Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obnoxious Boston radio guys bashing Taylor
(01-07-2022, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only guys I am talking too here are a bunch of dudes on a message board.

Don't remember seeing any of you clutching your pearls whenever members here mock Tomlin.

JC, you never stop... Argue just for the sake of argument.  
Back on topic.. I hope we draw the Pats and smoke them.. I think we match up with them the best out of the, Chargers, Colts and Pats.. They won't be laughing then..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If the bengals have to face New England in the first round, be prepared for major disrespect from that fanbase and media.

Matter of fact, if they lose to cincy, their media and fanbase will have a meltdown. Some will even call for Bill’s head

"OMG BILL, YOU LOST TO A TEAM WHO HASN'T WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN 30 YEARS!!!!!! YOU'RE USELESS!!!! GTFO!!!!!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "OMG BILL, YOU LOST TO A TEAM WHO HASN'T WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN 30 YEARS!!!!!! YOU'RE USELESS!!!! GTFO!!!!!"

Pretty much. People will say it’s the darkest day in Belichek’s history as coach of new england
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 12:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I like that Taylor showed some emotion and he should. He was off to a rough start here the first 2 seasons and here we are division champs in year 3. Three years is a long time to put in the work and then to have it pay off in a great game at home that's pretty special. Everytime I say I'm all on board with Taylor he disappoints me so I'm not gonna say that. You could argue that we should've locked it up earlier with some games we let get away. But bottom line is we had an opportunity with 2 very tough games left to win the division and make the playoffs or take a seat and wait till next year. This team is special not only did we beat the Chiefs (who are among the elite) to win the division. But we went down 14 pts and couldn't stop them in the first half and this team didn't flinch and found a way to win.

I wasn't a Zac guy, but the turnaround all ready was changing my mind. This totally changed it. If he cares enough to get that emotional,  he is putting in the work.. Love they guy now...  Not gonna lie , I got a little tear eyed myself. Everyone was counting him out,  putting him with Nagy, and saying he was worst than Dave Shula. Good for Zac..
Reply/Quote
This thread amuses me.

So many posters who last season were all in on fire Taylor and keeping him wastes another year of Burrow's rookie contract and development, and this team won't win with Taylor. Now all those regular suspects are offended that a sports show in a different city took a shot at the Bengals head coach.

This reminds me of the scene in Animal House.

[Image: PlY-DkrFZwO9oClm4asePuUlIQQWP7ShxU70DJWs...cb0f9ce088]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This thread amuses me.

So many posters who last season were all in on fire Taylor and keeping him wastes another year of Burrow's rookie contract and development, and this team won't win with Taylor. Now all those regular suspects are offended that a sports show in a different city took a shot at the Bengals head coach.

Maybe people have changed their opinions about Zac as the season has progressed? Many posters admitted this in various "eat crow" threads and conversations. I don't think it's unordinary for emotions to change.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:50 PM)Tony Wrote: I wasn't a Zac guy, but the turnaround all ready was changing my mind. This totally changed it. If he cares enough to get that emotional,  he is putting in the work.. Love they guy now...  Not gonna lie , I got a little tear eyed myself. Everyone was counting him out,  putting him with Nagy, and saying he was worst than Dave Shula. Good for Zac..

That reminds me.....a lot of people stated a winning season would never, or was highly unlikely to, happen after two years of Shula-esque football. Damn the crow has certainly been served this year....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe people have changed their opinions about Zac as the season has progressed? Many posters admitted this in various "eat crow" threads and conversations. I don't think it's unordinary for emotions to change.

Yeah, I love good ol Murdock, but even w had to eat a little crow. Now, I wasn't all in on the hate train of Zac because I saw some flashes that poor oline play didn't allow to happen very often. I didn't see any way they'd win the north, or even 10 games for that matter. I thought 6-8 wins and I'd actually have been happy with 8 or 9.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I know I never mocked Epps...err..Tomlin
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: That reminds me.....a lot of people stated a winning season would never, or was highly unlikely to, happen after two years of Shula-esque football. Damn the crow has certainly been served this year....lol.

Lots and lots of crow servings, that's for sure. I think most Zac naysayers are happy to be wrong and okay eating the crow.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I love good ol Murdock, but even w had to eat a little crow. Now, I wasn't all in on the hate train of Zac because I saw some flashes that poor oline play didn't allow to happen very often. I didn't see any way they'd win the north, or even 10 games for that matter. I thought 6-8 wins and I'd actually have been happy with 8 or 9.

I don't have any issues with Murdock either. Regarding Zac, I think it is challenging for fans in general to be patient when a new coach comes and makes organizational changes. It seems extra hard exercising the patience when we're talking about the Bengals organization. I thought Brown's bullish comment was stubbornly bad and I didn't think Zac could get to the Bengals to an AFC North title. I'm glad to be wrong. 

The Boston shock jocks needed filler time and did it as the expense of Zac. I don't find it entertaining and it came off as lame.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:30 PM)Earendil Wrote: You guys realize he gets off arguing with everyone, right? Please stop feeding it.

He's a lawyer, he represents scumbags , then criticizes us... Seems legit..
Reply/Quote

It's almost like...people are allowed to change their minds based on changing circumstances/more evidence. 

[Image: OIP.QqjhRMbECMZNVLNcg5zeDAHaE6?w=227&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

Imagine a world where no one was allowed to evolve. We'd still have African Americans being obligated to sit at the back of the bus.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Can we not have a change of heart? Do you want us negative or positive? You guys wouldn't have anything to do if we were constantly positive..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: That reminds me.....a lot of people stated a winning season would never, or was highly unlikely to, happen after two years of Shula-esque football. Damn the crow has certainly been served this year....lol.

I'm eating it, and it taste great. I just wanna win..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:20 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm eating it, and it taste great. I just wanna win..

I'm eating the crow as well, dude. I also blame Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau for putting me in this position.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm eating the crow as well, dude. I also blame Shula, Coslet, and LeBeau for putting me in this position.  Hilarious

We are like Pats fans but reversed lol...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe people have changed their opinions about Zac as the season has progressed? Many posters admitted this in various "eat crow" threads and conversations. I don't think it's unordinary for emotions to change.

(01-07-2022, 05:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's almost like...people are allowed to change their minds based on changing circumstances/more evidence. 

[Image: OIP.QqjhRMbECMZNVLNcg5zeDAHaE6?w=227&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]

Imagine a world where no one was allowed to evolve. We'd still have African Americans being obligated to sit at the back of the bus.

(01-07-2022, 05:19 PM)Tony Wrote: Can we not have a change of heart? Do you want us negative or positive? You guys wouldn't have anything to do if we were constantly positive..

Yes you can have a change of heart and some people have openly said as much. Doesn't change the fact that it is still funny to see last year and parts of this year favorite whipping boy, being defended against some random fool on sports talk radio in Boston.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:38 PM)Tony Wrote: We are like Pats fans but reversed lol...

Conditioned to lose not conditioned to win?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you fail at logic.

You honestly don't see any hypocrisy in someone saying  "It is fine for me to say horrible things, but I can't stand it when people in the media say horrible things."

My logic is fine.  If you want to draw on comparisons try using similar data points.  

If folks on the Patriot message boards make fun of ZT what you said makes sense.  As it was presented it doesn't.  

Just something else to get attention I guess.
Reply/Quote