Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocho fight
Comes on at 8 est on the undercard of the mayweather fight, Ocho is the first fight if anyone wants to tune in.
Reply/Quote
[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/img]
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson is 43 years old and is fighting a guy who fights professionally in Bare Knuckle Boxing. That's pretty impressive in my book.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 09:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Chad Johnson is 43 years old and is fighting a guy who fights professionally in Bare Knuckle Boxing.  That's pretty impressive in my book.

Definitely.  I feel he won 3/4 rds before being knocked down.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Can't hate on a guy for living his life to the fullest.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So did he lose? I can’t tell what the results were.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So did he lose? I can’t tell what the results were.

There were no official results since it was an exhibition. To be honest, I think he won. He certainly won two of the rounds, arguably the third. He didn’t look bad, especially for being a guy in his 40s that has never boxed before.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There were no official results since it was an exhibition. To be honest, I think he won. He certainly won two of the rounds, arguably the third. He didn’t look bad, especially for being a guy in his 40s that has never boxed before.

Chad has boxed for a long time. Just not professionally, or maybe even as an amateur, but he trained in a boxing ring when he was an active player.
Reply/Quote
That wuss refused to fight Pacman 'cuz he was afraid he'd get shot if he won...

In all seriousness, Chad was on Movin' The Chains talking about the fight and was asked if he thought he might try to do it again if he wins. His response was it would be incredibly disrespectful to all of the professional fighters out there for him to try and step in at this point in time and try to make a career out of it. He stated that his offseason training included soccer and boxing going all the way back to college, and that is the only reason he is stepping into the ring right now: a once in a lifetime opportunity to use that training in a way that will benefit a cause. Gotta give him a ton of props for that answer...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chad is such an entertainer.
Reply/Quote
No standing Ocho counts ?

The man has some big nads getting in the ring with a pro fighter.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
How far boxing has fallen.

Not specific to the Chad "fight", just the event in general.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There were no official results since it was an exhibition. To be honest, I think he won. He certainly won two of the rounds, arguably the third. He didn’t look bad, especially for being a guy in his 40s that has never boxed before.

I know he's never boxed professionally, but he trained boxing while he was a Bengal. Back then he had some quick hands and decent power for his size.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 10:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That wuss refused to fight Pacman 'cuz he was afraid he'd get shot if he won...

In all seriousness, Chad was on Movin' The Chains talking about the fight and was asked if he thought he might try to do it again if he wins.  His response was it would be incredibly disrespectful to all of the professional fighters out there for him to try and step in at this point in time and try to make a career out of it.  He stated that his offseason training included soccer and boxing going all the way back to college, and that is the only reason he is stepping into the ring right now: a once in a lifetime opportunity to use that training in a way that will benefit a cause.  Gotta give him a ton of props for that answer...

I have to respect that answer, here in Australia a lot of our footballers take up boxing after their careers to cash in on their names. One had a pretty long career in boxing and won a couple of World Titles but he was the son of a very well known boxer.
Reply/Quote
Chad is ripped for a guy that eats McDonald's everyday LOL
Reply/Quote
Chad should get a few extra ring of honor votes out of this.
Reply/Quote
Chad jokes about coming back to the Bengals, but I think he really wants to. And I've heard some receivers who he used to play with, like TJ, say he probably could still play at a high level.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chad jokes about coming back to the Bengals, but I think he really wants to. And I've heard some receivers who he used to play with, like TJ, say he probably could still play at a high level.

I think anyone who believe that might be on a "high" level themselves!  Tongue

Super impressed with Chad for going through the boxing!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 06:21 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: I have to respect that answer, here in Australia a lot of our footballers take up boxing after their careers to cash in on their names. One had a pretty long career in boxing and won a couple of World Titles but he was the son of a very well known boxer.

Ed "Too Tall" Jones (6'9", 275) was one of the greatest all-around athletes ever.  He started out as a basketball player at Tennessee State but after two years switched to football to play DE..  He was so talented that he was the first overall pick of the 1974 NFL draft.  After just 5 seasons he quit football to become a professional fighter.  He claimed boxing had always been his favorite sport. Even though he fought a bunch of nobodies I remember his fights being televised just because he was a famous NFL player.  He never lost a fight as a pro, but he was never considered that good.  After two years of boxing he went back to the NFL and finished an incredible career.  He played until he was 38 years old and never missed a game with injury.  He was 3 times Pro Bowl and First Team All-Pro once. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 10:13 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think anyone who believe that might be on a "high" level themselves!  Tongue

Chad has kept himself in great shape.  He might possibly make an NFL roster.  (Darrell Green played CB when he was 42.  Willie Gault ran a 10.7 hundred meters when he was 45.)  But no way Chad would still be a top receiver.

But I sure as hell would like to see him try and comeback.  His Bengal career ended on a down note, and just look at what we have at WR behind our top 3.
Reply/Quote