Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 06:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Holy Homerism, Batman. Holy fried eggs in the pan without the pan.

Davis is terrible. Don’t take my word for it. Look around. Throwaway pick. He’s not making the team. And no team that takes Drew Sample in the 2nd round gets an A+, even if you believe he may be a starter someday.

This wasn’t even close to an A. It’s not even a B on paper. They made some nice picks and some silly ones. For the love of spicy brown mustard, at least try to be a little objective.

Yeah, Davis is probably the worst rated linebacker that's been drafted. Almost more of a head-scratcher than the Sample pick. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: FWIW, Kat Terrell reported that scouts from teams around the league were a lot higher on Sample than the media was and he was not expected to be around much longer.

I dunno, these guys here assured me that they know for a fact we could have got him two rounds later, and there's no way they could possibly be wrong, right?
Reply/Quote
Decent picks this year with a few WTF moments thrown in for good measure. I think when we look back at this one we will see it as a smart and solid draft, at least I hope we do!
Reply/Quote
I wanted Sweeney as UDFA!!!
Reply/Quote
I figured someone would've at least taken a shot on Tyree Jackson by now.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
lol. Just uttered on the draft. "He had some petty larceny charges, but he got over it." Didn't know that was something you got over.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:32 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I figured someone would've at least taken a shot on Tyree Jackson by now.

Was he the QB at the combine during WR work outs that they had to talk to a couple of times because he was overshooting all the WRs during his rotations with fast balls?  I was watching while doing other stuff so I may be mistaken but I seem to recall someone doing that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Just catching up, how many LBers we end up with?

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Holy Homerism, Batman. Holy fried eggs in the pan without the pan.

Davis is terrible. Don’t take my word for it. Look around. Throwaway pick. He’s not making the team. And no team that takes Drew Sample in the 2nd round gets an A+, even if you believe he may be a starter someday.

This wasn’t even close to an A. It’s not even a B on paper. They made some nice picks and some silly ones. For the love of spicy brown mustard, at least try to be a little objective.

What the hell? I love our Draft, it isn't homerism here. I hated the Og pick back in the day, hated the Walton pick last year. Davis isn't terrible, guy led Auburn in tackles and takes great angles and wraps up. WTF is you problem? I don't get mad very often but you seriously are pissing me off here. We needed to upgrade the O-line and Linebacker position while adding talent...

Newsflash, they did it dumbazz. Don't **** with me.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just catching up, how many LBers we end up with?

Another one, so 2 in total.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just catching up, how many LBers we end up with?

Germain Pratt and Deshaun Davis

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Was he the QB at the combine during WR work outs that they had to talk to a couple of times because he was overshooting all the WRs during his rotations with fast balls?  I was watching while doing other stuff so I may be mistaken but I seem to recall someone doing that.

He was. Seemed like the perfect type that some QB guru would think they could fix, especially given the measureables.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just catching up, how many LBers we end up with?

Two, Germaine Pratt and Deshaun Davis, both great picks IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just catching up, how many LBers we end up with?

One good one. One not so good one. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:45 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: One good one. One not so good one. 

Hmm...still pretty nervous about our LB situation then.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:44 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: He was. Seemed like the perfect type that some QB guru would think they could fix, especially given the measureables.

Thanks I thought that was who I remembered.  The announcers were all having a good laugh about it.  At 6' 7" he certainly would not have a problem seeing the field over linemen.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hmm...still pretty nervous about our LB situation then.

I am too, however, I really like the Pratt kid.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What the hell? I love our Draft, it isn't homerism here. I hated the Og pick back in the day, hated the Walton pick last year. Davis isn't terrible, guy led Auburn in tackles and takes great angles and wraps up. WTF is you problem? I don't get mad very often but you seriously are pissing me off here. We needed to upgrade the O-line and Linebacker position while adding talent...

Newsflash, they did it dumbazz. Don't **** with me.

Everyone is used to over a decade of “Marvin Lewis drafts” and from what I can tell, this standard is still in place. This is a Zac Taylor draft and he doesn’t draft anything like Marvin. Marvin wasn’t a bad coach with respect to the draft — but Zac has a new scheme in mind: Run the ball and stop the run. This iteration of the Bengals will look somewhat like 2009 but Joe Mixon is lots better than Cedric Benson.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:45 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: One good one. One not so good one. 

Not saying Deshaun Davis is a future All Pro but what did you expect from a 6th rounder?

This guy knows how to diagnose plays and tackle. Something we desperately need from the Linebacker position.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hmm...still pretty nervous about our LB situation then.

I think even had we grabbed one of the guys in the first round it was still going to be our weakest positional group overall, and what they actually got certainly doesn't change that.

I do think Pratt is an upgrade though.
Reply/Quote