Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obnoxious Boston radio guys bashing Taylor
(01-07-2022, 05:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Conditioned to lose not conditioned to win?

Yea, pretty much... It's been so long, that even with success you keep thinking something crazy is gonna happen. I do think this the team that  breaks that thinking pattern though..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:50 PM)Tony Wrote: I wasn't a Zac guy, but the turnaround all ready was changing my mind. This totally changed it. If he cares enough to get that emotional,  he is putting in the work.. Love they guy now...  Not gonna lie , I got a little tear eyed myself. Everyone was counting him out,  putting him with Nagy, and saying he was worst than Dave Shula. Good for Zac..

I got a little teary eyed to watching the kick go thru and seeing all the players react. Things are really looking up for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Yea, pretty much... It's been so long, that even with success you keep thinking something crazy is gonna happen. I do think this the team that  breaks that thinking pattern though..

I think that is the general vibe around here.

There is a group that is just in right now and thinks Super Bowl. I envy them and think most of them weren't here for the 90's.

There is another group that is happy the team is winning but is just waiting to have their heart ripped out again and is being cautious (Wyche, Shake, myself and several others)

Then you have your anti-fans. This is a group of like 3 or 4 posters that just want to watch the world burn and are kinda upset always. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This thread amuses me.

So many posters who last season were all in on fire Taylor and keeping him wastes another year of Burrow's rookie contract and development, and this team won't win with Taylor. Now all those regular suspects are offended that a sports show in a different city took a shot at the Bengals head coach.

This reminds me of the scene in Animal House.

Not sure I understand how not wanting him back after his first 2 seasons has to do with the Boston guys comments.

One has to do with coaching and results. One has nothing to do with coaching or results.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:20 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm eating it, and it taste great. I just wanna win..

Right. Every member of this board has been wrong about something. Being able to change your opinion because the facts/results have changed is a good thing. Not sure why some see it as bad.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes you can have a change of heart and some people have openly said as much. Doesn't change the fact that it is still funny to see last year and parts of this year favorite whipping boy, being defended against some random fool on sports talk radio in Boston.

Not really. It's like the old 'I might call my momma fat, but you say it, we scrappin'.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think that is the general vibe around here.

There is a group that is just in right now and thinks Super Bowl. I envy them and think most of them weren't here for the 90's.

There is another group that is happy the team is winning but is just waiting to have their heart ripped out again and is being cautious (Wyche, Shake, myself and several others)

Then you have your anti-fans. This is a group of like 3 or 4 posters that just want to watch the world burn and are kinda upset always. 

I don't think they can rip out the heart at this point because they have overachieved and are ahead of schedule -if they WIN their first playoff game then we DEFINITELY are playing with house money thereafter. I LOVE CJs statement that "this is not the standard - the standard is the super bowl" but I also recognize they are overachieving a bit, so if they don't quite get there it's okay too. 
Reply/Quote
They won 10 games, maybe 11, when most had them at 6 or less. Won the Division, made the playoffs. If they lose in the first round, I'll be disappointed but not devastated. They're playing on house money for the rest of the year. If they lose, then for me it's on to Free Agency and the draft, reload and start next year where they left off. But I expect the Red Dot Boyz to shine
Reply/Quote
I’ve been to Boston many times and never in my travels have I ever met a more entitled sanctimonious holier than thou pampered populace. I call them “Mass-holes.”
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not really. It's like the old 'I might call my momma fat, but you say it, we scrappin'.  Big Grin

[Image: b88ed42a10a853f39d8ce8d1a27f4830.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nobody from Massachusetts plays football.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What these guys di is pretty mild to the comments people here make about Tomlin.

Hey hypocrites, pull the logs from your eyes.

The moral compass strikes again...

[Image: without-guide-picture-id157382685?k=20&m...W5Ini8JxI=]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Yea, pretty much... It's been so long, that even with success you keep thinking something crazy is gonna happen. I do think this the team that  breaks that thinking pattern though..

Maybe more important than anything , I think that Zac(along with Burrow) has begun to change the culture of the Cincinnati Bengals.  No longer does this feel like a team, or franchise, just waiting for the next bad thing to happen. In seasons past, there is no way that they would have won games like the one in Denver or the one last week against the Chiefs. They would have found some way to lose those games. I got the feeling that this team felt all along they were going to win those games , and they did. 

The change in culture around this franchise is still a work in progress but Zac has made some major end roads. Ten wins is nice but the winds of change around this franchise have begun to blow in a new attitude and an expectancy of winning ... and that is REALLY NICE!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 07:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They won 10 games, maybe 11, when most had them at 6 or less. Won the Division, made the playoffs. If they lose in the first round, I'll be disappointed but not devastated. They're playing on house money for the rest of the year. If they lose, then for me it's on to Free Agency and the draft, reload and start next year where they left off. But I expect the Red Dot Boyz to shine

This is pretty much where I'm at as well.

I really don't care what some turds in NE think.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure I understand how not wanting him back after his first 2 seasons has to do with the Boston guys comments.

One has to do with coaching and results. One has nothing to do with coaching or results.

Yeah, I would have thought this was pretty obvious. There’s a big difference between merely wanting him replaced with a better coach, and actually making fun of him for getting emotional after a big win. The former is understandable, the latter is toxic.

Reply/Quote
I want to say something mean about those 2 Boston idiots but I won't. Hope they keep talking.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only guys I am talking too here are a bunch of dudes on a message board.

Don't remember seeing any of you clutching your pearls whenever members here mock Tomlin.

He's a DIVISION ***** RIVAL.

Dude. Why are you asking for logical consistency within a ***** fandom?
Reply/Quote
Idiots usually tend to miss context.

Taylor was 6-25-1 heading into this year and surely heard all the talk and felt all the pressure. Rightfully so, but it's also understandable that a man gets emotional when he's vindicated after 2 rough years.

He's not emotional simply from "wInNiNg tEh dIvIsIoN"...he's emotional because he won the division after all he (and the team) has been through.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Couple of schmucks? No way!  I mean yes way.. Sucky Schmucks..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
*does not care what two random radio douches say about the team/coach/players*

Nor do i understand why do any of you.....
Reply/Quote