Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread***
(04-29-2017, 06:00 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I know I shouldn't care. And quite honestly I wouldn't except for the fact that it's horseshit. I cannot wait for Mixon to be an unstoppable force in this league forcing them to talk about his accomplishments. Cannot wait.

I can't wait until Mixon is a model citizen, great in the community as well as an all pro RB this year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Guy on ESPN: "Bengals know how to draft and pick good players and this draft is no different."

Point being there are many opinions and we all know about opinions (good or bad).
(04-29-2017, 06:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can't wait until Mixon is a model citizen, great in the community as well as an all pro RB this year

Yes this is what I should have said and I'm glad you did. I fully expect everyone to have to eat their words someday.

Steelers take a long snapper.
(04-29-2017, 06:05 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If ESPN bothered to cover small-market teams, they'd know the Bengals have a pretty drama-free locker room - Pacman Jones excluded.  Seriously, I'm still waiting on one of these hot airbags to point out these supposed off-the-field issues that seem to define this football team (again, not named Pacman Jones).

It's easier to make assumptions and buy into your own narrative rather than doing actual investigative reporting, I guess.

In fairness that locker room was with the steadying hand of Whitworth and Peko. (Not that I don't think Peko had to go, but still.)

We don't know how this locker room will look when you take away Whit and Peko, have the coach and owner defending Adam after his latest ordeal, and add Mixon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(04-29-2017, 06:05 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If ESPN bothered to cover small-market teams, they'd know the Bengals have a pretty drama-free locker room - Pacman Jones excluded. Seriously, I'm still waiting on one of these hot airbags to point out these supposed off-the-field issues that seem to define this football team (again, not named Pacman Jones).

It's easier to make assumptions and buy into your own narrative rather than doing actual investigative reporting, I guess.

Exactly. I think it's hilarious that they lump vontaze in with pacman jones. If they knew anything about anything they'd know there is no comparison.

(04-29-2017, 06:09 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Steelers take a long snapper.

Like I said earlier - a good dependable long snapper is important.   
I remember they gave Cleveland Browns High Mark in recent past drafts and look what have they done?
What the media says and what grades are received on drafts don't really matter. By the end of the day it comes down to winning and if the Bengals can win a playoff game it changes things.

Several teams including Cleveland Browns took athletes with serious character concerns. But like the old cliche a picture is a thousand words and a video even more so.

I'm rooting for Mixon. I hope he becomes All Pro.

Did I want the Bengals to draft that guy no. But now I hope he makes the Pro Bowl as a rookie and stays out of trouble.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(04-29-2017, 06:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In fairness that locker room was with the steadying hand of Whitworth and Peko. (Not that I don't think Peko had to go, but still.)

We don't know how this locker room will look when you take away Whit and Peko, have the coach and owner defending Adam after his latest ordeal, and add Mixon.

This is the year that both Andy and A.J. really have to step up and fill that void.  It's time they take hold of this team.
(04-29-2017, 06:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In fairness that locker room was with the steadying hand of Whitworth and Peko. (Not that I don't think Peko had to go, but still.)

They've made it clear Andy and AJ are the guys now. Things will be fine.

A lot of Burfict's personal fouls on the field gets lumped together with the off-the-field issues by the media.

No matter what...as long as Burfict is here...we're going to have the perception of a dirty team.

I'd say the Steelers are just as dirty. They're just more popular nationally. And if you look at the NFL overall...rarely a week goes by without someone being arrested.
(04-29-2017, 04:21 PM)kevin Wrote: C- Tyler Orlosky-West Virginia....G-Danny Isidora- Miami Florida.......C- Kyle Fuller-Baylor......G-Jessamen Dinker-Tennessee State.......T- Chad Wheeler-Southern California.....T- Conor McDermott-UCLA

WE NEED AT LEAST A 5th ROUND O LINEMAN or this Bengals draft stinks.

A single 5 round pick isn't going to determine whether or not this draft stinks. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(04-29-2017, 06:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A lot of Burfict's personal fouls on the field gets lumped together with the off-the-field issues by the media.

No matter what...as long as Burfict is here...we're going to have the perception of a dirty team.

I'd say the Steelers are just as dirty. They're just more popular nationally. And if you look at the NFL overall...rarely a week goes by without someone being arrested.

Didn't Burfict only have one personal foul last year?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(04-29-2017, 05:57 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: NFL network strikes again as Terrell Davis picks us as his biggest disappointment in the draft.

No one listens to Terrell Davis. Plus he is just one analyst. Overall NFLN treated us better than anyone else. They actually showed our picks (did not go to commercial) and actually showed game tape on Ross and Mixon. They also are the ones who pointed out we did our homework on Mixon (something ESPN in particular did not do). 
The nightmare for Kaaya is over.
Can't wait to read about how smart the Steelers were to draft a long snapper
(04-29-2017, 04:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: JJ Dielman. A Center!!! YESSS!!!!

Suck on that Bodine!

JJ Dielman sounds like an All Pro Center's name.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(04-29-2017, 06:17 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Can't wait to read about how smart the Steelers were to draft a long snapper

LOL, ain't that the truth.
(04-29-2017, 06:17 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The nightmare for Kaaya is over.

In mocks before this past college football season...I saw Kaaya projected to go #1 overall. What a huge fall.
Bengals don't pick again for a while.