Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season
(08-10-2020, 06:30 PM)Synric Wrote: During the first 10 games Bobby Hart gave up 4 sacks 3 QB hits and 23 hurries for a total of 30 pressures with 6 games left to play which was the 8th worst pressure rate in the NFL. In 2018 he gave up 39 total pressures with 10 of them being sacks. While Bobby Hart didnt give up as many sacks in 2019 he still allowed alot of pressure on the QB. As a pass protector Hart went from one of the worst in the NFL in 2018 to merely below average in 2019....And hes a better pass protector than run blocker.

During the first ten games of the season Mixon only averaged 52 yards per game and less than 3.6 per carry.

I need full season stats and I need to see the full season stats of other players to compare.
Reply/Quote
Injuries put Wilson in the starting lineup at LB, he has 140+ tackles.

Darius Phillips scores 4 TDS

Defense holds Lamar Jackson under 80 yards rushing in both games combined

Joe Burrow throws 7TDs in one game

Bengals drop a 50burger on the Browns
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: During the first ten games of the season Mixon only averaged 52 yards per game and less than 3.6 per carry.

I need full season stats and I need to see the full season stats of other players to compare.

He was 8th worst with 30 pressures given up through 10 games 3 pressures a game average that would be 18 more through the last 6 games. 

Even if he improved drastically through those final 6 games and finished with 38 to 40 total pressures on the season and climbed all from 8th worst to 20th worst out of roughtly 64 qualifing tackles that is still back half of the league.

...and I repeat he's a better in pass protection than run blocking.

Edit: Apologies to the OP we got way off topic. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is open competition at every position.

No there’s not. Unless you think someone is going to take the starting job from AJ, or Mixon, etc based on what they do in camp.

Reply/Quote
- John Ross scores 6 TD's playing well throughout the season

- Hakeem Adeniji wins a staring guard job at some point

- The linebacker position still remains a relative mess throughout the season
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:27 PM)lone bengal Wrote: - The linebacker position still remains a relative mess throughout the season

Nothing bold about that one lol, highly likely imo!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nothing bold about that one lol, highly likely imo!

Agreed just seemed liked a lot of fans were drinking the cool aid. Some were acting like Josh Bynes is some great find even tho he's a journeyman linebacker. Also there been a lot of  hyping up Pratt, Wilson and Davis-Gaither even tho they could turn out like every other 3rd and 4th round backers we have drafted. Hope I'm wrong we had a great offseasn and it would have been impossible to fill every need. I hope the kids play well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:43 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed just seemed liked a lot of fans were drinking the cool aid. Some were acting like Josh Bynes is some great find even tho he's a journeyman linebacker. Also there been a lot of  hyping up Pratt, Wilson and Davis-Gaither even tho they could turn out like every other 3rd and 4th round backers we have drafted. Hope I'm wrong we had a great offseasn and it would have been impossible to fill every need. I hope the kids play well. 

Ya there’s a lot of high expectations on this group. Too high. I’m with you, it’s pretty insane to think we are going to suddenly figure it all out on D while also drafting the messiah at QB.

But hey, this is a bold prediction thread for fun! I think ADG and Wilson are going to be the next Willis-Bowman type combo!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:27 PM)lone bengal Wrote: - John Ross scores 6 TD's playing well throughout the season

- Hakeem Adeniji wins a staring guard job at some point

- The linebacker position still remains a relative mess throughout the season

Ross scored 7 in 13 games a couple years ago. If he stays healthy the entire season I think he has a lot more than 6.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:43 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed just seemed liked a lot of fans were drinking the cool aid. Some were acting like Josh Bynes is some great find even tho he's a journeyman linebacker. Also there been a lot of  hyping up Pratt, Wilson and Davis-Gaither even tho they could turn out like every other 3rd and 4th round backers we have drafted. Hope I'm wrong we had a great offseasn and it would have been impossible to fill every need. I hope the kids play well. 

(08-11-2020, 12:06 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya there’s a lot of high expectations on this group. Too high. I’m with you, it’s pretty insane to think we are going to suddenly figure it all out on D while also drafting the messiah at QB.

But hey, this is a bold prediction thread for fun! I think ADG and Wilson are going to be the next Willis-Bowman type combo!

I don't think we're going to be seeing a lot of Wilson and ADG this season. Maybe later in the year but not in the first half of the season. The good news for the LB crew is A.) There playing behind a really good D-Line and B.) It's a position that doesn't have to be great for a team to be successful. All they have to be is not complete poo and they will be an huge improvement over Brown and Vigil.
I foresee Shawn Williams playing LB a lot in Nickel this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 02:35 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't think we're going to be seeing a lot of Wilson and ADG this season. Maybe later in the year but not in the first half of the season. The good news for the LB crew is A.) There playing behind a really good D-Line and B.) It's a position that doesn't have to be great for a team to be successful. All they have to be is not complete poo and they will be an huge improvement over Brown and Vigil.
I foresee Shawn Williams playing LB a lot in Nickel this year.

So Pratt, Shawn Williams and who??? This lb group is a mystery to me
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 07:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Injuries put Wilson in the starting lineup at LB, he has 140+ tackles.

Darius Phillips scores 4 TDS

Defense holds Lamar Jackson under 80 yards rushing in both games combined

Joe Burrow throws 7TDs in one game

Bengals drop a 50burger on the Browns

Did you somehow know Waynes was going to be injured?  Hilarious  I love Phillips.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:17 PM)Synric Wrote: He was 8th worst with 30 pressures given up through 10 games 3 pressures a game average that would be 18 more through the last 6 games. 

Even if he improved drastically through those final 6 games and finished with 38 to 40 total pressures on the season and climbed all from 8th worst to 20th worst out of roughtly 64 qualifing tackles that is still back half of the league.

These are all just wild guesses.  I need to see some actual numbers.

After 10 games Mixon was 18th in rushing yards, but finished in the top 10.

His avergae per carry increased a full half yard from 3.6 to 4.1.

(08-10-2020, 10:17 PM)Synric Wrote: ...and I repeat he's a better in pass protection than run blocking.

You can repeat that as often as you want, but I don't see that either.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross scored 7 in 13 games a couple years ago. If he stays healthy the entire season I think he has a lot more than 6.

Hope so , just thought 6 would be good considering we have a healthy ,Green along with Boyd and Higgins. Plus if Mixon gets going we might rely heavily on the ground game. Skill position wise we have a lot of weapons to spread the ball too.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you somehow know Waynes was going to be injured?  Hilarious  I love Phillips.  

All of my predictions shall come true! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 10:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: All of my predictions shall come true! Ninja

Would love it!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 05:12 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So Pratt, Shawn Williams and who??? This lb group is a mystery to me
Bynes will get plenty of time in the base package. He has been a pretty good player over the years.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No he does not suck.  You are a perfect example of the people who love to make Hart a whipping boy.  You judge him by 2018 and ignore how much he improved in 2019

In 2019 Bobby Hart played 92 more snaps than he did in 2018 (1086 to 994), but even more important the Bengals had 85 more passing plays (attempts + sacks) than 2018 (664 to 579).  Yet Hart only allowed about a third as many sacks in 2019 as 2018 (4 to 11.5) and he cut his penalties in half (12 to 6).  Only 2 of Harts 6 penalties were holding.

There were 64 players that started at least 8 games as an OT last year and played at least 500 snaps.  If you look at snaps per (sacks allowed + holding penalties) Hart ranked 13th among those 64.  He also ranked 25th in sacks per snap. 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/2/18/21142328/2019-offensive-line-pass-blocking-review 

I see different stats for things like this.

Example 1 - Pro Football Reference (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HartBo00.htm):
0 holding penalties, 4 false starts, 7 total penalties

Example 2 - PFF (https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/bobby-hart/9659):
Sacks allowed - 6, 7 penalties

So based on what source(s) you look at, you might find different stats.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not arguing with the prediction as much as your perceived unfairness of him being a “whipping boy.”

Those who abuse like you always have an excuse for whipping people you don't know personally. It is a bold prediction thread, yet that is your stance. Weak and rude comments to justify your attack on Hart.

As for bold.
Boyd and Green get 1000 yards each

Defense foes from 1 of worst to top 12 unit measured by yards allowed

Hart becomes a top 15 LT

Hubbard gets 10 sacks

Bengals have a winning record
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 12:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hart becomes a top 15 LT

Fwiw, Hart is a RT. Jonah Williams is at the LT.
Reply/Quote