see the new Zac Taylor era.  Will there be any no shows?  What will the players say?  What will the coaches say? Granted I’m not expecting any real news but hope to get a better feel about the whole atmosphere down at Paul Brown Stadium.

well depends... is today open to the media? if not they might not say much we will get to hear.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 09:22 AM)pally Wrote: Our first chance to see the new Zac Taylor era. Will there be any no shows? What will the players say? What will the coaches say? Granted I’m not expecting any real news but hope to get a better feel about the whole atmosphere down at Paul Brown Stadium.

Not to get into a semantics war, but aren't these offseason workouts?

Aren't OTAs in June?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not to get into a semantics war, but aren't these offseason workouts?

Aren't OTAs in June?

they are Organized Team Activities....

But pretty much just workouts and taylor installing his new offense/   Defense guy installing Defensive schemes

Get to know the players  (reassess your needs before the drafT)
Reply/Quote
Now we can officially start hating on Zac Taylor....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
I’ll be honest, the expectations I have for this team are very low (6ish wins) for the upcoming season. With that being said, and it probably means nothing because I’m an idiot, when Zac Taylor speaks he inspires confidence. So here’s to hoping today is the beginning of that confidence transpiring to the team and it heightening their play on the field come September.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 03:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’ll be honest, the expectations I have for this team are very low (6ish wins) for the upcoming season. With that being said, and it probably means nothing because I’m an idiot, when Zac Taylor speaks he inspires confidence. So here’s to hoping today is the beginning of that confidence transpiring to the team and it heightening their play on the field come September.

He’s known for his motivation and also his intelligence. Will be a nice change from the days of clueless and lackluster coaching. Hopefully he will be the one to get the best out of them.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s known for his motivation and also his intelligence. Will be a nice change from the days of clueless and lackluster coaching. Hopefully he will be the one to get the best out of them.

What I wanna know is... Did we do some good things today?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:39 PM)jason Wrote: What I wanna know is... Did we do some good things today?

LOL Change is good.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 02:14 PM)jason Wrote: Now we can officially start hating on Zac Taylor....

The way he had those guys stretching before practice was an abomination! Do squats, THEN jumping jacks, not this bush league crap! Clearly ZT is in over his head here.
Reply/Quote
Just day 1 on the road to the AFC Championship game...…. Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Did AD throw an interception? Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 07:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The way he had those guys stretching before practice was an abomination! Do squats, THEN jumping jacks, not this bush league crap! Clearly ZT is in over his head here.

what professional sports team have you trained?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 09:14 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did AD throw an interception? Ninja

Does the sun come up from the east
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:27 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Does the sun come up from the east

Only in the Northern Hemisphere... backwards in the Southern Hemisphere.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well, all I can say is hopefully the season doesn't end with.. [Image: downinflames.jpg]
Keep your barf bags at the ready..

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just day 1 on the road to the AFC Championship game...…. Who Dey Who Dey

Cheers

Reply/Quote
A lot of good articles on the first day on the mother ship to get you excited on the new direction of the team.

Sounds like ZT won the players over.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:39 PM)jason Wrote: What I wanna know is... Did we do some good things today?

I want to know: did we "LET'S GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote