Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama says no to bacon, bans pork
http://www.epictimes.com/2015/10/obama-orders-federal-bureau-of-prisons-to-stop-serving-pork/

In federal prisons. shockingly the Muslims love this decision. Lol.

Claims a survey showed the prisoners didn't like the taste of bacon lol. Who the heck doesn't like bacon.
(10-13-2015, 12:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.epictimes.com/2015/10/obama-orders-federal-bureau-of-prisons-to-stop-serving-pork/

In federal prisons.   shockingly the Muslims love this decision.  Lol.  

Claims a survey showed the prisoners didn't like the taste of bacon lol.  Who the heck doesn't like bacon.

We shouldn't even have federal prisons, they should be privately owned and operated so we can allow the free market to work its mystical power to make everything better.

(Went ahead and finished your post for you)
If bacon is awesome then prisoners shouldn't have it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-13-2015, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If bacon is awesome then prisoners shouldn't have it.

Too true. The story would have been much better if it would have said prisoners love pork so we took that ish away, you know, because they are in prison. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-13-2015, 01:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Too true. The story would have been much better if it would have said prisoners love pork so we took that ish away, you know, because they are in prison. 

I can imagine if Reagan took bacon away from prisoners he would be seen as a tough-on-crime badass rather than the pro-Muslim wimpy tyrant Obama is for doing so.
(10-13-2015, 01:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can imagine if Reagan took bacon away from prisoners he would be seen as a tough-on-crime badass rather than the pro-Muslim wimpy tyrant Obama is for doing so.

Yeah, but Reagan probably wouldn't have taken it away because they don't like it
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-13-2015, 01:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can imagine if Reagan took bacon away from prisoners he would be seen as a tough-on-crime badass rather than the pro-Muslim wimpy tyrant Obama is for doing so.

Where do you stand on serving them gruel and water?

What's ironic is that he takes bacon away but allows them to overcharge inmates for junk foods. Which just makes the poor even more poor.
(10-13-2015, 12:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.epictimes.com/2015/10/obama-orders-federal-bureau-of-prisons-to-stop-serving-pork/

In federal prisons.   shockingly the Muslims love this decision.  Lol.  

Claims a survey showed the prisoners didn't like the taste of bacon lol.  Who the heck doesn't like bacon.

Ah, going Old Testament on that ass. I thought you would be more supportive of Biblical values. 
I love pork. If I were forced to choose one animal to eat for all my life it would be the pig. I'm not a bacon fan, though. At least not pork belly. I like pork belly in other ways, but the typical American bacon I can live without.

Anyway, I don't see this as much of a thing. They were already down to only two pork products apparently. If they aren't really into it, oh well. Honestly, the pork industry has themselves to blame. Through their selective breeding and poor husbandry practices, the factory farm pork in this country is as flavorless as a chicken breast.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Quote:“Why keep pushing food that people don’t want to eat?” asked Edmond Ross, a spokesman for the prison bureau. “Pork has been the lowest-rated food by inmates for several years,” It also apparently got more expensive for the government to buy, although he did not provide specifics.

More expensive? Good enough reason for me. Feed them something cheaper.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2015/10/09/finally-the-government-has-decided-to-eliminate-pork-from-the-menu-in-federal-prisons/
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Bacon is highly erratic, price wise.
I've worked in a bacon plant for 26 years.
I've seen the price of bacon under $2 a pound to over $8 a pound.
I can see where an institution would want a more consistently priced product and if the prisoners aren't that thrilled with it they might as well do away with it.
If anyone has any bacon questions feel free to lay em on me...lol
(10-13-2015, 12:34 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Bacon is highly erratic, price wise.
I can see where an institution would want a more consistently priced product  and if the prisoners aren't that thrilled with it they might as well do away with it.

Haha your life experiences are awesome.
(10-13-2015, 12:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha your life experiences are awesome.

Thanks, I guess.
:blush:

I wish I knew how many millions of pounds of bacon I have actually touched.
Cool
(10-13-2015, 12:34 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Bacon is highly erratic, price wise.
I can see where an institution would want a more consistently priced product  and if the prisoners aren't that thrilled with it they might as well do away with it.

Is it true if you eat enough of it, you gain magical powers?
Oven or frying pan?
Is it true slabs of bacon are soaked in the tears of virgins to get that unique smell?
Uhm they are in Prison?

https://www.bop.gov/foia/national_menu_lun_din.pdf

This whole menu needs to be replaced:
Lunch: PB&J, 1 fruit
Dinner: Roman Noodles, 1 veggie
(the fruit and veggie is what ever is the cheapest in season at the time), you want better food that what's served, get your families to pay for it.

Gotta give them some incentives to never want to come back.
(10-13-2015, 01:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Is it true if you eat enough of it, you gain magical powers?
Oven or frying pan?
Is it true slabs of bacon are soaked in the tears of virgins to get that unique smell?

I have yet to meet anyone obtaining magical powers, but keep trying.
ThumbsUp

I prefer oven, but frying pan is ok if you rest the bacon on paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
When they do their quality checks, they use a microwave bacon rack.
Yes, we can taste test nearly every day.
Tongue

The unique smell is of my own musky odor.
There is nothing like a bath in brine and pork bellies.
Ninja

But seriously, ours is from actually being hardwood smoked.
That smell actually gets annoying.
(10-13-2015, 02:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have yet to meet anyone obtaining magical powers, but keep trying.
ThumbsUp

I prefer oven, but frying pan is ok if you rest the bacon on paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
When they do their quality checks, they use a microwave bacon rack.
Yes, we can taste test nearly every day.
Tongue

The unique smell is of my own musky odor.
There is nothing like a bath in brine and pork bellies.
Ninja

But seriously, ours is from actually being hardwood smoked.
That smell actually gets annoying.

We have a bacon manufacturer here (and country hams, city hams, etc). I met this girl once and she smelled like bacon. She had just gotten off work from the place. We started talking and I asked her out. When we went out, I was so disappointed, she smelled like vanilla or some other fruit chick smell. I was expecting her to smell like bacon. The night ended with me — alone — in the grocery aisle all misty eyed thinking of what could've been.

Sad
(10-13-2015, 02:21 PM)Benton Wrote: We have a bacon manufacturer here (and country hams, city hams, etc). I met this girl once and she smelled like bacon. She had just gotten off work from the place. We started talking and I asked her out. When we went out, I was so disappointed, she smelled like vanilla or some other fruit chick smell. I was expecting her to smell like bacon. The night ended with me — alone — in the grocery aisle all misty eyed thinking of what could've been.

Sad

Hah !
Yeah, that smell is alluring at first, but trust me when I tell you it wears off fast.
If you work in the smokehouse, you almost HAVE to keep your hair buzzed off, as the smell never comes out of it.
I will admit though, that if certain girl-parts smelled like bacon....... mwuuuuuhahhahaha !!
Big Grin
(10-13-2015, 02:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hah !
Yeah, that smell is alluring at first, but trust me when I tell you it wears off fast.
If you work in the smokehouse, you almost HAVE to keep your hair buzzed off, as the smell never comes out of it.
I will admit though, that if certain girl-parts smelled like bacon....... mwuuuuuhahhahaha !!
Big Grin

OH MAH GAWD..........that is the woman of my dreams. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I worked in the browning room once of the local packing house during my summer months in college.  That room ruined me on hot dogs, olive pimento bologna, and cured hams for a very long time.  I still cannot eat that bologna to this day without throwing up a little in my mouth.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-13-2015, 03:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I worked in the browning room once of the local packing house during my summer months in college.  That room ruined me on hot dogs, olive pimento bologna, and cured hams for a very long time.  I still cannot eat that bologna to this day without throwing up a little in my mouth.

See, this is why I can't wait to get a house and a smoker. I'm going to be making my own sausages and whatnot. I will control what goes into it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR