Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line Through 2 Games
(09-21-2021, 07:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: I agree, it really is more about if you take Chase then you need to get someone in the draft or FA that is a day one starter in the guard position in addition to the Reiff pickup. This offensive line was such a hot mess last year, getting one starting lineman is far from fixing this line. And we're seeing that already in week 2. 

Spain is doing a solid job IMO, but I think RG has been a hole for a really long time.  XSF has never been much more than a middling player.  I like what KC did drafting Smith and Humphrey.  I'd like that kind of young talent on the line to grow with the rest of the offense.  It was good drafting on their part, and it didn't involve big FA spend or a first rounder.  I would have loved to see the Bengals do that.  Trey Smith was a later pick than Carman, but his team is confident enough to let him protect the most valuable young qb in the league.  I wish we could say that for Carman right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 07:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know what your point is, but Burrow was not the same caliber QB coming into the league as Luck.
Luck was able to still accomplish winning records while at QB in all but one season.
All while having a bad OL.

We should be so lucky to see Burrow accomplish what Luck accomplished in 6 seasons.

Would Luck be able to achieve that with Zac as HC?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 08:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: Would Luck be able to achieve that with Zac as HC?

No idea, but I doubt it.
However, Luck found a way to make plays even when the play broke down.
I've seen Burrow do it at times, but he's not Luck caliber yet.

First step is to get Taylor away from calling plays.
I don't see how Taylor can keep calling plays after this year if the offense is below average yet again.
They've invested too many early-round picks into the offense for it to be performing as badly as it has.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 06:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He gave up 1 pressure in game #2. 

149 snaps, 7 pressures, 0 sacks, 96.6 efficiency, 1 penalty.

EDIT: Farking computer... 110 passblock snaps.

Sewell played well. Good for him, wanted the guy too. Just wasn't the ALL SEWELL OR NOTHING CROWD.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 08:07 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd like that kind of young talent on the line to grow with the rest of the offense.  It was good drafting on their part, and it didn't involve big FA spend or a first rounder.  I would have loved to see the Bengals do that. 

KC uses a #63 and #206 pick on O-line nd they get praised for "investing in the O-line".

Bengals use a #46, #139, and #206 on O-line and they "don't care about the o-line".
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: KC uses a #63 and #206 pick on O-line nd they get praised for "investing in the O-line".

Bengals use a #46, #139, and #206 on O-line and they "don't care about the o-line".

And it sounds like your boy Trey Smith has been really good so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *226

And it sounds like your boy Trey Smith has been really good so far.

Trey Smith has been a stud since his freshman year at Tennessee.  The only reason he dropped so far was health/injury issues.  If he stays healthy he will be the steal of the draft.  He has ProBowl/AllPro talent.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: KC uses a #63 and #206 pick on O-line nd they get praised for "investing in the O-line".

Nice job ignoring the fact that they also signed Joe Thuney and Kyle Long in FA, and traded for Orlando Brown Jr (which is where their 1st round pick went).

Classic Fred.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote