Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo
(12-29-2022, 11:05 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're wrong, but in a good way. You're including Burrows scrambles and the WR end arounds in that 4.25 number. Since week five, Cincinnati has averaged 4.58 yards per carry when they hand off to one of their backs. Now, the Carolina game is a major outlier and is really boosting those numbers up. Outside of the Carolina game, Cincinnati is averaging 4.14 yards per carry which is a much more indicative number of Cincinnati's abilities. 

Okay, I lacked the time to separate out the carriers. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 12:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Okay, I lacked the time to separate out the carriers. 

Okay. That's fine. I never said you did or didn't. 
Reply/Quote
Long, ball control drives, whether it is running or passing, should work. Last week against the Patriots, the offense came a little unglued in the second half, so it would be wise to avoid that, ha ha.

According to the long-range forecasts, it's supposed to be mid-50s with slight wind on Monday. It doesn't get much better than that in January!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 09:42 AM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals ran two slot seam routes to Trenton Irwin one for a touchdown the other a dropped touchdown. That's not a route I'm used to seeing from the Bengals...

That's a point i was going to bring up after one of your earlier posts about marrying the pass and run games. 

Zac has taken a lot of heat for his "shortcomings" as a play caller and OC. It seems, this year at least, that they are experimenting and adapting seemingly game by game to get to a point where the offense is becoming unpredictable and deadly. This of course has a lot to do with Burrow and his abilities but there seems to be a definite willingness to change and try different things. That kind of flies in the face of what a lot of people believed about Zac. 

It's good to see.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Deciding to run the ball down the Bills throat a week after losing your best run blocking offensive lineman on an already bad run blocking offensive line is a bold strategy.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
IMO I think beating the Bills is going to come down to this defense and field position. Basically, our defense generating and helping our offense like they did against the Bucs. I can't see our offense doing a ton against them.

The defense needs to turn the turnover liable Josh Allen over a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO I think beating the Bills is going to come down to this defense and field position. Basically, our defense generating and helping our offense like they did against the Bucs. I can't see our offense doing a ton against them.

The defense needs to turn the turnover liable Josh Allen over a couple of times.

I only see Adeniji being a liability in this game. I think the o-line will do just fine in terms of pass protection.

and yes, Allen will turn it over at least twice
Reply/Quote
Joey playing chess against cover 2 now not checkers
https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1608489476841512961?s=46&t=wzfUmzb8NCkIQceV9vNk4g
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: DAMN IT!! I thought I was

Had to give you rep for that trolling. I actually stopped when I saw that picture, thinking he was back from the (message board) dead.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 02:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you're looking for more specific, detailed stats, you can get them since you pay for PFF.

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/players/2022/REG/joe-mixon/11803/rushing

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/players/2022/REG/samaje-perine/11869/rushing

All RBs, sorted for at least 50% of max snaps.
https://premium.pff.com/nfl/positions/2022/REGPO/rushing?position=HB&minimum=50p

You will have to click on YPA to get them in order from best to worst.

Thanks for the links and for pointing me in the right direction.

There is a bit of irony here, you folks jump all over me for using PFF.com stats and tell me PFF.com isn't for "Jack Shit."  THEN, y'all turn around and point me right back to PFF.com  You folks are a tough crowd!   Hilarious  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Thanks for the links and for pointing me in the right direction.

There is a bit of irony here, you folks jump all over me for using PFF.com stats and tell me PFF.com isn't for "Jack Shit."  THEN, y'all turn around and point me right back to PFF.com  You folks are a tough crowd!   Hilarious  Who Dey

PFF is fantastic for their data aggregation. It is their bread and butter. Their grades aren't worth much. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Thanks for the links and for pointing me in the right direction.

PFF statistics department is second to none. Now the player grades... well we don't need to get into that.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We’re so much a good team i think the game plan is similar for every opponent

Get ANYTHING at all from the run game and then let Burrow and the defense do what they’ve done for 2 years now.

The only way we lose to ANYONE from here on out will be if the run game sucks that day AND the D just has a bad game.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I only see Adeniji being a liability in this game. I think the o-line will do just fine in terms of pass protection.

and yes, Allen will turn it over at least twice

Apparently he’s a better pass protector than Collins. I dont think that is true. If Collins gives up 10 pressures and Burrow is sacked on 3 does that really make Adeniji better just because he gave up the same 10 pressures but Burrow just got it out quickly? Of course no. That’s makes them both subpar and bailed out by Burrow.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:59 PM)Housh Wrote: Apparently he’s a better pass protector than Collins. I dont think that is true. If Collins gives up 10 pressures and Burrow is sacked on 3 does that really make Adeniji better just because he gave up the same 10 pressures but Burrow just got it out quickly? Of course no. That’s makes them both subpar and bailed out by Burrow.

The only thing Adeniji has on Collins is his ability to move better. He's more athletic but he's much smaller and not nearly as powerful and strong. I wouldn't say he's a better pass blocker. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:59 PM)Housh Wrote: Apparently he’s a better pass protector than Collins. I dont think that is true. If Collins gives up 10 pressures and Burrow is sacked on 3 does that really make Adeniji better just because he gave up the same 10 pressures but Burrow just got it out quickly? Of course no. That’s makes them both subpar and bailed out by Burrow.

Adeniji is a quick finesse guy. Collins always gets beat with speed

The guy Adeniji will be facing is a strong bull rusher type of edge rusher. So that’s a bad match up for adeniji
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The only thing Adeniji has on Collins is his ability to move better. He's more athletic but he's much smaller and not nearly as powerful and strong. I wouldn't say he's a better pass blocker. 

If not Adeniji then who?  There was an idea on here about bumping Karras to RG and Cappa to RT, so that means Trey Hill goes to Center.  Which I don't think is a good idea, b/c I'm not a fan of changing Centers unless you absolutely have to do it. 

Then it was suggested, Cappa go to RT and Scharping goes to RG.  We have a few options of moving guys around if Adenji cannot get the job done. Who would you move and where?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 12:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What you don't think the defense should move to a 3-4 base defense because of the injury to 1 player?  Ninja

No more outlandish than going after Andrew Whitworth because our weak link on the line went down...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Next Gen Stats says to let Burrow sling it.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:29 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: If not Adeniji then who?  There was an idea on here about bumping Karras to RG and Cappa to RT, so that means Trey Hill goes to Center.  Which I don't think is a good idea, b/c I'm not a fan of changing Centers unless you absolutely have to do it. 

Then it was suggested, Cappa go to RT and Scharping goes to RG.  We have a few options of moving guys around if Adenji cannot get the job done. Who would you move and where?

Sounds like Isiah Prince will be starting over Adeniji on Sunday. Burrow kind of spilled the beans today. 
Reply/Quote