Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation from Bengals vs. Ravens game
1. Lazor‘s play calling is very concerning how many times did we run it on 2nd and 10 today for no yards ?
2. Every week we waste timeouts. Joe Mixon was uncovered in the red zone and we called a timeout. At the end of the game Dalton had no clue the play clock was at zero.
3. Numbers wise the defense improved but it’s kind of sad we knew Jackosn was goning to run the ball and we still couldn’t stop him. Lost to a QB who had 150 yards passing and one int which is sad.
4. Need to cut bait with Burfict next year guy is a shell of himself can’t stay on the field due to either suspensions or health.
5. Auden Tate can’t be worse than Cody Core right ? Had one catch on the first drive and never seen from again.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:24 PM)lone bengal Wrote: 1. Lazor‘s play calling is very concerning how many times did we run it on 2nd and 10 today for no yards ?
2. Every week we waste timeouts. Joe Mixon was uncovered in the red zone and we called a timeout. At the end of the game Dalton had no clue the play clock was at zero.
3. Numbers wise the defense improved but it’s kind of sad we knew Jackosn was goning to run and still couldn’t stop him. Lost to a QB who had 150 yards passing and one int which is sad.
4. Need to cut bait with Burfict next year guy is a shell of himself can’t stay on the field due to either suspensions or health.
5. Auden Tate can’t be worse than Cody Core right ? Had one catch on the first drive and never seen from again.

The worst tackling team I have ever seen in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
Our kicker lost the game by missing the 51 yard field goal. Double whammy, they got the ball at 41.

Overall is was a great effort by AD, Core and all WR's need to be receivers first, then special teams. No excuse our WR's other than AJ and Boyd are this bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Suck against rookie QB
Burfict needs to go
Kirkpatrick needs to go
Core can’t catch
Tate must be real bad being lower on depth chart then core

NEEDS A HEAD COACH. Since we can’t fire the owner.
Reply/Quote
This team has a lot of needs
1 Must get O-line help
2 need at least 2 linebackers
3 Need a big D tackle that can draw double teams and stuff the run
4 It is time to start looking at the QB spot (I have been a fan of Daltons but might be time for a change)
5 And probably the most important need all new coaches

What has happen to Dunlap this year he has disappeared?
Reply/Quote
I can complain about a lot of how the Bengals played. But Baltimore played a good game. They owned the trenches..surprise.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our kicker lost the game by missing the 51 yard field goal. Dummy whammy, they got the ball at 41.

Overall is was a great effort by AD, Core and all WR's need to be receivers first, then special teams. No excuse our WR's other than AJ and Boyd are this bad.

Great is pretty generous considering Andy only went 19/36. I thought he was just ok. Made some nice throws, and some bad ones. Typical Andy.

Reply/Quote
We're a slow team defensively and it shows. Our LBers are a joke. I can get the first drive but how do you allow a one dimensional offense destroy you at that one dimension? Also how many guys are going to be unconverd on a consistent basis. One of there guys made a one hand behind the back catch with not a defender in front of him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:43 PM)mon4078 Wrote: This team has a lot of needs
1 Must get O-line help
4 It is time to start looking at the QB spot (I have been a fan of Daltons but might be time for a change)

So has Geno. Hasn’t had a sack since early October. Enough with the excuses you’re getting paid elite money you need to produce.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I can complain about a lot of how the Bengals played.  But Baltimore played a good game.  They owned the trenches..surprise.

Harbaugh coming off a bye and has NEVER lost 4 games in a row.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:24 PM)lone bengal Wrote: 1. Lazor‘s play calling is very concerning how many times did we run it on 2nd and 10 today for no yards ?
3. Numbers wise the defense improved but it’s kind of sad we knew Jackosn was goning to run the ball and we still couldn’t stop him. Lost to a QB who had 150 yards passing and one int which is sad.

Agree with most of the things stated. It also can't be over said how badly out Oline was dominated today. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I can complain about a lot of how the Bengals played.  But Baltimore played a good game.  They owned the trenches..surprise.

The trenches? Hmmm, is this an important part of the game? Perhaps write a letter to Mikey on that (he does not have email)
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:43 PM)mon4078 Wrote: This team has a lot of needs
1 Must get O-line help

1. O-line has a few contracts that expire this year as well.  So we need both starters and back-ups, or extend and find starters... it will probably not be fixed in 2019.
4. Everyone is getting old and we usually have to draft every position. How much longer do you think he actually plays for? He is 31 years old, so maybe 2, 4, 6 years more... And remember we bench rookies 1-2 years before they play.
5. I liked the stability in the beginning. I think our HC gets blamed more than he should, because the team just does not understand players.  They hold onto aged ones too long. They seem to really pick some duds.  And they don't utilize FA when they needed too.
6. A new owner, or just someone who goes in the opposite direction while controlling the team on a lot of things.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:16 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 1. O-line has a few contracts that expire this year as well.  So we need both starters and back-ups, or extend and find starters... it will probably not be fixed in 2019.
4. Everyone is getting old and we usually have to draft every position. How much longer do you think he actually plays for? He is 31 years old, so maybe 2, 4, 6 years more... And remember we bench rookies 1-2 years before they play.
5. I liked the stability in the beginning. I think our HC gets blamed more than he should, because the team just does not understand players.  They hold onto aged ones too long. They seem to really pick some duds.  And they don't utilize FA when they needed too.
6. A new owner, or just someone who goes in the opposite direction while controlling the team on a lot of things.

Groundhog day...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So has Geno. Hasn’t had a sack since early October. Enough with the excuses you’re getting paid elite money you need to produce.

I honestly forget Geno is even playing sometimes. I assume he gets double teamed the whole game ? I don’t know, Billings does a whole lot of nothing. Thought the D-line would be the strength of this team. I liked Jordan Wills coming out of the draft, Hobbs and company hyped him up this offseason, guy literally makes no plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:21 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I honestly forget Geno is even playing sometimes. I assume he gets double teamed the whole game ? I don’t know, Billings does a whole lot of nothing as well. Thought the D-line would be the strength of this team. I liked Jordan Wills coming out of the draft and Hobbs and company hyped him up this offseason, guy literally makes no plays.

All elite players get double teamed though. You don’t think Aaron Donald doesn’t? I’m sick of that excuse. And I’m a massive Geno fan.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:52 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Agree with most of the things stated. It also can't be over said how badly out Oline was dominated today. 

We probably still have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

They may not be giving up as many sacks as last year, but that's because they're getting the ball out quicker...not because of better blocking. And the run blocking is HORRIBLE.
Reply/Quote

What game can't you say that about this year? We constantly get beat at the line of scrimmage. Constantly!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:16 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: 1. O-line has a few contracts that expire this year as well.  So we need both starters and back-ups, or extend and find starters... it will probably not be fixed in 2019.

You know, on 6 I've had the same thoughts. We have an extremely small scouting and player personnel department. So does that mean we need that much less scouts because we're that much smarter?

Our past 5-6 drafts have been very underwhelming. Our reputation as a good drafting team is from about 7-8 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We probably still have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

They may not be giving up as many sacks as last year, but that's because they're getting the ball out quicker...not because of better blocking. And the run blocking is HORRIBLE.

It makes  me sick that everytime we play a team with a no name RB he torches us for 100 + yds...meanwhile our sorry ass soft line cant open any holes for Mixon who is by far the most talented back they have had in quite a while.  He must be very frustrated...….Gus Who???   
Reply/Quote