Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2015 Cut Down to 53 Thread
(09-05-2015, 12:48 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I'm rooting for Alford! I liked the way he looked this preseason.

I second that, it'll be nice to have a burner, if he can catch 3-4 long touchdowns this year, that'll be great. But the Bengals hate using players that can do 4 or 5 things, they'll draft a receiving TE and complain of his ineptness at blocking. Like, who gives a fu*k that he cant block like a hall of famer, just throw the ball to him.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is okay to talk about Rumours, but it is all just Second Hand News and Dreams.  So Don't Stop.  Just Go Your Own Way.  But I am Never Going Back Again and I Don't Want to Know.

I'm So Afraid that a Landslide of posters will think "That's Over My Head."  But it's Crystal clear that we've got a World Turning.
Reply/Quote
Still has been released per @ProFootballTalk

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/640196916530315265
Reply/Quote
Making room for Williams and Hardison. Expect to see Hunt next. Still will catch on somewhere else because he put in good work this preseason.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tebow was cut. I thought Eagles might keep him as #3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tebow was cut.  I thought Eagles might keep him as #3.

Here is a guy who could probably gett a job in the league as a Tight End, but just can't get out of his own way.  Instead he bounces around like a joke because he can't humble himself.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: Here is a guy who could probably gett a job in the league as a Tight End, but just can't get out of his own way.  Instead he bounces around like a joke because he can't humble himself.

I don't think so.  Has it ever been proven that he can play TE?  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tebow was cut.  I thought Eagles might keep him as #3.

Okay, Tim.  You gave it all you have.  Time to switch to TE or get on with your career in the booth/studio.  Have no problem with you but the media storm that follows you has gotten to be like a tornado that won't go away and you are the cow stuck in it.  It's not the cow's fault it's there but you still don't want to get hit by it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: Here is a guy who could probably gett a job in the league as a Tight End, but just can't get out of his own way.  Instead he bounces around like a joke because he can't humble himself.

Dude he cant play TE, he would of switched by now. You guys were saying he was could of played FB, do you remember how bad he was at PUNT BLOCKING? His only chance is QB
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:46 PM)Element Wrote: Dude he cant play TE, he would of switched by now. You guys were saying he was could of played FB, do you remember how bad he was at PUNT BLOCKING? His only chance is QB

In other words, he has no chance.  He would have been a great QB in the 50's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No matter what happens with the waiver wire the Bengals have guaranteed Devon medical insurance for the next 5 years so Leah will be taken care of. He should hook on with someone though.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
SportsCenter just reported that Still was released
Reply/Quote
Whoops just saw that someone already posted the update
Reply/Quote
I can see Still signing with the steelers....he has the size and length they like at DE.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:03 AM)IckeyShuffle Wrote: I'm hearing Flowers is out for the year. Anyone else heard that?

Confirmed
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I can see Still signing with the steelers....he has the size and length they like at DE.

I thought we might try trading him to the Eagles. Oh well, cutting him is testimony to our DL strength. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: In other words, he has no chance.  He would have been a great QB in the 50's.

I think he is a decent "rebuilding your team" QB...... if you want to fill the stands, cause some excitement and go 6-10 or 8-8, Tebow is great. I don't see why people can't just take him for what he is. Put him on a crappy team and let him have fun.

I enjoy watching the guy regardless of if he sucks at passing or not. I think he is good for the excitement of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:59 PM)pally Wrote: No matter what happens with the waiver wire the Bengals have guaranteed Devon medical insurance for the next 5 years so Leah will be taken care of.  He should hook on with someone though.

Did not know that. That makes me feel much better about the cut. Thanks for the info.
Reply/Quote
Kumerow's been cut

Luvnit, make a list on your op
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I can see Still signing with the steelers....he has the size and length they like at DE.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings pick him up.  The guy has actually gotten better this preseason and now he can actually think about football.  Lets also not completely rule out him landing on the practice squad if he isn't picked up soon.  If he can be.... im not sure about the regulations

Reply/Quote