Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I think Coach Lewis returns
L must admit I'm surprised how many folks think Marvin has had better coaching seasons than this year. They must think more highly of him than I.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 07:22 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: FTFY. 

The Chiefs and Saints games were not competetive. 
Wasn't that the first two games that Marvin took over the play calling you expect things to turn around in one week after he has not called defensive plays on the regular since the early 2000's? The defense has improved little by little since he took over. I am all for getting new coaching next year I just do not see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said at the beginning of the season if we don't make the playoffs Lewis needs to go and I stand by that.

WTS: I think this has been his best coaching season since he came on board.

If we part ways he'll have his pick of DC jobs and possibly a HC interview or 2.
This. I wish he would of coached like this the whole time he would of been a much better coach by now and we might have won much more as well. He still needs to yank these guys that are playing like crap and getting flags on the regular to the sideline and Bi**h them out. 

P.S. Or at least let the other coaches do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Shocked

This is arguably the worst coached team of the Marvin Lewis era. The lack of organization, the lack of discipline, the blown leads, the likely losing season, the historically bad defense... I cannot recall or more poorly-coached team.

Can you please elaborate??
Its the going for it on 4th and 1 and the aggression he is not great at it because he has never been that way in his career but if he coached like that more he would be a much improved coach. The losing control of the team is from trying to hire friends like Austin and sticking by them as long as he could as the team put up historically bad numbers. Making a good defense look bad he has failed the team in this aspect. The flags which has killed this team this year is on him but its on other coaches as well. But I do like the Marvin Lewis of the last few games much better if Brown does keep him I hope the trend continues.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: L must admit I'm surprised how many folks think Marvin has had better coaching seasons than this year. They must think more highly of him than I.

Glad to see you’re able to properly explain why you feel this way Whatever unless you’re just pulling a Fred and trolling for attention...

I will gladly go on record and say that yes, Marvin has had better coached seasons. In fact, there were 7 seasons during his tenure that involved winning records and playoff appearances. Granted, Marvin was greatly aided by competent coordinators and talent across the board but still: how you can say this is his best coached season (a season riddled with BS penalties and poor play overall) makes no sense IMO.

You’ve got to be trolling
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:18 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Its the going for it on 4th and 1 and the aggression he is not great at it because he has never been that way in his career but if he coached like that more he would be a much improved coach. The losing control of the team is from trying to hire friends like Austin and sticking by them as long as he could as the team put up historically bad numbers. Making a good defense look bad he has failed the team in this aspect. The flags which has killed this team this year is on him but its on other coaches as well. But I do like the Marvin Lewis of the last few games much better if Brown does keep him I hope the trend continues.

..... May I have a hit of that good stuff you got, Mr. Bong? Smirk
Reply/Quote
I want Marvin gone as head coach as bad as anyone, but if Hue Jackson is going to be the replacement, I'd just as soon keep Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 06:39 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I've read through many of the recent threads and conversations as to whether Lewis will be back, whether Hue Jackson might take over or whether a new head coach may be a possibility.

In my humble opinion, I think Coach Lewis will undoubtedly return for his 17th season as head coach of the Bengals. Given what has transpired this season with the amount of injuries and the unbridled failure of his defensive coordinator, I think Coach Lewis will feel obliged to return -- whether for reasons of pure ego or the simply the notion of unfinished business.

I don't think he wants this season to be the punctuation on his career in Cincinnati, much the same as last year. I think it more the case that he'll want one more attempt at riding off with that elusive playoff victory, or at the very minimum, a winning season.

I also think he will bring in yet another defensive coordinator to assume the duties that he now handles. What then to do with Hue Jackson? I think there is a very real possibility that he is named the Assistant HC and supplants Bill Lazor as offensive coordinator.

Of course, this is all purely conjecture on my part, but it is also what I find to be most logical as it pertains to what we know about how these situations tend to play out in the Bengals organization. I would be rather ecstatic to be proven wrong by ownership, as I feel the need for change has never been more pressing and the overall situation lends itself perfectly to making said change.

well if he keeps calling the defense the way he has....  Next year could be really good.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:39 PM)samhain Wrote: Then FO.  Can you honestly see Marvin in an analyst or broadcasting position?  Constant giggling and acting like everybody but you is an idiot won't be things viewers want to see when they watch ballgames.  He's boring and stale.  Nobody outside Cincinnati gives a rat's ass about him, and fewer in Cincinnati will want to see his face after the last few years.

Far be it from me to ever come to Marv's defense.  That's Fred's job.  But he might be better in the booth, with less attitude, because the pressure of coaching would be gone.  I'm not saying he would be good, just that it's possible he might.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote