Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo
If they struggle to tackle then we need to get the ball to Ja'mar as much as possible in space. It would be nice to have Hurst back for this game as he runs extremely hard after the catch.
Reply/Quote
I doubt we're going to just run over the Bills on the ground. Like has been said it's going to come down to QB play and which one has a better game passing. Plus they'll probably be 3 or 4 "big plays/turnovers" that decide the game. Key interception, blocked kick or punt, big sack, so on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Both teams have few weaknesses to exploit. The individual matchups will be huge. Scheming is more about the individual matchups and recognizing your advantage that the play design. One of the most successful college OC’s told me one time you find the other teams individual player weakness or your individual player advantage. Then you scheme. I look for Hayden Hurst to go off. I think they’ve saved a bunch for him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don't care how we win. Just win.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 01:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Both teams have few weaknesses to exploit. The individual matchups will be huge. Scheming is more about the individual matchups and recognizing your advantage that the play design. One of the most successful college OC’s told me one time you find the other teams individual player weakness or your individual player advantage. Then you scheme. I look for Hayden Hurst to go off. I think they’ve saved a bunch for him.

I agree.  A 7-yard pass to the TE, or an 8-yard screen to Perine is just as good as a 7 or 8-yard run.  I think Hurst, Boyd, and the checkdown routes will be there.
 The Bills have an aggressive defense and the way to slow them down is by taking the intermediate yards and dinking and dunking your away down the field.  I'd like to see a 15-play drive, and then unleash the next drive.  However we get it done, it still gets done!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 01:08 PM)brian5562 Wrote: If they struggle to tackle then we need to get the ball to Ja'mar as much as possible in space. It would be nice to have Hurst back for this game as he runs extremely hard after the catch.

Looking like you'll get your wish with Hurst. Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:04 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A week after losing our best run blocker, I doubt ZT goes run heavy. I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but Taylor throws on 1st and goal from the 2. We threw it almost 60 times with a 22-0 halftime lead vs a team whose DE combo have the most combined sacks in the league. In short, he is overly pass happy.

And,,poor tackling can come into play on receivers, too. Miss a tackle on Chase and.......

Yeah, you're right about that.  With a 22-0 halftime lead, I was a bit baffled as to why we didn't start playing some Jim Tressel ball for a few series. Also, we run the best when Volson, Karras, Cappa are involved.  Running around the RT is high on the stat list but we're the most successful running between the Guards.   
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering your takes the past 2 weeks and now this week, the team should do the OPPOSITE from what you're suggesting...

Lighten up Francis, lol Hilarious

That's we get on here is to talk about football not trash our players nor our fans.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:16 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Lighten up Francis, lol Hilarious

That's we get on here is to talk about football not trash our players nor our fans.  

A little roasting for some predictions that seemed like they were from outer space is hardly "trashing" a fellow fan..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just saw this is the biggest "win total" Monday Night Game in history
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 02:53 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Yeah, you're right about that.  With a 22-0 halftime lead, I was a bit baffled as to why we didn't start playing some Jim Tressel ball for a few series. Also, we run the best when Volson, Karras, Cappa are involved.  Running around the RT is high on the stat list but we're the most successful running between the Guards.   

What specifically are you meaning here? Cincinnati has been quite poor running between the guards. On 116 attempts between the guards, Cincinnati is averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Certainly nothing to write home about. 
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(12-28-2022, 03:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A little roasting for some predictions that seemed like they were from outer space is hardly "trashing" a fellow fan..

I know.  I just wanted to say, "Clam down Francis..."  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What specifically are you meaning here? Cincinnati has been quite poor running between the guards. On 116 attempts between the guards, Cincinnati is averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Certainly nothing to write home about. 
Here are the "Rushing by direction" team totals for the year:

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/teams/2022/REGPO/cincinnati-bengals/rushing-direction

LE 116
LT 70
ML 153
MR 244 YCO 140
RG 145
RT 131
RE 239 YCO 209

Attempts: 377 Total Rushing yards: 1465 Mean average 3.9 YPA
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 04:39 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Here are the "Rushing by direction" team totals for the year:

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/teams/2022/REGPO/cincinnati-bengals/rushing-direction

LE 116
LT 70
ML 153
MR 244 YCO 140
RG 145
RT 131
RE 239 YCO 209

Attempts: 377 Total Rushing yards: 1465 Mean average 3.9 YPA

Right, that is the same source I am using. That is why I am asking what you're trying to say, because between the guards is the worst performing area for Cincinnati.

Between the guards - 3.6 YPC
Everywhere else - 4.4 YPC
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 04:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Right, that is the same source I am using. That is why I am asking what you're trying to say, because between the guards is the worst performing area for Cincinnati.

Between the guards - 3.6 YPC
Everywhere else - 4.4 YPC

Left tackle is the worst YCO

Right Guard/ Center gap is 2.62 YCO 3rd best

Right End 4.25 YCO, but Collins is gone.  Do you think #77 is going to get the job done?

I was looking at only the total yards and YPA numbers, but I see what you're saying using the YCO/A average with Collins in there.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 04:55 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Left tackle is the worst YCO

Right Guard/ Center gap is 2.62 YCO 3rd best

Right End 4.25 YCO, but Collins is gone.  Do you think #77 is going to get the job done?

I was looking at only the total yards and YPA numbers, but I see what you're saying using the YCO/A average with Collins in there.

I think you're looking at the wrong column, or maybe I am still misunderstanding what you're trying to communicate here. YCO is yards after contact. We're wanting to look at yards per attempt. At bare minimum, I am talking about YPA, not YCO. 

Are you trying to talk about yards before contact by direction? Up the middle is better there, but that isn't anything new. You'll always get more consistent yardage up the middle, but you will have less big plays (hence 3.6 yards per carry). Running to the tackles will net you bigger plays (hence 4.4 yards per carry), but also bigger losses, so a higher standard deviation. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 01:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I doubt we're going to just run over the Bills on the ground. Like has been said it's going to come down to QB play and which one has a better game passing. Plus they'll probably be 3 or 4 "big plays/turnovers" that decide the game. Key interception, blocked kick or punt, big sack, so on.

This!! The coaches have been putting in a good game plan. Don't pull a Merv and try to be different all of a sudden. Bills know what we do and vice versa. No need to get off schedule. Just line up and play ball.
Reply/Quote
We'll take what they give and eat clock. That's what I've seen as the biggest improvement by the offense this year. I love seeing the 5 minute+ drives and the camera panning to opposition's sideline to capture their souls slowly evacuating their motionless husks.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:51 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I know.  I just wanted to say, "Clam down Francis..."  Tongue

My name isn't Francis.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 05:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: My name isn't Francis.
Is it "Chicken Hauler" ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote