Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2015 Cut Down to 53 Thread
(09-05-2015, 03:16 PM)Stormborn Wrote: You deactivate 1 on gameday.

Who would u deactivate though? Obviously they won't deactivate tate , Alford should be the returner and I actually think little will be far more productive than tate on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:13 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: So we kept 6 wide receivers?

Aj
MJ
Sanu
Tate
Alford
Little ?

So are we not going to use Burkhead in the slot ? If we do why the need for tate ? Alford was kept to be the returner..

Also bummed wilder got cut . If hill was to get banged up wilder would bring some thump to help with gio. We've seen what peerman does in the regular season..
I'm wondering if someone will take Wilder off our PS at some point this  year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This team has no balls. At least TRY to seem willing to change.
Same bottom roster players.

We're after the ST's title.  If we bump into a SB along the way, so be it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
With Burfict PUP'ed, his projected debut is November 1st, @ Pittsburgh.

With week 7 as their bye, he'll have an extra week assuming he's recovered in time which I'm inclined to doubt.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:20 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Who would u deactivate though? Obviously they won't deactivate tate , Alford should be the returner and I actually think little will be far more productive than tate on offense.

Alford. 
Little only viable outside backup.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:13 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: So we kept 6 wide receivers?

Aj
MJ
Sanu
Tate
Alford
Little ?

So are we not going to use Burkhead in the slot ? If we do why the need for tate ? Alford was kept to be the returner..

Also bummed wilder got cut . If hill was to get banged up wilder would bring some thump to help with gio. We've seen what peerman does in the regular season..

Is Alford going to be the return man? I didn't get the impression he won that job. I'm glad we kept him tho, OC needs to take advantage of that speed. He can help open up underneath routes by flying down the seam. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:20 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Who would u deactivate though? Obviously they won't deactivate tate , Alford should be the returner and I actually think little will be far more productive than tate on offense.

Probably Alford unless he takes Tate's job away. But since he's here that won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:21 PM)McC Wrote: We're after the ST's title.  If we bump into a SB along the way, so be it.

Gotta have our 5 special teams only players and one DE who won't contribute ever. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This team has no balls. At least TRY to seem willing to change.
Same bottom roster players.

And, I would be willing to speculate that the only reason Carter wasn't cut, is due to injuries of Flowers, DiManche, and Burfict.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, I would be willing to speculate that the only reason Carter wasn't cut, is due to injuries of Flowers, DiManche, and Burfict.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet the house on it.

I have no idea why any UDFA would sign here if there's a player on the roster who has been here more than 1 year. 
You have 0% chance of beating an "entrenched veteran" even if they're terrible. 
Reply/Quote
Well we've lost Wilder and Williams to keep Peerman and Hunt...Yippie! Smh!! Going to eat some Rolaids now...pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:28 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well we've lost Wilder and Williams to keep Peerman and Hunt...Yippie! Smh!! Going to eat some Rolaids now...pisses me off.

Because we need Peerman to run down the field 10 times a game and Hunt because...2nd round draft pick and Zimmer compared him to Watt once....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Gotta have our 5 special teams only players and one DE who won't contribute ever. 

Yes, but you can't discount the added bonuses of all those kicks Hunt has blocked since he got here. 

Doesn't this feel like this is the Bengals just refusing to give up on a bad idea?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm happy with all of the moves they made. I would've considered Wilder over Peerman but it is what it is. I don't know enough about what Peerman contributes to knock him.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Probably Alford unless he takes Tate's job away. But since he's here that won't happen.

I'm so tired of tate. Does anyone ever remember saying to themselves
"man I sure am glad we have tate he has been a big key in the offense today"..

other than the 2 or 3 td returns he's had he's replaceable but yet he finds a way to stay on the team every year..

you cannot tell me Alford isn't more of a weapon than tate even if he is raw.. and little has talent , was jus inconsistent , now he's been on the team for a little and has seemed to focus in a bit more . I'm happy he's on the team ..
Reply/Quote
This is the first time since 2010 that a undrafted rookie did not make the squad. The Bengals take chances on new guys all the time. I have zero issue with the cuts, but would like to see a move at the interior Oline
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hope we can sneak Williams and Watson onto the PS.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:32 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I'm happy with all of the moves they made. I would've considered Wilder over Peerman but it is what it is. I don't know enough about what Peerman contributes to knock him.

He's been here for 5 years.
That's a problem if you don't know what he contributes after 5 years. 

Not with you, but with Peerman and what he DOESN'T contribute
Reply/Quote
I trust the coaches to pick the best group for the team.

Special teams can win or lose at least 2 games every year which is why you keep Tate and Peerman.

I am worry about the DT free agent from Clemson and I hope he makes it back to our practice squad.

France and Hopkins will both be on practice squad if they are not picked up.

Do not rule out a trade for or pick up of a blocking tight end.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:22 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Is Alford going to be the return man? I didn't get the impression he won that job. I'm glad we kept him tho, OC needs to take advantage of that speed. He can help open up underneath routes by flying down the seam. 

I would've thought we would use him as a returner and anything he provides on offense is a bonus, I agree though we can use his speed on that field for sure. Guy can turn a screen into a 15, 20 yard pickup
Reply/Quote