Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2015 Cut Down to 53 Thread
(09-05-2015, 03:35 PM)67bengals Wrote: I trust the coaches to pick the best group for the team.

Special teams can win or lose at least 2 games every year which is why you keep Tate and Peerman.

I am worry about the DT free agent from Clemson and I hope he makes it back to our practice squad.

France and Hopkins will both be on practice squad if they are not picked up.

Do not rule out a trade for or pick up of a blocking tight end.

Disagree. You have plenty of guys who can do what they do. Simmons is a great coach. 

We always seem to find a Peerman...they aren't rare. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's been here for 5 years.
That's a problem if you don't know what he contributes after 5 years. 

Not with you, but with Peerman and what he DOESN'T contribute

I know he contributes on Special Teams I just don't know enough about Special Teams and his role to have an informed opinion. I'm not saying it isn't a valuable role.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: I hope we can sneak Williams and Watson onto the PS.

Watson might have managed to fumble his way onto the PS.  Williams might be a different story.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: I hope we can sneak Williams and Watson onto the PS.

I think we'll be able to if we choose. Some much more high profile RBs and DTs getting pink slips today. I don't see anyone we cut that is eligible for the PS getting picked to anyone's 53.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The steelers cut C Doug Lagursky. I wonder if he would be a better option behind Bodine than TJ Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: The steelers cut C Doug Lagursky. I wonder if he would be a better option behind Bodine than TJ Johnson.

He's pretty bad
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's pretty bad

Then he'd fit right in.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:41 PM)McC Wrote: Then he'd fit right in.

Still, why did Pitt cut him when Pouncey's injured?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:42 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Still, why did Pitt cut him when Pouncey's injured?

Ya got me.  Seems pretty telling.  Who else do they have?

Reply/Quote
Was hoping someone would finally replace Tate and Peerman on the 53 but apparently no one stepped up.

Gio and Alford better work on their kick and punt returns for next season if they want to increase their value.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we'll be able to if we choose. Some much more high profile RBs and DTs getting pink slips today. I don't see anyone we cut that is eligible for the PS getting picked to anyone's 53.

Williams maybe because of his height but Wilder is one RB injury on another team from being picked up if not before then....aka Jax if I had to venture a guess or even Tampa.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This team has no balls. At least TRY to seem willing to change.
Same bottom roster players.

I see what you are saying, but at least we kept Carter and he might be able to make a little difference.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's been here for 5 years.
That's a problem if you don't know what he contributes after 5 years. 

Not with you, but with Peerman and what he DOESN'T contribute

Of all the misses you're missed about, this is the one that I agree with the most. Wilder has way more upside and would have allowed us to keep Watson on PS easier.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Of all the misses you're missed about, this is the one that I agree with the most.  Wilder has way more upside and would have allowed us to keep Watson on PS easier.

He's a better runner and we claim to want to be a running team.  

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: Ya got me.  Seems pretty telling.  Who else do they have?

Steelers.corn lists Cody Wallace and Chris Hubbard as the 2 and 3 Centers.

http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:46 PM)Icoachmcneil71 Wrote: Williams maybe because of his height but Wilder is one RB injury on another team from being picked up if not before then....aka Jax if I had to venture a guess or even Tampa.

Lack of height on a 3T is an old narrative nowadays

Pressure is pressure.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Disagree. You have plenty of guys who can do what they do. Simmons is a great coach. 

We always seem to find a Peerman...they aren't rare. 

well i think Green Bay would disagree on it is so easy finding elite special teams guys... cost them a trip to Super Bowl.  In the end.. keeping Peerman over  a RB that might get 30 carries in a season is smart.. Peerman is so much better than Wilder or Watson on special teams... Alford might not be active every game and Bernard just did not look ready back there for Punts.. and Tate again performed well enough in preseason to stay.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:11 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: well i think Green Bay would disagree on it is so easy finding elite special teams guys... cost them a trip to Super Bowl.  In the end.. keeping Peerman over  a RB that might get 30 carries in a season is smart.. Peerman is so much better than Wilder or Watson on special teams... Alford might not be active every game and Bernard just did not look ready back there for Punts.. and Tate again performed well enough in preseason to stay.

GB might have trouble but always seem to find guys who can do that job. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:11 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: well i think Green Bay would disagree on it is so easy finding elite special teams guys... cost them a trip to Super Bowl.  In the end.. keeping Peerman over  a RB that might get 30 carries in a season is smart.. Peerman is so much better than Wilder or Watson on special teams... Alford might not be active every game and Bernard just did not look ready back there for Punts.. and Tate again performed well enough in preseason to stay.

With the way Peerman gets down there and makes tackles on teams, I'm surprised they haven't penciled him in as emergency backup LB.  (sarcasm)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:02 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Lack of height on a 3T is an old narrative nowadays

Pressure is pressure.
Hey, I completely agree! I'm just trying to rationalize the coaches thinking. If it were up to me he would be on the roster.
Reply/Quote