Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off to a 1-5 Start -- But Don't Panic
The Bengals' next three opponents are Miami, Dallas, and New England. Cincinnati will most likely lose all three games, so get your heads around this situation right now and use whatever coping skills you usually employ because the first third of the season isn't going to be pretty.

I'm usually more positive but there are some glaring gaps in football fundamental skills I see which need addressing before the Bengals can win again. Some fundamentals can be offset by talent and game planning but poor tackling, blown coverage, too much cushion given to receivers, dropped passes, and the horrendous offensive line play cannot be overcome by anything. Sick

I don't like to be even more negative but this is going to take more than the return of Vontaze Burfict and Tyler Eifert to perform a complete 180 degree turnaround. These problems are institutional and they will require much soul-searching to rectify.

Marvin Lewis? I'm looking at you.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Miami stinks.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Miami stinks.

This. Other than being Primetime, this is a should win game. 

I think we can beat Dallas as well. NE we might as well pencil in a L. They are winning without Brady, ffs.

Reply/Quote
3-3 at worst
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This. Other than being Primetime, this is a should win game. 

I think we can beat Dallas as well. NE we might as well pencil in a L. They are winning without Brady, ffs.

After this game, playing against Prescott and Wentz terrifies me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals' next three opponents are Miami, Dallas, and New England. Cincinnati will most likely lose all three games, so get your heads around this situation right now and use whatever coping skills you usually employ because the first third of the season isn't going to be pretty.

I'm usually more positive but there are some glaring gaps in football fundamental skills I see which need addressing before the Bengals can win again. Some fundamentals can be offset by talent and game planning but poor tackling, blown coverage, too much cushion given to receivers, dropped passes, and the horrendous offensive line play cannot be overcome by anything. Sick

I don't like to be even more negative but this is going to take more than the return of Vontaze Burfict and Tyler Eifert to perform a complete 180 degree turnaround. These problems are institutional and they will require much soul-searching to rectify.

Marvin Lewis? I'm looking at you.

Come?

If anything we'll beat both Dallas and Miami.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Miami stinks.

Word.

So 2-4...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: After this game, playing against Prescott and Wentz terrifies me.

Our secondary won't lay eggs in all those games.

And the offense will only improve.
Reply/Quote
I want to be totally wrong about my original post.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to be totally wrong about my original post.

You will be wrong, bengals will be 3-3 after week 6 and in solid shape moving forward. The problems we are seeing are fixable and will get better as the season progresses 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:05 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: 3-4 at worst

At best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:57 PM)bjf123 Wrote: At best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be 4-2 Numnuts
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: After this game, playing against Prescott and Wentz terrifies me.

Did you just see that td Wentz just threw to Sproles? I like Dalton and all, but I could never see AD run forward like that, then cut it to the right right before the los to lob over the defense to Gio. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:01 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: That would be 4-2 Numnuts

[Image: owned.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I chuckled when I saw people predicting an 8-8 or worse season......I'm thinking this may be a possibility. Got beat by Trevor Seimian ....really?, and Carson Wentz is shredding Pitt. What has happened!? We looked horrible in our home opener. I know it's only week 3, but the Bengals have not looked good.
Reply/Quote
Yep. So far, this team reminds me of the 2007 team.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Did you just see that td Wentz just threw to Sproles? I like Dalton and all, but I could never see AD run forward like that, then cut it to the right right before the los to lob over the defense to Gio. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlR0a8CMU3I

Much more impressive than any of Wentz's throws.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
1-5 actually looks like a real possibility right now. Then you're looking at maybe 2-6 to start the year (who knows what will happen in London, but I've never had a good feeling about that game). How the F does that happen with this level of talent?
Reply/Quote
We will beat Miami at home and I think we have a shot to beat Dallas. NE will beat us. I predicted a 2-4 start with a strong finish of 8-2. We'll be 10-6 and probably a wild card.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:08 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I chuckled when I saw people predicting an 8-8 or worse season......I'm thinking this may be a possibility. Got beat by Trevor Seimian ....really?, and Carson Wentz is shredding Pitt. What has happened!? We looked horrible in our home opener. I know it's only week 3, but the Bengals have not looked good.

Disjointed play as we have quite a few new starters in key positions. A huge key is we have 5 new coaches still finding their way. We are missing our best defensive player and leader. We are missing one of our best offensive players. We have had a rugged schedule to start the season and we have had zero luck with penalties and turnovers. We'll be a very good team at mid season and finish strong at 10-6. No one will want to play us by then!
Reply/Quote