Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Shames Voters
(10-02-2017, 11:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We had our oldest teased. This summer in a language camp.    By a group of children, we told her to give them a taste of their own medicine.   They all happened to have those fidgit spinners so I told her to ask them why they need those ****** toys.  She asked them what their disability was and why they weren't in the special ****** camp. It took one day and most of the camp were calling those children retards or disableds.   We got a phone call from the camp director about this and once I explained what happened she just asked if next time we would call her first.   We explained that we were not upset at the bullying by other children that we used it as a chance to teach our child how to deal with bullies.   Then she went on about safe spaces for all children and I just told her that we respectfully do not believe in safe spaces.   That was the end of it.  

The best part was our youngest was also at the same camp and was able to see what happened and how her sister turned the tables to get out of a tough situation.

Mellow

Jesus.

That is just awful.

You told your daughter to call other kids ******** and disabled because they teased her?

I'm sorry I asked.

Good luck.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-02-2017, 10:17 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, clear and consistent. You claimed we both need bullying and that there are better ways of dealing with someone than bullying. You claimed you only meant children should be bullied when you were clearly talking about bullying adults 11 days ago. You have clearly and consistently contradicted Lucie yet again.

Look it's cool that you love to stalk me all over the board. It was funny when you were taking photos and posting your personal documents and autos. But if you are not going to listen or take anything that I have posted on the bullying topic in context then you are just wasting everyone's time. We all know you keep a catalog of my posts..... you just posted something from over 2 years ago last week. If you want to post in context then by all means continue. If not then you are just spamming.
(10-02-2017, 11:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Jesus.

That is just awful.

You told your daughter to call other kids ******** and disabled because they teased her?

I'm sorry I asked.

Good luck.

Ah was I supposed to have her cry and just run to an adult so she can run for help for the rest of her life?

The line between bully and leader is pretty thin and the only way you knock off an alpha is by taking them down a notch.

She learned that this is how you take down a bully. She also learned that if you don't treat people with respect you can be treated this way.

We do a lot of leadership stuff in our home. We are big Jon Gordon people and preach the Energy Bus but at some point you need to put an end to a bully. Ignoring only goes so far.

Now if we found out she was terrorizing other children calling them retards then we would have a big problem and would take care of that straight away.
(10-02-2017, 11:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah was I supposed to have her cry and just run to an adult so she can run for help for the rest of her life?  

The line between bully and leader is pretty thin and the only way you knock off an alpha is by taking them down a notch.  

She learned that this is how you take down a bully.  She also learned that if you don't treat people with respect you can be treated this way.    

We do a lot of leadership stuff in our home.   We are big Jon Gordon people and preach the Energy Bus but at some point you need to put an end to a bully.    Ignoring only goes so far.    

Now if we found out she was terrorizing other children calling them retards then we would have a big problem and would take care of that straight away.

No, what you taught her is that the only response to a bully is to be an even bigger bully, and you did that by teaching her that using the word "******" is ok and that having a disability is an insult and something we should use to mock others for. 

There are ways to stand up for yourself in which you aren't a horrible person or a bully. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-02-2017, 11:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, what you taught her is that the only response to a bully is to be an even bigger bully, and you did that by teaching her that using the word "******" is ok and that having a disability is an insult and something we should use to mock others for. 

There are ways to stand up for yourself in which you aren't a horrible person or a bully. 

Good answer.  I can't talk to this "man" about this subject anymore.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-02-2017, 11:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, what you taught her is that the only response to a bully is to be an even bigger bully, and you did that by teaching her that using the word "******" is ok and that having a disability is an insult and something we should use to mock others for. 

The word ****** is ok to use, and having a mental disability is weird and shouldn't be normalized.

Dealing with a bully is like playing king of the mountain.

Nothing we told her do is horrible. The only horrible behavior was a group of bullies trying to pick on her. They won't make that same mistake again nor will anyone else from that camp.

And as I said if we find out she takes this behavior to bully others we will stop that quick smart.
(10-02-2017, 11:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Good answer.  I can't talk to this "man" about this subject anymore.

Good maybe you will get out of my alerts and go back to posting gifs and memes.
(10-02-2017, 11:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We had our oldest teased. This summer in a language camp. By a group of children, we told her to give them a taste of their own medicine. They all happened to have those fidgit spinners so I told her to ask them why they need those ****** toys. She asked them what their disability was and why they weren't in the special ****** camp. It took one day and most of the camp were calling those children retards or disableds. We got a phone call from the camp director about this and once I explained what happened she just asked if next time we would call her first. We explained that we were not upset at the bullying by other children that we used it as a chance to teach our child how to deal with bullies. Then she went on about safe spaces for all children and I just told her that we respectfully do not believe in safe spaces. That was the end of it.

The best part was our youngest was also at the same camp and was able to see what happened and how her sister turned the tables to get out of a tough situation.

This sounds like the script for a rejected made-for-tv after school special for the Lifetime Network.
(10-02-2017, 11:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Look it's cool that you love to stalk me all over the board. It was funny when you were taking photos and posting your personal documents and autos. But if you are not going to listen or take anything that I have posted on the bullying topic in context then you are just wasting everyone's time. We all know you keep a catalog of my posts..... you just posted something from over 2 years ago last week. If you want to post in context then by all means continue. If not then you are just spamming.

If you dislike me quoting you contradicting Lucie then I suggest you stop contradicting Lucie. The board keeps a catalog of everything you post. If you can use Google you can use this site's search function.

Yeah, that was a prime example of the reason younger generations perpetuate ignorant, prejudicial behavior.
(10-02-2017, 12:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The word ****** is ok to use, and having a mental disability is weird and shouldn't be normalized.    

Nothing we told her do is horrible.   The only horrible behavior was a group of bullies trying to pick on her.   They won't make that same mistake again nor will anyone else from that camp.  

And as I said if we find out she takes this behavior to bully others we will stop that quick smart.

****** isn't a word that's used anymore to describe intellectual disabilities nor is it ok to use as an insult. Having a mental disability isn't "weird" and those who have them should not be pushed to the fringes of society where little men mock them. 

Teaching a child to have others call a child horrible names is horrible. That in itself is bullying. 

(10-02-2017, 12:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The word ****** is ok to use, and having a mental disability is weird and shouldn't be normalized.

Nothing we told her do is horrible. The only horrible behavior was a group of bullies trying to pick on her. They won't make that same mistake again nor will anyone else from that camp.

So your daughter was being bullied by a group of kids and she turned the tables by calling their toys ********? Yeah, never happened. This is comical.
(10-01-2017, 09:38 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Sorry Dill/Hollo, but I didn't find a point here I could really agree with.

For starters I am not generalizing Trumps comments to the point that they have no content. Rather, I am asking you to show me how the content of his insults absolutely show that he is a misogynist.

It was never my intent to do so. I tried avoiding to say he absolutely is a misogynist and that this were undisputable to me. There's points to be found for both sides here. This, to me, is a grey area, and clear-cut misogynism only is the extreme on the scale. That Trump is associated with the more extreme side on the scale is on him and his past behaviour, not on Michelle Obama. This is quite undisputable to me, not that calling him a misogynist is the correct way to go.

I seriously questioned the importance of that question. And I still seriously doubt that debating the term misogynist at nauseum really is meaningful. In the end it's about taking issue with Michelle Obama. I would pledge for not caring too much about Michelle Obama in the first place, but here we are, debating terms.

You make a list about Trump's insults to prove your point... which is fair enough, I got what you wanted to prove, but the only thing I could really think of was "how could that guy make this remarkable list of Trump insults in an effort to show that calling him a misogynist was wrong... and somehow not lose his shit about the thing Trump does wrong on this list and forget all about that in the process." The irony is so astonishing to me, I can only explain that with the US's very special political landscape and who'd you have to agree with then. And I do know it's not fair to just keep falling back to that thought and put people in these boxes to sort things out, but I can't quite help it.

Having said that, your remarks drew a very clear picture about your thoughts on that matter. I could disagree in slighter degrees with some of your points and conclusions, but in the end the results of such a debate wouldn't really justiy the effort, and overall your point is well taken. I do remain on the position that Trump is close enough to be misogynistic that he really cannot complain too much about that word. (As soon as you brag about just walking into women's locker rooms unannounced, people will judge you and it's on you. And with Trump this is just the top molecule of the tip of the iceberg.) But I can follow your reasoning to a broad extent. What one might see as misogyny might really be a mere byproduct of another serious character flaw that in itself doesn't mean as much as misogyny.

Sadly I don't think that really makes matters any better - or Michelle Obama wrong.

(10-01-2017, 09:38 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Before I continue with this discussion I would like to make one important point here, and this is addressed to you as well hollodero. Just because I don't believe Trump is a misogynist does not mean I think he is a good guy, as you (Dill) seemed to make that comment in your follow up post to hollodero as an indirect reference to me. In addition to that, just because I am defending Trump does not mean I am a conservative, nor does it mean that I am trying to preserve some type of conservative ideology to defend against liberals at all costs.

I wouldn't have said "at all costs", and I didn't want to appear disrespectful. That assumption would be.
At some cost, however... :) Turning the debate into a terminology debate that usually never ends and slowly dissipates the initial Trump flaw are, in my experience, a frequently used conservative conversation technique to deflect from the fact that Trump's behaviour is getting more and more uncomfortable to minimize and explain and put in context or defend in any other way.
But now I come to believe your picture of Trump is quite similar to mine... so I might have been wrong about that one. You remain a mystery :)
(10-02-2017, 02:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So your daughter was being bullied by a group of kids and she turned the tables by calling their toys ********?  Yeah, never happened. This is comical.

My disbelief would stem from the fact that almost every kid has a fidget spinner, and this is at the high school level. 

I thought it was conservative to tell someone how to rear their children.

As a conservative; I cannot think of an instance where teaching my child to bully would be appropriate. Of course what one calls bullying another may simply be referring to being resolute (or at least I hope so)

BTW: How did this thread turn into a debate about bullying?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-02-2017, 02:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought it was conservative to tell someone how to rear their children.

As a conservative; I cannot think of an instance where teaching my child to bully would be appropriate. Of course what one calls bullying another may simply be referring to being resolute (or at least I hope so)

BTW: How did this thread turn into a debate about bullying?

The same way any thread ever turns into a debate about bullying. Lucie claims we need bullying. Except when Lucie disagrees with Lucie and claims there are better was of dealing with someone besides bullying them. Except, of course, when Lucie disagrees with Lucie for disagreeing with Lucie.